Balding general

old thread share your routine, your current status/progress, ask questions, be nice.

I am on fine but not sure if it really helps. Not sure if the side effects I think I feel (if they are real or just invention of my worried mind) really worth the effects of the medication. I can't say I observe a regrowth but still I think my hair kinda stop falling, which is good.
Another thing, I shaved my head this summer and the result was quite good, so I am slowly considerating to quite fine and just accept it...

I hope you baldies also took the opportunity to shave or buzz this summer, I definitely recommand

Must be a real shame for people who can easily afford great, convincing hair plugs, but can't actually have them because they've balded too much, and can't reverse it without appearing vain.

ive slowed mine down just by only shampooing every other day and taking lukewarm showers/turn down the temp when you are showering your scalp. i hope someone comes up with a cure for receding hairline soon, im dealing with this bullshit at 21. age?

I've been visibly balding for about 4 years now. My hairline hasn't receded that much but it got super thin on top and especially at the crown, so everything longer than a few millimeters looks stupid.

I just keep it buzzed at 3mm, might have to go shorter if it gets worse but for now 3mm is fine. No way I'm fucking around with those meds just to desperately try and hold on to what's clearly a lost cause. I'd be lying if I said I don't care, obviously I'd rather have the option of being able to choose any hairstyle I want, but buzzcuts look pretty good on me and I'm in my 30s anyway so it's not that big a deal.

November, 2016 / September, 2017. 20 years old, 8 months on fin (1 mg per day) and minoxidil (2 applications per day).

sware this thing is a life saver. Its completely slowed my loss and got rid of the itchy scalp i had. Hairs also thicker than usual. I use it once or twice a week and i dont feel like im even balding anymore. My hairloss wasnt aggressive to begin with but i love this thing. cheap as dirt too

Interesting, I'll get one this weekend and test it out. Thanks for this tho

Finasteride is cheap as fuck and should significantly improve anyone's condition. I'm tired as fuck as seeing men bitch about balding when it exists.
>b-b-but prostate cancer
Enjoying being insecure.

thats not the only side effect. Many people get the brain fog and general fatigue. some people get depressed too. its not an easy decision for everyone to mess with your hormones, which are a major part of what literally makes you you

still have all my hair but this is my plan for when i start to lose it. shave it off, grow a stache, bulk up, get some cool shades. ive been a twink my whole life so it'll be refreshing to change it up.

you get it user, rock short hair until you have any baldness on the top then go full bald and own it.

all this pseudoscience snake oil shit aint gonna stop you from being bald - you can't fight genetics and anyone who tries to argue you can is in denial

I wouldn't mind if this happens in my 40's but damn at 21 no man should suffer this.

30 something, slow bald (small crown spot, receeding widows peak. I just don't care. I keep my hair cut to complement, don't fall into the trappings of combovers, and just accept that that is my age.

i dont get why he doesnt shave his head, for real you can picture him without hair and he would look alot better, he has a good head shape for being bald.
for real tho just keep your hair short and once you hit like a norwood 3 or higher just shave it if youre balding.
grow a beard/stuble if you have full facial hair

running a trimmer w/ no gaurd over your head once or twice a week probably takes less time then styling your hair everyday

Is this a complete alternative to nizoral?

I've heard people mention it on tressless too and am wondering if it's just the same etsy seller shilling it everywhere.

its a great natural alternative imo. and no im not a shill, ive seen it on tresslees too. nizoral worked too but not as good as this. the itching is completely gone now and i havnt shed in a while. Its worth a try for only like $4. Smells a little "herbal" but i dont mind it

Why does no one ever mention military brushes?

I mean it doesn't provide enough stimulation to have an affect on hairloss but it's an absolute lifesaver if you have dandruff and or use stuff like niz that makes your hair look like shit. Been using this for only 2 days and I don't remember the last time my hair looked and felt this good

what's the difference between this and a normal bore bristle brush?

probably just the shape and higher density of bristles, more ideal for getting straight to the scalp.

Kent in particular is high quality. Here's one of the same model from an amazon review that lasted the guy 55 years.

i'm 18 and i'm already balding my dudes. i started taking minoxidil but obviously i can't keep taking it my whole life so i'm planning on leaving it when it's more and less acceptable being bald, what to do think is the ideal age?

if you bald before 18 its really bad
before 22 still sucks
before 26 is sooner than average
after 30 it doesnt matter unless you are trying to be an actor in non-action films

Minoxidil can be used for life

More like Cope general

>Started balding at 18
>Almost completely bald at 22

Feels bad man

Gentiles bald the earliest

Are you sure it isn't just 'maturing'?

you look like if thom yorke shaved his entire beard but his moustache

fuck you guys, I'm 19 and balding like a motherfucker. its so fucking depressing that ive given up on looking presentable at all, i dress like shit and stopped eating (i used to lift and have a nice build, now im just skinny).

gods have literally stricken me guys, I'm short, bald, ugly, and anxious/retarded. treasure what you have and be glad you have it

I got the sample bar of this. It makes you smell like lemongrass/weeds. good ingredients tho. Didn't make my hair feel as good as olive oil shampoo or Shea Moisture products.

