Okay Veeky Forums I have a project for you

I have almost zero understanding of fashion. How do I fix this? Pic is me.
I'm 5'11" and 145 lbs.
What I think I know is that I need to shave, I need different glasses, and my jacket is probably too loose. Beyond that I have no idea.
Also If you guys want to recommend a watch style/color scheme to go with whatever outfit is good I'd love to hear about it. I make my own watches and I'd enjoy making a watch to fit an outfit.

Haircut: Back and Sides #3 and 3 inches on top. Say this EXACTLY when going to a barber.

Face: Shave. Visit the Skincare threads or /r/SkincareAddiction on Reddit. Get a daily routine going and make sure to patch test everything. Every product is different for everyone. Only exfoliate twice a week.

Glasses: Get contacts.

Clothes: Stop thrifting or wearing clothes with extreme wear and get regular, nice, fitting clothes. Visit Uniqlo if your on a budget and looking to experiment for a new wardrobe.

Boom now a functioning, looking, member of society.

Keep up the watch making that’s honestly all you, look up color theory if you want. My opinion is look up cool leathers. Post a pic of that please, sound really cool.

Is there anything you have less than zero understanding of?

Apply whatever process worked for you there.

All of the things that I have a greater than zero understanding of are subjects that can be understood objectively. With fashion it seems that there is no clear cut correct answer, so I'm kinda lost.

I dunno man you've got kind've a Danny Masterson Meets The Dude thing going on already.

It's not the worst.

and a lot of the scum here would literally die for your thin build.

agree with other user about getting contacts though.

Your goal for the foreseeable future is to watch reruns of That 70's Show and try to wear outfits as similar as possible to those worn by Hyde.

Within that framework, figure out which brands fit you best and which fabrics you enjoy wearing.

Can you show me a pic of what "Back and Sides #3 and 3 inches on top" would look like for someone with curly hair like me? I would like to know.

Also, I really don't like wearing contacts, they are really uncomfortable for me. Is it possible there is a good looking pair of prescription glasses I could use?

Also pic is a watch I made, the one I wear daily.

>Is it possible there is a good looking pair of prescription glasses I could use?

No.

your outfit/hair/glasses/face are actually very nice from a high fashion standpoint but most normies wouldn't understand

in general: you need to shave and fix your skin & you should also buy/find some slimmer/skinnier fit pants in order to make your look more palatable. your jacket looks like it fits well but it's difficult to tell because you aren't standing.

keep in mind Veeky Forums's taste is shit and you're going to get a lot of bad advice itt

Holy shit I do look like a combination of those two. I dunno, it'd be neat if I didn't have to change my style significantly to become Veeky Forums.

You're doing a hell of a lot better than a lot of Veeky Forums, and a hell of a lot better than I was at your age.

Def on the right track.

Depends on what your goal is
Do you want to look like a functioning member or society or do you want to find your own style or something like that? At the end of the day I think it's somethibg you have to decide but you can get some ideas from the "inspo" threads on here. Also I wouldn't absolutely trust opinions here. Some of the faggots who frequent this board are way too self entitled

also, stick with the watchmaking thing.
it will take you places.

I think the jacket might be a little big, if only because it's a hand me down from my dad, who is fatter than me. I have another one that might fit better.
I'll try to find better fitting pants, I take it the color and all that is fine.
Other than that it seems like everyone is telling me to fix my skin, and I'm getting mixed messages on the glasses.

Thanks, I'm happy to hear that. I've got another watch that I'm making right now, but it's not liable to be something I could wear in anything other than a fairly fancy outfit. So I'll probably just stick to admiring it.

Basically this, but not as long on top.

Very cool watch btw. Keep it up

I see, I used to get a haircut kind of like that but my hair was too curly, so it would stand up and I would look like eraserhead. In order to avoid that I got a longer cut on the sides, this is me from like 4 years ago.

You've actually got some radical dork potential going on you just need to leverage with skin care, better glasses and clothes that fit.

