Lets talk Sneaker logos

If adidas started in today's age, would this 3stripe shit really work?

Adidas logo is probably one of the most unoriginal, uninspired logos in the sneaker game.

Really? 3-stripes?
>It's iconic

It's only iconic because of how long the brand has been around, you can't deny how shit and unprofessional this logo is.

Nike on the other hand has a beautiful logo that blends with the sneaker and can be uniform with various shoes seemlessly

What do you guys think

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QiFBgtgUtfw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>unprofessional logo

you clearly don't know what a logo is.

Adidas actually bought the three stripe logo trademark from karhu

>The three stripes were so bad in the beginning they had to couple it in with other icons.

Yeah sure buddy.

Even worst, it shows a lack of creativity and a lack of care for their brand since they were so unoriginal they needed to BUY a damn logo.

Meanwhile Nike, Jordan, Puma, New Balance, Vans etc made their logo and has a history of good work behind it

If a new sneaker brand can out today with a logo you'd call it trash, the only reason you're defending adidas is cause of how old they are champ

>Arguing hypotheticals like it matters

A thread died for this.

>Look at me with my obvious Everyone else attitude

Go be the "wisest person" somewhere else dumbass you're on Veeky Forums.

Using setting to justify pumping out a shit thread with low effort "discussion" and "argument".

Who are you talking to?

Was that just a blatant statement, just get out. If you don't want to talk about logos leave clown

Are you having a bad day

>Nike - literally a check mark
>New balance - the letter N
>Puma - a cat
>Vans - a single stripe
>Adidias - three stripes
>K-swiss

What is it about every other sneaker brand "logo" that makes adidas' "logo" seem shit and unprofessional or worth discussing in general ?

>K-swiss - 5 stripes*

youtube.com/watch?v=QiFBgtgUtfw

Nike - A logo inspired by Greek God Nike and it's wings.

Puma- A cat embodying power, althetics and ability

Vans - A skateboard. Made by the founders family in the era of hardcore skating and what the brand core values are

New Balance- A simplified letter that has been on all their products to differentiate them and show people they are new in arch support

kswiss- 5 stripes based on tennis and the founders love of 5 as a number to which they didn't have to buy the logo for.

Adidas logo isn't good because its backstory is lackluster and it's history is filled with a shit measure of having to not only buy it but promote it with various logo incarnations.

Adidas only recently got popular outside of the 80s because of the boost technology which even then they didn't make nor own. They bought their logo and stole boost from puma.

The 3 stripes, 3 bars and swoosh are basically everything you'd strive for with branding and logos, especially for apparel companies that need to be able to incorporate blatant branding into product design.

Sometimes the simplicity of a design belies how refined and genius it is.

Also, having good design doesn't destine a logo to be iconic. It still has to be implemented strategically be the owners. It's Adidas and Nike's amazing marketing and design incorporation of their logos that have made those images iconic.

t. not even a sneakerhead. just find the history and psychology of design fascinating

It's not a logo, it's a motif that's highly recognizable and easily applicable to all sorts of designs. Adidas 3 stripe branding is genius honestly.

>Nike on the other hand has a beautiful logo
I really don't think you would like the swoosh that much if it wasn't associated with Nike.

>blends with the sneaker and can be uniform with various shoes seemlessly
That's exactly what Adidas does with it's stripes, arguably better since they can be applied in so many different contexts and still bring brand recognition.

Basically to summarize you two, you're saying that because of how "simplified" it is, it's easier for a dumbass consumer to know the brand itself. Basically tricking people is what you guys are advocating for.

So three parallel bars is somehow "genius" because people can remember it? People remember Converse and their logo is iconic and more complex.

People in today's age seem to think "simplified" is great when it isn't. It shows a lack of creativity, goal and ambition of the company and comes off as unprofessional and a spoof branding.

Nike's logo is far more creative and professional mainly because of it's shape and it's wings design as opposed to three chocolate bars.

t. autism

Imagine going this far to prove your own retarded pointless argument

>So three parallel bars is somehow "genius" because people can remember it?

No, it's because it can be applied to so many different products in so many different ways and still create brand recognition. It does exactly what branding is meant to do. Pretty much every other company is stuck slapping their logo somewhere on a product, adidas is lucky because they can actually just integrate the branding into the design.

I think that you don't know anything about design lmfao.

What the hell? So let me get his straight other companies with more complex logos can't logically and strategically slap their logo onto a product and have it work out? What has been every Under Armor and Nike been doing for the past 20 years then? How the heck can you say that when it is possible for any brand to aesthetically lock in their logo into their product design for better looks.

Adidas does it worse cause because of their over simplified design they are more subsectible to fakes and easier to copy by 3rd parties.

Then you don't get an opinion .

Yep, you're retarded.

Ooo nice insult from a digital device. Get back on topic or leave

Wow you sure showed everyone. All the high up employees at adidas are now devastated because of your opinion.
Everyone at every other brand you named are naming you as honorary vice president of their companies. Brand loyalty and hatred over logos is literally the most important thing I can think of, and I'm not even in middle school. Well done you.

Thank you anti-adidas shill.

You're doing fine sweetie, keep arguing, i'm sure you will impress the big boys of /effay/

good thread as always

I bet you wear adidas sneakers cause of their three bar bullshit, get lost and take your sarcasm over the internet with you.

News flash it works better in person, but I wouldn't be caught did being with a close who can't dress like you

I could argue with you about how you don't have a clue about what good design is, but I won't waste my time with such an elaborate reply.

I however, feel legitimately sad for your pathetic existence, for which I'll leave a reply to your post and hope it helps you feel a bit better in life.

Btw no, I don't own adidas products.