Honestly I'm really close to just making my own shampoo for cheap. mix some shit like biotin/argon/kelp/keratin/aloe/coconut/castor/peppermint oil all together. Apparently all of them help in some way

21 years old, first noticed balding at age 19. Rapid thinning, probably a NW3 at this point. Crown is starting to go but not visible yet.
I tried finasteride back in February but quit after I couldn’t get an erection after taking the pill for a week or so. Didn’t want to fuck up my hormones any longer and was worried even worse symptoms could arise.
I’ll probably shave next summer. Gonna try bulking up until then.
It’s a shitty feeling that I barely got to enjoy my hair in my adult years, and I still can’t even grow a decent beard. Basically accepted that I’ll be alone in my twenties.

thanks you just made me feel way better
rogaine doesn't work?

Can I still aim for anime haircut if I have a receding hairline?

either shave or get hair transplant
half-way measures look the worst
t.balding at 24 and shaving user

I have some thinning on the front, does that mean I'm definitely bound to lose all the hair on that part, or can it stay like this for a long time? If I'm losing it, will it happen fast?

He needs to and I would respect him for doing it.

dude this is like barely balding. and his hair still looks great.not everyone has a perfectly straight low hairline

... are you dump? Thats Jude Law(the guy in OP's pic) pre-hairloss.

I agree, he should go for the reconstruction. He could afford that stem cell treatment thing where they grow the hairs for him, so he wouldnt need donors taken from the back.

yall fuckers are pathetic. if you can't stand it just shave it all you pussy fuck. if you want to keep it, it might give you more character or whatever

man you all act like it's the end of the world or something, fucking faggots. i'm thinning on the crown and i don't give a fuck, i still fuck bitches, nothing has changed, no one cares and if they do, you wouldn't want them in your life anyways.

Daily reminder that your gens come 50% from father 50% from mother, so even if your father is bald you still have a chance to avoid part of the damage thanks to your mother's dad.

when will tsuji save us lads?

I'm so sorry about that user, don't give up hope though! There's is always a look or style out there that could suit you very well, you just gotta keep looking.

that must be pretty fucking painfull, getting your head stabbed thousands and thousands of times

All you young dudes need to take the effort and money you would waste on trying to halt balding need to divert those resources to fitness.
Hit the gym hard, get used to weighted pull-ups and just buzz or bic your head. Become that big dude not the bald dude.

30 sounds early bro. 40-50 is the range

An age quickest. Think its the drinkin an smokin culture. Like slavs like vodka south likes wine north west like beer n whiskey.

How long have you been on Fin and are you doing Minoxidil along with it?

If you feel ok with being bald then I would just quit the Fin. The side-effects are nasty and permanent if they hit you.

Yeah, if I was in my 30's I wouldn't really care much. But I'm 23... big difference.

What exactly does Niz do to your hair looks wise? Dry it out real bad?

>appearing vain

He's an actor. Actors are basically models of sorts. His career revolves around his looks. What difference does it make to him if some people think he appears vain. I honestly can't understand why he hasn't done anything about it.

Buzzed it, ordered fin, I hope I actually get it cause I'm too scared to ask a doctor for a prescription for something this dumb, should be arriving in a month tops. You think this is salvageable? I used to have a straight hairline. 21 atm.

your head looks fine, let it go, start lifting, make your shoulders bigger, do neck exercises

30 still early but people don't care

He was such a handsome guy when he was young, damn.

Good head shape on top. Would keep it buzzed desu unless your jaw is horrendous

You guys have been gaslit. Male Pattern Baldness usually starts "early."
Actors use wigs and baldness retardants until they become less bankable or stop giving a fuck. That's why they bald when you think it's supposed to happen.

45 here. Starting thinning a bit on top this year. Shut sucks

Why does he "need" to. He's balding, but he looks fine now. Who cares?

shut the fuck up dude. You got 20 more years of hair than most of the other anons in this thread, myself included.

Y'all think you have it bad? Just look at the reflection on the ceiling.

Currently on bicalutamide n estradiol, goin good

It's OK, bro

I know, I'm just a bit jealous of 50 year old dudes with perfect hairline and crown.
But thankfully I have my life together at this point, have gf, a job, go to uni, and gym, so I don't really care.

Anyone know if using antidepressants can cause hair loss/thinning? I was on Venlafaxine for 6~ months and noticed my hair thinning slightly at the start. Then it seemed a lot worse once the dose was increased. Just from googling it seems like a few other people have reported similar hair loss.

I'm just wondering whether its worth waiting to see if its MPB or just the medication. Would it be worth just going on minoxidil to be safe?

Yes, it is possible, but who knows what it is in your case.

So the most fa thing to do is buzz if you can still pull it off,

and muted dark colours is the way to go?

