Is anyone interested in a non-memer skype group to discuss strategy and actual finance/economics?

is anyone interested in a non-memer skype group to discuss strategy and actual finance/economics?

none of this sick stock picks-i have no idea what financial statements or valuation is bullshit that is rampant all over this board. no crypto shills, no penny stocks or anyone that would even consider these things serious investments. no fags that would recommend buying something just because it looks like the price is low on a chart.

rules would be no retards, only people with actual money in the market and serious interest in investing. additions to the group would be prescreened and adding people who want to learn would come after a solid base is formed.

Other urls found in this thread:

telegram.org/faq
hangouts.google.com/call/3nnqzhrxjfdf7gr5qsradbbr74e
telegram.me/joinchat/DYBbQgidp2iS3YZHOwctSg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you'd have a better chance with this on reddit. Veeky Forums is full of either uninformed newfriends or actual competent people, but, who are too high/drunk out of their minds to contribute anything useful and are simply here just for a laugh

Would be interested. Rather do telegram than skype though

i am open to whatever program. not familiar with telegram so what are the advantages? ill try and remember to keep this thread bumped into next week i dont have the time to organize this at the moment.

what sub?

>wants a group to discuss "actual finance"
>doesnt want to talk about stock sand valuations

???

Its just badly phrased, I think he means:
none-of-this-sick-stock-picks-i-have-no-idea-what-financial-statements-or-valuation-is bullshit

Telegram is a secure instant messaging app. Works well for groups and is anonymous.

Let's do Telegram.

Post your usernames and let's get a group going, fuckos

>is anonymous.
They want (require) a phone number; this isn't anonymous.

Next.

google hangouts

someone start the link and i will probably join l8tr

>They want (require) a phone number; this isn't anonymous.

It's not displayed to anyone dumbass.

It IS anonymous. The phone number is if you want people to talk to you only who know your number(as in your irl friends) and strangers can't add you and talk to you.

You create a username and search for people that way. It's a great chat app, use it

Its still not anonymous I don't want some random company having my phone number.

Go with slack and I'll join

>Some random company

You're a retard

telegram.org/faq

how is it not anonymous you idiot?

>At Telegram we think that the two most important components of Internet privacy should be instead:

Protecting your private conversations from snooping third parties, such as officials, employers, etc.
Protecting your personal data from third parties, such as marketers, advertisers, etc.
This is what everybody should care about, and these are some of our top priorities. Telegram is a non-commercial project with an aim to create a truly free messenger, without the usual caveats. This means that instead of diverting public attention with low-impact settings, we can afford to focus on the real privacy issues that exist in the modern world.

Its just fluff if they valued privacy they would make phone numbers optional.

>swallowing the kool aid wholesale

wew

>tries to get a group going
>makes BS rules because "muh opinions"
>cant even figure out the right platform

never change Veeky Forums

GET IN HERE

Today's topic: Wealth Building

hangouts.google.com/call/3nnqzhrxjfdf7gr5qsradbbr74e

Drug of the Month.

I get 20% just for the brilliant idea.

wait, how did I end up on this channel? nvm.

Night Veeky Forums! Let's do this again real soon.

>thinking a skype group with Veeky Forums neets will help his financial strategy

KEK

"Hey guys we value your privacy, so even though we want your passport info, a scan of your birth certificate, SSN, two bills, driver's licence, and a picture of your face and signature, it's okay because we don't share it with anybody!"
Yeah righto

>Being this paranoid about your phone number

You don't even need to provide a phone number to make a gmail man, come on.

R/economics is worse than just about anywhere

Except gmail admits to spying on your emails

Indeed. If a company with no regard for your privacy doesn't demand a phone number, why should one that does?
Conclusion: these people don't care about your privacy at all, less than google in fact.

There has to be some way for the app to identify the users unless you want anons only. Nobody can even access it, so what is all this whining about? Are you scared that your irrelevant phone number is stored anonymously on some random server? Newsflash, nobody gives a shit and its not connected to your name or identity in any way.

>There has to be some way for the app to identify the users unless you want anons only.
How about a username which you can create? Fairly sure these have been around a while. For instance on gmail.

Then you will have a shit ton of bots on the app and you cant access anything after a switching phones. Don't you realize that phone numbers that are not connected to your name are completely useless? Anybody can just randomly dial numbers, random phone numbers without any background information have no value to anyone.

Anyone who claims to be looking out for your privacy demanding your personal details be they phone numbers or otherwise is very strange to me. Surely someone interested in your privacy would give you the option not to divulge your phone number?

Telegram isn't a for-profit company though.

Also the 'secret chats' use end to end encryption, so even if it was stored on their server it would be useless.

Keep in mind telegram is entirely Free and Opensource other than the network code

I still don't see why there is a reason to require a phone number

Are you able to read at all? Bots and verifying identity.

Maybe to verify your identity?

Why are you so autistic about your phone number? Tons of people use telegram, it's opensource, it's fine.

I use Telegram and while I can allow myself to be a little more risqué on that platform than most, you'd have to be absolutely retarded to think it's 100% secure. Server end encryption is not open source and of course there's the phone number thing. That being said, it's a clean fast app.

Eh... It's secure ENOUGH.

Unless you're sending CP or are an ISIS terrorist...(speaking of which, a lot of ISIS uses telegram)

I just use a lot of racism and crude jokes that make me question whether or not I'm actually joking. I also break HIPAA a lot :^)

>I also break HIPAA a lot :^)

fuck you i'm always self conscious about that stuff

MAKE A FUCKING TELEGRAM GROUP FAGITS. POST YOUR USERNAMES

>Maybe to verify your identity?
It's a privacy app. Handing over my identity defeats the purpose of privacy. Why would I as a person seeking privacy, subject myself in that process to an invasion of my privacy!?
It's fucking retarded.

It's not used for anything dumbass.

What are you hiding exactly? Your mountain of CP?

Jesus christ, how retarded are you? Think about how useful an instant messaging app would be if you lose all your contacts and chat history every time you change phones or reinstall the app.

>Jesus christ, how retarded are you? Think about how useful an instant messaging app would be if you lose all your contacts and chat history every time you change phones or reinstall the app.
Err
What's wrong with a user-generated username exactly? There are millions of apps which let you keep contacts and chat histories without requiring a phone number. I don't see how it's a requirement. If you don't want an anonymous IM program then fine, but don't lie and say this shit is. Also kill yourself.

I only reveal first name, user :^)

>What are bots?
>What is forgetting your password?
>Millions of apps that let you keep your chat history without requiring some kind of identification
I think we are done here

post your fucking telegram usernames faggots

@morningview

No bullshit, restricted memeing!

telegram.me/joinchat/DYBbQgidp2iS3YZHOwctSg