Bombers, wtfseriouslyamirite?

Hey Veeky Forums what do you think about bombers?

Personally I can't stand them. Not bait. Not shitposting. I simply can't understand the appeal. I thought this one would be an exception. It looks interesting. Tired it on 20 minutes ago and hated the fit. Tried going down sizes too. No good. Too boxy.

Bomber discussion/ bomber inspo thread. Post your bombers and opinions on bombers!

Hideous.

Bomber jackets date from a time when the average height was much lower, and pants were worn at/above true waist.

Bombers can be a solid option for manlets, but that is because manlets look like shit in real-people outerwear, not because bombers actually look good.

/fa is going to hate on bombers until they're no longer a trend because this board is too pretentious to discuss articles of clothing objectively, or at least attempt to since clothing is a subjective topic. That being said, I think they are reasonably versatile depending on how minimalist the design is. If you go for with incredibly baggy arms, the traditional zipper on the sleeve, and just an overall more causal fit, then it will be a lot more versatile for someone who is more or less into the streetwear aspect of fashion. I think because of the connotations behind streetwear as a whole, these types of bombers convey a much more immature look. However, if you get one that isn't overdone with zippers and is relatively slim fitting, then it can be more versatile in a more mature wardrobe. More mature meaning, more formal. I personally am not a fan. I think you can find better jackets that are more interesting and provide the same versatility.

Finally someone gets it. I'm 185 cm and have broad shoulders. I'm a big guy and you'd think something like this would be good on me.

I feel like a Russian fuccboi in these things.

What you posted is an abomination.

Bombers are fucking effay
Here is the one I just got
I am in love with it

You shoes look like jizz.

I like em, they're comfy

This is cool. See, I want something like this. I just don't want to go too basic. I'd like something to POP.

I'm not super thin like these guys either. Not sure how it would look...

>Displaying soviet flag on Veeky Forums

careful there lad

Agred, that guy probs gets in arguments at pubs about communism.

Do you fuck?

What about bombers on women?

I think that depends on what you look like. I like bombers on girls that short. Tall girls are look kind of wonky in them.

>hated the fit
it's h&m the fuck did you expect

this is some lovingly crafted bait right here.
the original image, I mean, not this repost.
the fat thighs, the shitty sneakers, nu-male hair, and the fact that the dude is a manlet should have been enough but what makes it art is the fucking soviet flag in the background.
now I don't care if it's there ironically or because he believes in it or because he's trolling but it really pulls the whole troll together into a symphony of bait

yeah haha. thank goodness thats a troll right?

Suggestions please?

I love them, but then again I'm 6'3" 186lbs and Veeky Forums

but are you Veeky Forums???????????

KKA, Rick and Undercover make some really nice ones
KKA for simple high quality classic model with attention to detail
Rick for similar but more exaggerated take on it on pretty much whatever material you would ever want a bomber in
Undercover for more interesting and flashy designs, Vandalize collabs are classic for example

This. Cheap jackets are shit, but you can say it about every fucking jacket then. From coat to parka to leather jackets. Bomber is first type of clothing like pants or jeans. Quality ones with interestign design are good and nice. H&M and ASOS are shitty no matter what, only good jacket in this price range is vintage M65 or Bundeswehr.
I can also add Our Legacym Juun J. and Dries Van Noten to a list of goat bombers. Though Undercover makes my favorite ones.

You can't compare price points like that you old money fuck boy.

Of course a 2000 euro designer jacket is going to be better. I don't think the majority of people on this board can afford that though. kys and put me in your will.

The guy just asked suggestions
I don't think it's really worth it to skimp on clothing budget especially when it comes to outerwear

I personally like to buy vintage coats/jackets at salvation army or goodwill. I pay an old lady to sew up and damages and they're good as new. They're quality pieces and you can get them for like 10 dollars.

pretty much everything I put on that that frame looks good on me, even if I'm not, the comments I usually hear is "you're so tall, nice, you workout, love your jawline, you're pretty"

You just look like a fucking mess

Kill yourself

>when the average height was much lower
except no, they became relevant in the mid 20th century, when the average US height was higher or at least equal to now
from what i know, hispanic and east/south asian immigrants have in fact brought down the average height in the US and the west in general

just because they don't fit you doesn't mean they're shit, it just means they don't suit your demographic

>except no, they became relevant in the mid 20th century, when the average US height was higher or at least equal to now

Def. not.
As you might imagine, malnutrition was extremely common during the world wars and the great depression.

In addition to which BOMBER crews who were given BOMBER jackets from which the garment takes it's godamn name were specifically chosen to be as small as possible, to try to reduce fuel costs and decrease the likelihood that a crew member would get hit while the aircraft was being vigorously machinegunned by enemy interceptors.

So to re-iterate, the bomber jacket is a manlet garment by design. Manlets are never Veeky Forums, so bomber jackets are never Veeky Forums. QED.

>In addition to which BOMBER crews who were given BOMBER jackets from which the garment takes it's godamn name were specifically chosen to be as small as possible, to try to reduce fuel costs and decrease the likelihood that a crew member would get hit while the aircraft was being vigorously machinegunned by enemy interceptors.

*also because you had to be really compact to fit into a gun blister.

**and as long as you are sending people to die at a rate of 50%, they may as well be manlets.

nice dubs you commie faggot
Heil Hitler

>the comments I usually hear is "you're so tall, nice, you workout, love your jawline, you're pretty"

You forgot "humble".