What would be effay for a blacksmithing or a skilled labor job...

What would be effay for a blacksmithing or a skilled labor job? I'm currently in school for blacksmithing and as much as I love suits my soon to be profession make wearing a suit a little hard.

Makes*

TIL first-worlders have to go to a special school for labour jobs

>TIL first-worlders have to go to a special school for labour jobs

that's why you're still third worlders

How much for a Damascus slide for a 1911?

Red Wings Iron Rangers

I would find things you like the look of distressed, most workshops are gonna ruin everything you wear into them, save the suits for after work

Lmfao fucking destroyed

non-creative professions are parasites, enjoy automation

How is blacksmithing non-creative. I shape metal into what ever looks pretty. I can do allot of art shit with this degree.

Blacksmiths can create art you mong

I could apprentice under someone for 10 years before I learn anything really cool or I can go to a 4 year college and learn a lot.

>The ART MAJOR somehow thinks he'll have a financially successful career in a world where everyone thinks they're a fucking pisaco.

Get the hell out of here, if you're using blacksmith learning for "art" you need to get some irl perspective with a side order of shut the fuck up and a desert called wake the fuck up.

Blacksmith me my iphone11 then we'll talk champ

That's sick OP. I'm an HVAC tech and our shop actually uses blacksmiths that are also ferriers.
There are a lot of horses around so they make a living doing both.
I'm gonna post a few pics of what I'd wear.
These boots are similar to mine except I have omega CSA certified boots. Testing live electrical and what not.

This just looks black smithish. Leather is easy to work with, could probably just make this.

The ferriers use carhartt aprons like this, they literally last forever and get a rugged look with use. You should be able to find some stylized saftey glasses online too... pretty easy for those.

Also welding shit is pretty effay imo.

Forgot pic.

You won't learn shit in a 4 year year you couldn't learn from working under a blacksmith for a year.

>inb4 "muh metallurgy"
The same fucking metallurgy available on the web for free? Or in a book at a used book store?

TYR'S SEVERED HAND! I forgot it again.
Sorry fellas, I've been working long hours and the lady is pissed for some fuckin thing idkwhat I'm mentally exhausted. Here we go, welding shit.

Don't listen to this. You can find practical applications for blacksmithing to fund your art, and many of those practical applications you might consider as your artistic outlets.

Demand is on the rise for quality handmade items produced through more traditional methods.

I knew a metalworker who would make props for movies and ornate beautiful gates for homes. Those clients would fund his passion projects, which he could then sell for decent $ since he could hold out for good offers.

I work as a gardener is that Veeky Forums?
Not the kind of gardener that cuts your grandmas lawn.

What then? Some grubby council worker?

>TYR'S SEVERED HAND!
Cringe

No at a botanical garden owned by the city

>Blacksmith in 2017
>Demand on the rise

Ohgodmysides.jpg

i think it's Veeky Forums user

OP don't worry about looking fancy just buy sturdy well-fitting clothes. blacksmiths look radical by virtue of their work environment alone

Yo nig nog im planning on being a gun Smith. First I'll shoe horses till I get something set up and do blacksmithing in on the side. I'm not retarded like you who thinks they can understand someone from very few words. Maybe I'll do art maybe.

And most creative students end up at McDonald's and unemployed being even bigger parasites.

I assume it's bait, but blacksmith are actually needed. At least for quality assurance in production involving metals if it's automised. I need quality stuff in everyday life while photographers and industrial designers are literally useless jobs.

I understand what your about but I have talked to someone who did that route and for like the first 4-5 years or so and made only hooks and simple shit

where is that?

After 10 years the apprentice is skilled worksman, and you collegeboy still don't know shit.