Why are Arabic Numbers basically universally used regardless of the languages native script?

Why are Arabic Numbers basically universally used regardless of the languages native script?

>Arabic
They're from India, lad.

Only plebs care about maintaining superficial cultural differences and they don't use math.

because they're pretty good

>Muslim blows away 50 people
>Q-quick make a thread about Islams benefits!
And like fpbp says, they're not even Arabic

It just works.

>Arabic numerals
>Islam

Found the uneducated borderline subhuman. Don't you have enough threads to shitpost in already?

Because they're legitimately the best.

>Muslim=Arab
>Arab=Muslim

They're incredibly convenient.
>regardless of the languages native script?
Who cares? Numbers are numbers

So, how did these get widespread usage?

>base 10

fucking dropped

Europe adopted them because they were easier

they were adopted because they are easier to work with

a big part of the reason was because of the invention of the number zero (which didn't exist in roman numerals etc.)

Azns still use their Chinknumerals based on context.

That's a why, not a how. Whatever, this is what I get for expecting something from Veeky Forums

some dude started using them
some other dude saw them and thought they were dope
two dope boys in a cadillac

How: They adapted it through trade and exchanges from Enpire to empire, and it made everything easy to calculate in terms of that quantity of what is being sold and the currency being exchanged.

This is a myth, the romans did have zero "nulla". Zero just became more significant when algebra was developed.

Because some ancient algebra textbook used it and people who learned to use numbers learnt it from this book

Convenience across cultures.

that's not zero

9 ... 10

And yet they're called so.

t. Babylonian

Is base 30 the master race?

A shame we aren't using Duodecimal system. 12 is a great basis to work with.

What's the appeal of base 12? I mean clocks are nice, but it just seems unwieldy once you go past 144.

>He's onto us!
>Quick post some imgur images and write about how Muslims aren't Arabs!
>Even though Muslims have ethnically cleansed the Middle East of everyone but Arabs (and, to their eternal butthurt, the pkucky Israeli's)

How did indians invent such nice looking numbers instead of their typical rune shittery?

>being this triggered

Embarrassing.

These are just runes you like.

>being this unable to defend himself

Sad

Who
>base 12 masterrace
Here?

>plebeian detected

You fucking wot?
1v1 me cunt

> not using base φ
When plebeians invaded this board?

U FOOKIN WOT M8
I'LL CHARLIE UR HOORSE U FOOKER
I'LL SKALLY UR WAG
I'LL BLOOK UR GARD
I'LL CUMPIT UR T

>Muslims have ethnically cleansed the Middle East of everyone but Arabs
turks do not exist, they are just a big lie, a boogeyman made up by orthodox christians

ALGEBRA
(duh)

Cool story bro. Ignoring the fact Turket likes to play pretend that it's both in the Middle-East and Europe at the same time, let's discern your point of view. Just how did the Turks come into existance?

How was your pilgrimage in mekka, saudi ARABIA, AHMED ? Did you read the QURAN and recited a few ARABIC prayers while you traveled in traditional ARABIC clothes to worship the cube ?

> More likely to have been an Indonesian guy reciting Arabic prayers in Indonesian traditional clothing for the first part until he entered mecca upon which he would wear a piece of cloth that barely covered from knee to belly and then the shoulders desu

>Just how did the Turks come into existance?
They were created by Gök Tanrı, god of the eternal blue sky :-DDD
iirc they were a bunch of mongol types from central asia who came down into turkey and Blanda Upped with the native greeks/anatolians/kurds/caucasians/whoever was already living in Asia Minor (rather like the spanish did in mexico) and that's why the average population of turkey is basically pretty similar to greeks/etc, but with a minor percentage of central asian turkic ancestry (and speak a turkic language).
That is to say, they're not Arabs.

You're missing a small part of their genetic heritage. To be fair it's the same part of their heritage the Turks wiped out and pretended never existed. What are the Kurds?

>What are the Kurds?
Good question

I unfortunately don't know much about the Kurds. I knew this Turkish guy who said the Kurds are "kind of like Gypsies and Mexicans." I don't think he liked them very much.

Fractions are easiear to write, cause 1/3 becomes 0.4. Plus it's easier to find out if you can divide a number by 3, 4 and 6. Downside is of course, everything that has to do with 5 in the decimal system becomes harder.
We're just so much used to the decimal system, but everything else feels off. Numbers beyond 100 are already unwieldy anyway. Is 127 a prime number? I know I have to think a bit.

Arabs are so pathetic

they steal food, bikes....and even numbers.

aren't humans "naturally" logarithmic?

One thousand four hundred and eighty eight

> Roman
MCDLXXXVIII

> Chinese
一千四百八十八

> Arabic

Now tell me which one saves the most space.

This shit is the worst, I had to replace a lightbulb in Korea and all the fucking stores had them labeled in their godawful gookspeak, had to get one of the workers to help me find the size I needed.

Muslims invented math.

It's very important for making bombs.

>Indian Ocean
>Not owned by India

You're logic is flawed

I don't know and I'm curious myself but for a contemporary example isn't coding also pretty universal? Regardless if your native language is adapted to latin characters you're using them in stuff like C++ whether you like it or not.

Random guess but since that's something we've seen happen before our eyes we can speculate it's similar to what happened with the spread of western/arabic mathematics representation. Technical types that are the first to adopt this stuff care less about "muh tradition" and there is no great cultural loss compared to adopting something like a new common language or system of weighs and measurements. It also filters down from those elite technicians that make up a small often transnational community of experts.

>English
One thousand four hundred and eighty eight

wow look how long it is

Ironically, Arabs use Urdu numerals.

t. Arabic speaker

>Muslims have ethnically cleansed the Middle East of everyone but Arabs
People don't actually believe this do they?

Nah thats how /pol/ thinks history works.

Technically all of the Classical Euro/Mediterranean world was ethnically cleansed and replaced by Romans according to /pol/.

>how did the Turks come into existance?
Even god makes mistakes.

>1278537
>Even though Muslims have ethnically cleansed the Middle East of everyone but Arabs (and, to their eternal butthurt, the pkucky Israeli's)
What the hell?

What Arabs use.