All the best with the watch making. Cool skill.

the glasses depend on what you're going for, they'd work real well in certain outfits

idk if you would care for it but a style consisting of mostly thrift clothes and thrown together fits has been considered fashionable for a long time and imo it generally looks nice as long as everything fits and the garments are of good quality
id post a pic but i lost my inspo folder

If it's your dad's jacket and you want to wear it, just go for it. Try on a sweatshirt underneath, unbutton the sleeves of the jacket and roll them up a bit, you can show one of your watches that way.
But if you're going to wear the jacket that way, you should get yourself some slim black jeans. Not skinny fit, though.
And I dig your hair, keep it that way, but shave the beard and ditch the glasses. Go for round glasses or something with a vintage vibe and go for the 70s aesthetic.
Also the yellow shirt doesn't really work for you.

Or try your sleeves like that. Oversized jackets make you upper body quite bulky, that's the reason why you should wear slimmer pants.

Honestly i like the style, the fit just needs more work
I like the glasses

bit of a napoleon dynamite vibe, i like it
just needs to stay on the hipster side, not the nerd side
i cant really tell you what that means

Dude, you look fucking sick as is. I would only say that you would need a different look for a professional setting. But if you went to a show or something, most people would think that you look cool.

you're okay the way you are honestly, just be mindful of your hygiene i guess. maybe change your glasses and take care of your skin.

just shave and take a bit more care with your skin. I don't have a haircut like that but it definitely suits you

Okay, I can do that with the jacket, and I'll try to find some more round looking glasses, but I don't wanna look like I just copped Hairy Potter's shit.
Also would a dark green or brown, perhaps a dark red be a better color for the shirt?
The fit should be slightly tighter, but sill a little loose, right? Like the picture of Hyde hereI think I get what you're saying.
Thanks. Maybe in a professional setting I can find an okay look with my hair pulled back.
Yeah, it seems like skin care is the most important thing for me, I'll work on that.

Your hair is rad.

Be my bf

>Get contacts.
Not him, but I see this recommended often. Is there no way to look good in glasses? I can't wear contacts as they can't do anything for my astigmatism.

i think tightness is ok but thats up to your tastes, i thought the colors were a bit mismatched, could just be the camera tho

Be my gf.

Toric lenses, man

just kidding, loser

your fits should compliment who you are and what style you're after, keep that in mind. Skin care, avoid facial hair unless you can grow a clean beard. I like the jacket, but don't wear jeans like that with stains on it. It'll make you look poor which is only trendy to youths who are poor.

Rude

A yellow shirt could work too, but this light mustardish yellow doesn’t work in combination with the cargos and the jacket. And the push buttons on the shirt aren’t helping either.

And Jeans tighter, but not skin tight. Get yourself some slimmer Jeans that you like the looks of when you’re wearing them and that are comfy enough. When you’re feeling uncertain, about what to pick, visiting a local store, take some pictures in different pants you like and feel free to ask for advice here :)

Gotcha, so shirts in pic related should work? Though I should try to find a darker yellow if I can.
Also I assume brown/black/dark green are good colors for the jeans I might wear. Denim jeans would look weird with a denim jacket, right?

Absolutely, Denim on denim is pretty hard to pull off, black jeans are the most versatile and work with almost every other color. A dark blue jeans would work with your jacket too, but a combination with black or different colored blue shirt could look off. So I'd recommend a black jeans. From the three in your picture, I dig the red shirt the most, but the green one would look great too in combination with a black jeans and some boots. Have a look at Palladium Baggy Boots for example, they are well priced and have a nice slim profile. Green shirt with black jeans and Palladium boots would give your look a military vibe though, I'm not sure if you'd like that. The red shirt, slightly oversized maybe, so that it's a bit longer then the jacket in combination with black jeans or your cargo pants could look great too. If you're wearing sneakers, you could pinroll the cargos to give them a slimmer profile.

heh u cute

Hmm, shoes are something I had not considered.
I have always been particular about the comfort of my footwear.
Pic related are the shoes I normally buy, they fit me perfectly and last forever, even though they don't exactly look as fashionable as palladium boots, and they cost three times as much.
I still want to continue buying footwear that fits me well and will last for a long time. Maybe I will look for other styles of high-quality hiking shoes.

