I'm currently in the process of losing weight, (about 40 pounds), for several reasons...

I'm currently in the process of losing weight, (about 40 pounds), for several reasons, one of which is that I want to look good in suits. I agree with ReviewBrah's taste and with him, and prefer older-style suits, like those featured on Mad Men. Does anybody have any advice on this endeavor, (less about losing weight and more like casually dressing in suits), like what I should do once I lose the weight, or whether I should do it at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aL0O8UC72O4
youtu.be/aL0O8UC72O4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wow, this board is slow as shit. I bet I could get more posts on /tv/ with this thread even if the mods removed it.

so go ask the retards on /tv/ about style advice you fat fuck.

Maybe I will, you fucking fag who actually browses a board about fashion ;O

Don't buy similar suits as reviewbrah has. They are quite unflattering and stuffy. There is great vintage stuff but his are 80-90s cheap poly suits.

When wearing a suit casually, there must be something to indicate the fact. Different fabrics, no tie, shoes etc. Something different so it doesn't look like you are not going to a church on Sunday

>They are quite unflattering and stuffy.
I like the styles, but isn't it because he gets his suits from thrift stores that they often don't fit him well? I want that style of suits, but I would like them to fit me better, which is why I won't buy any until I I achieve my goal weight.
>there must be something to indicate the fact.
Can you please post an example?

pleb mindset. reviewbrah is so archaic he is pure avant garde.

Yeah i like reviewbrah. I didn't say it but i meant it isn't a look that everyone should or could pull off. He has the confidence, the styles of suits he wears are very flashy. But still he could get better quality and fit

>But still he could get better quality and fit
I think he often looks great in his suits, and he seems to fit into them better the longer his series continues. I think some jackets fit him better because he's very limited by his budget and taste.

Go to the gym.

Okay, but in addition to just losing weight and starting to wear these suits?

Btw, I posted this on /tv/ and got more replies before the thread was deleted and they were about as good as the replies I got here, if not better. How does that you fucking dandies feel?

He's really not attractive enough for it to work.

Who is attractive enough who has made it work?

Oh gee, maybe the people he imitates?

I was actually thinking of non-fiction people, but I guess that's an obvious answer.

Not the same style nor era. Reviewbrah is beautiful tho

Really? It's very a similar style to what Reviewbrah . Those are also better fitting and better suits, obviously.

just make sure it fits, if you're a decent looking guy and in decent shape you will rock almost any suit (as long as it's nothing too weird or fancy like weird colours and shit)

Reviewbrah's suits are from the 90's because they're cheap and widely available at thrift stores.

youtube.com/watch?v=aL0O8UC72O4

Gym will help you lose fat while retaining your muscle.

I watched that video too and I thought they were of an even older style because he would get them used from thrift stores where people would deliver suits that were decades old, because the suits actually look to me much older than the 90s.

I don't want to get into a whole thing with this, but I don't care how much muscle I lose as long as I can lose weight faster. I'm more interested in whether or not I actually have to have upperbody fitness to look good in suits, because I only want to bike.

Either get a custom measured suit or at the very least get a used one and heavily tailor it. Otherwise you will look like a manchild trying to look mature. If you wear nice shoes then pay someone to polish them.

no they aren't, very different cuts, just look at those dainty lapels. ties were also much slimmer and with simpler designs in the sixties. sixties suit pants were usually flat fronted, like don's, also the suits in mad men look like proper wool, reviewbrah's are cheap poly blends

>sixties suit pants were usually flat fronted, like don's, also the suits in mad men look like proper wool, reviewbrah's are cheap poly blends
I think I already mentioned that by saying the suits are obviously of higher quality and better fitting. Copy and paste this this link to see him model various suits. youtu.be/aL0O8UC72O4
Unless there's a very subtle difference in deisgn I'm not seeing, there only difference between his suits of the same style and the ones on Mad Men are the ties and that obviously these suits fit him quite poorly, unless larger, ill-fitting suits were a style of the 90s.
>ties were also much slimmer and with simpler designs in the sixties.
This is true, though.

>Otherwise you will look like a manchild trying to look mature.
Would you call Reviewbrah this?

