What do you guys think about outdoorsy/preppy fits? I'm talking brands like Patagonia, North Face, Fjallraven, etc

What do you guys think about outdoorsy/preppy fits? I'm talking brands like Patagonia, North Face, Fjallraven, etc.

Love this shit, Patagonia is one of my favorite brands but Veeky Forums probably hates this aesthetic

Looks great if you're a chad or you're in an SEC fraternity, avoid it you're a skelly weirdo like most of Veeky Forums

FUCK WHAT /fa thinks do what you feel like doing and be inspired by whatever you get inspo from, don't let other people tell you how to live

That was meant for you btw

I genuinely think patagonia fleeces are great but garbage because of the fratty douches thats are associated with them.

anyway I just picked this jacket up from Patagonia's new workwear line. I'm gonna try to cover up the Brand patch because I'm not a fan being a walking billboard for something I paid almost $200 for

Most of Fa can’t afford this brands so they just say it’s shit or mah thrift store

>bunch of entry level and mall tier brands
>most of you can't afford them
You can't be fucking serious.

patagonia is shit. not just because its overpriced garbage. not just because its made in china crap, that is poorly designed and falls apart. like most brands, the quality has majorly deteriorated. most of you probably dont remember when patagonia stuff was made in the usa, and then made in portugal. it was so much better. the organic cotton was actually soft, and garments were actually stitched properly.

no, what bothers me the most is that they are fucking hypocrits. get on your soapbox and preach about saving the environment and saving some stupid endangered fish in a dam, but then you turn around and have all your clothing made in chinese sweatshops witht he poorest human rights record in the world. yeah ok. stupid tree hugging cunts

I have this Fjällräven parka and love it. FJ has some kinda more traditional and effay stuff, most of their stuff is kinda grandpa-tier, or boring technical gear. North face is bit meh, Purple label is good shit but its NF in name only. Patagonia has cool stuff, I'd like one of those fleeces in some digustingly retro coloring but I dont really have use for one

I rock that aesthetic everyday my mate.

check out railriders

forgot pic

please shut the fuck up, the brand is great, I don't need bunch of internet fashion victims adopting it

Makes me wet

Squeezing the life out of Chinese "people" in a tiny sweatshop is one of the most environmentally aware things a company can do user. For every dead chink, 5 dogs live another day

Oooo edgy!

what are these guys doing?

archaeology, hiking, or just models

what is this 2010?

no idea, got the picture a few months back on here.

patagonia isn't exactly "entry level" or mall tier

patagonia fleeces are just sported by your stereotypical upper middle class white dude.

But patagonia is better than that

Thanks user, their stuff looks pretty nice.

I wear it on the daily for my office job. Acceptable in the PNW and doesn't make you look like an unapproachable Veeky Forums autist.

>patagonia isn't exactly "entry level" or mall tier

yes it is

>patagonia fleeces are just sported by your stereotypical upper middle class white dude.

no they aren't. just the subaru driving kind, while in the outdoors.

>But patagonia is better than that

no they aren't.

they make really ugly stuff that happens to be fairly form-fitting because that happens to be what is actually functional when you are trying to avoid freezing to death while covered in sweat.

I say this as an upper middle class white dude who happens to spend a reasonable amount of time trying to avoid freezing to death while covered in sweat.

I like the Naked and Famous duck pants. They're outdoorsy w/o having to succumb to straight legged bullshit.

>a chad in an SEC fraternity
Literally me. I don't wear patagonia but I think it looks good on other chads.

It's not entry level, that'd be jcpenney and its direct competitors (Sears, Kohls, etc.)

"walking billboard"
no one's looking man haha

ok ok xxxtentacion

the faster we send money to china, the faster their country develops environmentally friendly technologies, and the faster the climate change-denying US falls

their for the plebs.

i would NOT look twice at a prep.

Alright we need to find a a name for this
How about mountainwave? Or outwave
*-core is overused

Or

Post-prep

Not sure about north face... But Patagonia, REI, MEC, Fjallraven, and even some Carhartt is nice.

I prefer to go more towards the techwear side, which north face does fit in(along with other stuff from those other brands, except fjallraven and carhartt.)

just bought this coat

I can't wear any such things since it's always fucking hot here in So Cal.

I'd be glad just to wear a sweater more often.

>Alright we need to find a a name for this
no we don't please fuck off, labeling something "core" or "wave" something instantly kills anything this thing might have going

alright we need to find a name for this user, how about no-fun-allowed-user?

I love patagonia and north face, but you have to be careful about what you wear the pieces with. Also, vintage and worn pieces often look better than fresh ones. It helps to actually go /out/ pretty often. The outdoor technical aesthetic is a pretty nice alternative to [very expensive] and difficult to pull off urban techwear in my opinion.

I'm cool with that as long as you don't attach some autistic label to every single thread that has thread on Veeky Forums

>patagonia
>entry level
muted

i don't care, I don't like having a brand on my jacket personally. I do this with almost all my clothes.

>no they aren't. just the subaru driving kind, while in the outdoors.

I mean we are both arguing about something that is probably both true. I'm not saying you're wrong but here where I live in Connecticut, its literally worn by Upper Middle Class white people in towns like Greenwich, New Canaan, Fairfield, Darien. Pretty much all of Fairfield county.

I say this as a middle class black dude with a bunch of friends from all around Connecticut, including fairfield county.

Patagonia fleeces are the only thing they sell that I would consider entry level.

Just cut it off you retard. Take a razor and cut the stiches off the label. I did this shit since i was 12 to all my jansport backpacks.

fat cunt