Just being honest with you here. If you want to look in any way fashionable those hiking boots are a deal-breaking no.

Look at Danner maybe. Pic related is the Mountain Light II, one of their most popular models, but they make several full leather hiking boots. Boots like this with nice leather will look much more mature and put together than sneaker style hiking boots (without being a huge change from what you're used to) and really help you pull off the "hipster, not nerdy" look that lots of people here have mentioned.

I thought that might be the case. Well, I have other options.
This looks much better, the quality of the palladium boots did not look very good to me, but this brand seems to be much better. I will look at what sort of footwear they have.

Yeah, I'm fine with putting a lot of money into my shoes to make sure I like them.
If the leather Danner shoes that were posted here would work then I would probably get something like that, they don't really cost more than what I'm paying for the Oboz, and the quality seems very good. And of course they look nicer.

A cursory look at amazon found me the shoes in my pic, also by Danner, do they look like they would fit with the outfit?

way better already, although the Mountain Light 2 have a better looking sole and the fewer applications on the upper part is making it look less "hikey", but you've got to like the shoes too in the end.

First guy who suggested Danner here, I agree with . Definitely an improvement but the little bits of fabric remind me of the things I don't like about the oboz boots. Also I think the chunkier sole of the mountain II is a better fit for your loose pants

Don't listen to this scrub giving you cookie cutter advice. You'll just look like every other douchebag out there.

I like the denim jacket, and you should stick with looser pants. Obviously yes get some cleaner clothes, maybe shave the beard and moustache for now till you find a style you are comfortable with.

Take care of your skin better, get rid of the acne. Just be more fashion aware while still wearing stuff that you feel represents you or the image you want to portray.

Hey OP you seem like a super cool guy based on your posts. I agree with most of the advice that's along the lines of "keep doing what you're doing, but with better clothes and a skincare routine". Only thing I would add is that it might be wise to try to stay with more budget-friendly options at first (especially in regard to things like boots, which can get really pricey), as long as they don't sacrifice much on style. That way you won't find yourself wasting a lot of money at first as you work through the trial-and-error process of finding your style.

Alright I'll keep that in mind. I'll have to go to a outdoor recreation store to try some of these shoes on so I can get a good fit.
Yeah I can take care of the facial hair and acne.
Also the pants are dirty b/c I just got home from work when I took that picture, I don't think they're stained.
I plan on sticking with my current shoes until they wear out, then I will get better looking shoes like in the pictures above.
I already spend around 150 dollars on shoes whenever I buy them, so I'm not worried about switching from Oboz to Danner since the Mountain 503 Danners cost about the same and they look like they'd last.
If I were to get the Mountain II I would hope that they last a bit longer than my Oboz(since they cost $100 more), but I'm not afraid to pay more for shoes, since I plan on getting a lot of mileage out of them.

and keep your hair, OP!

I will, don't worry.

Any nice leather boots for a guy on a budget?

Pretty much just used stuff. /r/mfa unironically has a great guide to boots with good quality leather. You basically can't find any full grain leather boots for less than like $200 new. But used is fine because full grain leather often looks better beat up depending on the style and it'll last for years with minimal care, and full grain leather boots can often be resoled for about $60 so you really don't need to replace them until they're falling apart at the seams

What's the mecha, quarc, automatic, winding?

Standard-grade ETA 2824-2 movement, so automatic.
Also the case is sapphire glass on the front and back. Here are some more images since you seem interested.

You can’t grow a beard so shave it, put your hair in a pony tail and wear better slimmer pants