Well first the lapels were smaller, double breasted especially in 6x1configuration were rare in the 60s. 80s generally suits had much lower button stance too. Also i would guess the arm holes would be higher in a 60s suits because they were meant to be worn daily, 80s and 90s cheap suits usually have very low arm holes

>Well first the lapels were smaller
Correct.
>double breasted especially in 6x1configuration were rare in the 60s.
Didn't Roger Sterling wear them a lot on the show, or were they slightly different?
>Also i would guess the arm holes would be higher in a 60s suits because they were meant to be worn daily, 80s and 90s cheap suits usually have very low arm holes
I was completely unaware of this aspect and I can now easily see why a suit with high arm holes, (assuming it's of the right measurements), would give the impression of being better fitting.

>i dont care about how much muscle i lose

You should. Why wouldnt you care

Because for one, I'm not convince that a lot of muscle is actually lost even if I rapidly lose fat. Eventually, I'm going to get to a starvation diet, in which all the evidence that I've seen suggests which result in minimal muscle loss.

>Didn't Roger Sterling wear them a lot on the show, or were they slightly different?
He's wearing 6x2 suit. Double breasted suits were still much more rare in the 60s than 80s,when they were influnced by the 30-50s suit styles. 6x1 means the kind of suit, like in the background of op's pic, with a deep plunging neckline and with only the lowest button fastened. This was quite a rare style until the 80s

Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer, faggot.

I guess I don't know shit about suits. The differences between button styles I now see as important, but I'm probably only going to stick to single-breasted suits.

I think I can handle it, I just disagree with one of the premises behind it.

That hurts OP.
That really hurts.

Fatty wants quick results! Ironic.

> high waisted suits
> worn with thin 2 finger width belt of full grain leather (belts are sexy on high waisted suits)
>pleats are your friend
> taper that leg
> trousers should always (!) have a lining
> vests with winter suits please
> avoid suspenders, they are for cads and workwear fags (unless that's your thing)
> be aware of tones--don't wear a cool dark charcoal with a light warm brown shoe/ tie/ whatever
> looks from pic like you have warm undertones (could just be lighting), but if so so pick shades with warmer tones.
> ok you're big now so big ties big patterns big lapels, i get it. but when you're fit, shrink all that shit.

when shopping, repeat after me: fit around the arm holes. does it fit the shoulders and the arm holes? pretty much everything else can be tailored.

ty for staying hydrated. please eat more dark leafy greens.

oh and no fedoras ever.

>vests with winter suits please
>avoid suspenders
I would say wear suspenders with vests, they're hidden with a vest anyway. can't really see belts working with vests.

you got no good taste if you like how he dresses. as it has been said before, they are quite unflattering.

they give everything a dour ass impression.
where is the grace with that?

Because the suits or ill-fitting, or something else?

Yes.
Find a more modern-style suit of good quality and get it tailored. Something might look good to you but wearing it will make you look like a tard.
I kinda like the look of fedoras but I'd never wear them because of the retards you're associated with if you wear them.

Wow, didn't realize Jon Hamm was a fictional person. Too bad nobody really looks like that in a suit.

You seem to be missing the point that 90's suits were intentionally baggy and ill-fitting. His style of suit is baggy and ill fitting. You don't want his style. You want 50's or 60's style. Mad Men style. Like every fucking person in this thread is telling you.

>/tv/ poster has no eye for aesthetics
imagine my shock

You're actually a retard that doesn't want to listen to any proper advice. Go back to /tv/ where you belong and don't come back to Veeky Forums again and also stay away from Veeky Forums too we don't want you there either.

>I kinda like the look of fedoras but I'd never wear them
Wow, that's terrible taste. I have less respect now for Veeky Forums if they are remotely tolerated here.

Well, you're being a smart ass, but I guess I wasn't being clear. I mean a person who wears old-fashioned suits and isn't portraying a character.

>You seem to be missing the point that 90's suits were intentionally baggy and ill-fitting
I'm not sure if anyone came out said that, though they pointed out differences between 90s-style suits, and today.
>You want 50's or 60's style. Mad Men style.
Agreed, I just didn't know if it was the fact that they were ill-fitting, or that was their stytle.

Okay. I am take advice, I just don't think it's important to workout in order to maintain muscle during a diet.