Depression and anxiety can cause hair loss

So what's you guys' opinion on hair plugs on regular guys?
I've been saving up for the procedure since I've been at a good job.
Is the procedure good enough nowadays?
What happens to the rest of your hairline behind the plugs?

And also, how does it come off to other people when you show up and you clearly have had some work done on your hair?

I would rock the buzz but it doesn't work on my head shape. Too big.

Been taking fin for around 5 months. Literally only side is slightly watery cum. Erections are same strength as ever. Haven't lost a single hair in at least 3 months, whereas I used to have a handful if i tan my hand through my hair.

IF YOU ARE BALDING AND DON'T WANT TO BE START TAKING FIN YOU LITERAL RETARDS.

it won't effect your libido or sexual ability unless you were already a low-test beta to begin with in which case you've already lost no matter what you do.

But is it possible to regrow hair lost by depression/anxiety/stress?

I knew a girl that lost hair when her dad died, she did recover it but it took a whole year.

women are so weak...

>without appearing vain
Who gives a shit?
I would rather look good and be considered vain than look bad and be considered humble.

It's the same with plastic surgery, I've heard of people who WANT to do it but are afraid their friends/family will give them shit for it. Who cares? If you want to do it and you think it will make you feel and look better, go for it.

Same goes for growing your hair out as a male, or stuff like that.

Just go for a hair transplant, idk how much more expensive it is but it's definitely less noticeable.

"fucking bitches" isn't even that hard, especially if you have low standards.

I want lots of girls lusting after me because I'm a vain narcissistic appearance-obsessed piece of shit and I can't stand being fucked over by genetics.

Also, get the fuck out of Veeky Forums please

You call this balding?

who are you lying to you fat motherfucker

I noticed following considering hair genetics

Type 1
>full hair into their 90s
>full beard growth
>just going grey

Type 2
>going bald early
>full beard growth

Type 3
>going bald early
>shitty beard

Type 3
>full hair into their 90s
>shit beard growth

Guess what type i got from this fucking cruel universe?

>that feeling of envy when someone has a full, straight hairline all the way down their forehead, an inch above their eyebrows

god FUCKING damnit i hate thinning hair. It's long, too, and I don't want to get rid of it because it can look good in the right settings, but absolutely terrible 70% of the rest of the time

me too bro
outsidercore with dark colors, shaved/buzzed

>straight hairline all the way down their forehead, an inch above their eyebrows
But that's a monkey forehead, you don't want that

Guys, c'mon.
None of this shit works.
You're buying a band aid for your insecurity. If this stuff was real, there would be no bald rich men.
The only good advice going around this issue in the thread is to get fit.

What are you talking about?
There are plenty of examples of rich guys who got a great head of hair after transplants.
Just check out Matthew Mcconaughey.

The ones that are bad are the ones that did it when the practice was just in its infancy.

no idea mate, but this was me two years ago, you tell me

finasteride and minoxidil are proven to work, it just tends to not be worth the hassle. but it does work.

Are you hairlets extra careful with the towel when drying your hair after washing it?

Any side effects from the fin?

Went full on bald and my confidence has skyrocketed balding friend please just shave, its the best thing ive ever done,

t, guy that had 2 feet of hair

not at all, my dick is fine, I got a little fatter, ain't sure if it's a side effect from the fin/minox

Yeah man, I'm type 3 too, FUCKING SHIT

Using genetics as an excuse isn't very Veeky Forums is it? I thought it was all about working with what you have. Even if you don't feel confident in the way you look, strut as if you do. That is what makes people attractive. That is what makes people lust after you even if you AREN'T their type. Trust me, I'm female and I've felt genuine attraction to lots of people society would deem unattractive just because how their confidence. Perfect looks matter much less to women than you would think.

>If this stuff was real, there would be no bald rich men.
Have you considered, user, that the rich men who are bald choose to go bald, and the non-bald ones just manage to keep people from knowing their secret because they can afford it.

>Perfect looks matter much less to women than you would think.

I'm gay and my thinning hair is absolutely killing me. There's this hedonist stereotype among the gay community, also the dangerous thought that you are competing against women, so losing hair is pretty much a death sentence to me. I don't give an absolute fuck about the shave and Veeky Forums meme on these threads, I'd feel like I'd be a completely different person if I did that.

sure

Good choice, now lose weight and trim beard.

mashallah

Im givin you the benefit of doubt and assume you really are a woman. Even ignoring the retarded notion that girls don't care about looks, your opinion on attractiveness is just that of one single individual: i've met girls who won't date bald guys cause they look "old" or "creepy", and even those who didnt care much confessed that an already attractive but balding/bald guy would look more attractive with hair

Mine did this at the same sage, it's been the same for a decade. It's just the loss of the adolescent hairline.

Been on fin and laser hair treatments for about 4/5 months, only noticeable effect so far is that I'm less stressed about it.

Got bad dick pains so im only taking fin every other day now. Still affecting my jizz so im assuming its still working, feel like it might not be worth it? What are anons thoughts

Looks like your balding loves you