Sunglasses thread

Post and discuss effay and meme sunglasses.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?biw=1536&bih=722&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=inuit snow glasses&oq=inuit snow glasses&gs_l=psy-ab.12...0.0.0.2349.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1..64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.jY1htdrNRAY
etsy.com/listing/152445752/60s-courreges-rare-eskimo-lunettes
ijaak.com/shop/
etsy.com/listing/547027562/vintage-60s-polaroid-black-rectangle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bought these not too long ago. I always thought of them as universally flattering, but whenever i go to wear them i end up choosing my clubmasters instead because i dont think the cat eye flatters my face shape as much hnnnnnnng

Are there any decent pairs in the $40-$60 range? Fuck it seems like the only way to get mirrored aviators is to shell out $160+

Why have these made a comeback? They are fuck ugly and memey. I guess it's ironic for the most part? People can't seriously be wearing these because they think they look good, right?

Hipsters probably. Wearing them ironically perhaps?

Why are Ray Bans and the like so expensive? What makes their lenses so great?

where can i cop these? i am not joking or being ironic i sincerely like them and want to wear them

Closest I could find...

They're called "Eskimo Snow Glasses" or "Inuit Snow Glasses"
google.com/search?biw=1536&bih=722&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=inuit snow glasses&oq=inuit snow glasses&gs_l=psy-ab.12...0.0.0.2349.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1..64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.jY1htdrNRAY

There's some on Pinterest for $685
etsy.com/listing/152445752/60s-courreges-rare-eskimo-lunettes

An Italian fashion corporation bought them and most of the other sunglasses brands you know, they're all made in the same factory. The factory is even designed in such a way that any production line can quickly switch to be the production line of any brand.

Ijaak Eyewear has them...
ijaak.com/shop/

>chop suey
thank you for responding but i dont think its very funny to be racist against italians

Yeah I know all about that, fucking figures. So I guess the answer is that there isn’t anything special. Know of any no name or “lesser” brands that end up being the same thing?

my daily wear

Not necessarily. I work at Sunglass Hut, so I've seen a pretty massive range of brands going from cheap all the way up to like $600-ish.

The cheap brands are, inevitably, wayyy shittier than your Ray-bans, for example. You're paying like $150 less, and it feels like it too.

Are sunnies overpriced? Yep. Are the cheap options the same quality as the overpriced ones? Nop

>Are sunnies overpriced? Yep. Are the cheap options the same quality as the overpriced ones? Nop

thanks for the info, what would be your recommendation for mirrored aviators? I can pull them off, I just can't pay for them kek

Fucking sunglass hut user at it again, just trip already

I've never posted before. Kooky, innit, how there could be multiple different people employed by an business that exists internationally

how's the pay? could I get a part time job there? what about employee discounts?

Depends on how much you're willing to spend, and if you give a shit about them being polarised or not.

By far the best mirrored aviators are by Prada Redline (or Sport, or Linea Rossa or whatever the fuck you want to call them). They're pricy as fuck though.

Slightly more budget you'd be looking at Ray-bans. Significantly cheaper if you go for non-polarised, but I wouldn't do that personally.

Past that, you're getting into cheap shit territory. I think Vogue had some semi-decent ones a while back, but they might've been discontinued.

ID? want v v much

Ah guess I should have clarified that I'm a guy, unless that doesn't matter? I'm so new to eyewear it's not even funny. Thanks for your replies though, very useful, shocking on Veeky Forums desu

Pay's normal for retail, plus commission. Hard as fuck to get a job there, though, I was just really lucky in that I walked in with a resume as two of their staff had resigned unexpectedly.

No employee discount, but I do get a $600 yearly product allowance, which is pretty cool.

I thought you were a guy, but I wasn't sure. It doesn't particularly matter, really, but brands do market towards men and women. Vogue, for example, markets HEAVY towards women, but some of their stuff (that doesn't have tacky bling and shit on it) looks pretty good on guys.

Also check out Polo - they're middle of the range price and quality, and have some interesting mirrored shapes out atm

damn alright, well yeah I have a full time job already, salaried, but don't really have a great social life and have been thinking about a side job just for extra cash and maybe in store discounts. guess it couldn't hurt just to try anyway

will do, what do you mean middle range of price range though? what would be high, middle, and low ranges?

Ha there's this other fagoot that also needs to tell everyone he works at sunglass hut

>telling people you work for a sunglasses shop
>in a sunglasses thread

boy i wonder why I did that, ya fuckhead

Australian, so take with a grain of salt.

>High: $350+
>Middle: $250+
>Low: $120+

I think it started off ironic, but after fans of the underground rap scene saw some of their favorite artists wearing them it started to come back. I know FTP put out some sunglasses exactly like that and Scrim from $uicideboy$ was wearing it not too long ago.

My pair of Dior shades

Anyone know w2c similar on a budget? Acne George

Just got these today, the lenses and frame are much darker in person.

Too bad they don't make these polarized.

w2c
etsy sold out :(

So after some research it appears that they're called mod or beatnik sunglasses. Hope this helps.

Here man i found you a similar pair. etsy.com/listing/547027562/vintage-60s-polaroid-black-rectangle