Basic Hipster Brown Belt

Hey Veeky Forums, I know this is a meme, but I want one. It goes nicely with some boots I have. Can't seem to find a nice, quality brown leather belt that isn/t $100

Where to cop a nice brown leather belt, preferably with snaps to change belt buckle, and perhaps comes with a nice square buckle for under $50?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B00737I7L2/ref=od_aui_detailpages00
braveleather.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Flat Head
Hollows Leather
Iron Heart
Studio D’Artisan

I have a few belts from corter leather that should arrive in a day or two. Full grain leather, replaceable buckle (I think with Chicago screws, not buttons, more durable and almost as easy to swap buckles). If this thread is up and I remember I'll post some pics and first impressions

Thanks for the links, some great stuff. Unfortunately, most of those belts are $150-$200! Fucking outrageous for a basic, brown leather belt!

Please do! I took a look at them, belt looks good at a reasonable price. I'm curious what the brown looks like in the context of an outfit

I've had a Dickies one for about 10 years and it's done it's job well. Oil it every

Second. I bought this one about a year ago: amazon.com/gp/product/B00737I7L2/ref=od_aui_detailpages00

I like it a lot. It has screws so you can change the buckle, too.

got a cheap leather belt from old navy for 15$
it was for some extra large fatass so on clearance
went to the cobbler shortened it for 2$ more

it's genuine leather too, not shitty bonded shit

OP here. That's clever, will consider for sure. How does one know what's bonded vs real leather?

i've had the same cheap ass one from walmart for years

>tfw FedEx says the package is here but my school mailroom hasn't processed it yet
I'll post pics tomorrow though

Genuine means "contains real leather." It's the same as saying a McDonald's burger is "made with 100% beef." Some genuine leather is decent quality, just filled in or finished with extra shit, some is 90% plastic. Full grain leather is a guaranteed full piece of leather.

you can get some genuine leather brown leather belts at tj maxx. i am not so sure about the quality of each and every one of them, but i would get the timberland or diesel belts when they have them. those are some really thick, cowhide leather belts. they will last you forever, quite fitting for brands that pride themselves on their rugged style

look up orion leather.

This is a fair point though you can tell plastic by touch and I've had cheap genuine leather feel just as good and age just as well compared to a 100$ real leather belt. In belts in particular, the term bonded leather is more an indicator of bad quality for me than genuine leather has been.
Leather will conform itself to your body so it will take a curve after a few wearing.
Bonded leather is a thin strip of leather glued to a strip of plastic. The plastic is not breathable, doesn't conform to your body, and eventually will separate from the leather top. You also can't use your belt to strop your knife.

Fossil belts are decent and easy to find at most department stores

I don't see why a Levi's belt wouldn't do the trick. The only thing annoying is they sometimes have a big label and or that they are made in china. Otherwise mine is a nice thick full-grain brown leather belt that just needs a bit of leather conditioner once in a while and it should last.

OP here, the reason I started this thread is because it's such an obvious meme where I live (Oakland, CA) to see all the 'cool kids' with black jeans, brown boots and brown belts. And the belts have a specific look to them.

As obvious as many of these answers are (Levis, Dickies, various leather shops), I've had a hard time finding something that seems like "it" in town. Obviously I'm looking in all the wrong places.

Also, I have some dope belt buckles to sport and so I want it with a removable buckle, which many cheap belts don't allow.

So thanks all for your posts. It's quite helpful!

>Trying to buy a black leather dress belt
>All department store ones are either seriously overpriced or bonded trash with internal filler

Sorry for the slight derail op, but does anyone have suggestions? It doesn't have to be fancy, just not total crap

>belt colours are memes now

what are you a child or something

that was easy ;)

>i'm happy about lowering the bar of discourse
really activates my almonds

>brown leather belt
>hipster
>meme
do you have brain damage?

Internet
I bought one frome brave leather braveleather.com/
But you can buy from whichever brand from your country, just Google it

>braveleather.com/

OP here. Fuuuuuuhk. These are more than I want to spend, but there are so many amazing belts on this site!

Most plebs either don't wear a belt or wear some black bargain bin shit for their office drone work.

>brown belts are memes
When you find that perfect belt, do yourself a favor and use it as a noose.

So what is it that really rustles your jimmies so easily?

I said that it's a meme in my city, which it is. It's a uniform of a certain type of fashion. The same way there are uniforms of so many other types. Now, it's entirely possible that the look I'm talking about is not the same for similar types of people wherever you live. But here, it's a thing. I understand that something as simple as a basic brown belt is so classic, so ubiquitous and common that there's no rationale for calling it a meme or hipster, or whatever. But yes, it's a thing here. Black Jeans, Weathered looking brown belt (usually with a brass square buckle), and some sort of brown boots. It's everywhere. Excuse me for naming what I see. All I did was describe what I saw to the best of my ability. Your panties getting in a twist is your issue. Thanks for the help to those that were actually cool.

this is why brainlets shouldnt be allowed to post

this is what people say when they have nothing relevant to say. Meta criticism & shitposting is the easy way out, user

It sounds for all the world that you said something stupid and are now trying to justify it instead of just coping to fact you're a moron.

>engaging in actual conversation with a manchild who thinks that brown belts are a meme

just get a fucking levis belt

Are there any other essential colors that every man needs in his belt selection, other than black and basic brown?

Belts finally came in. These are the black, natural, and red latigo belts from Corter. The first thing I noticed was that they're fucking thicc. Pretty stiff currently. The leather is visibly high quality, no scratches or blemishes but just enough subtle texture to let you know immediately that it's not plastic. But again I really can't overstate how thick and firm they are, this is probably the sturdiest belt you can get for $50.

I'm not the biggest fan of the buckles, but the actual belt looks pretty good. I've actually been debating making my own belts

wow, basic thing is popular to wear hence hipster meme, lmao