Talk me out of wearing a cowboy hat

Talk me out of wearing a cowboy hat.

Other urls found in this thread:

mrporter.com/en-se/mens/designers/kingsman/statesman
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hell no

Don't do it.

this should do it: mrporter.com/en-se/mens/designers/kingsman/statesman

Hell no meaning you won't talk me out of it and therefore I should do it? Or hell no as in hell no, don't wear it?

I really, really, really like this image.

Do it OP. Let's bring back cowboy style (the cool Western movie ones, not rodeo king)

What about ponchos? Is there a cool way to wear a poncho?

giving this thread a bump exclusively for the OP picture

Unless you're a Southwesterner or a Texan it's cultural appropriation.

Do it. I'd like to laugh at you.

do it just to piss off the underage minimalist streetwear cucks that litter this board

That dog looks fucking dope. What's stopping you from looking as sick as that dog brobro.

Be born a cancer rising, like me. Or a scorpio rising like, Clint Eastwood. Basically you need a gentle royal look or mysterious look to look good in a poncho.

when the picture is better than the thread.

Is there any hope?

My opinion is amateur-tier so definitely test the following with people you trust. Okay so patterns on a poncho are going to be your best friend. Most likely bright colored patterns since you have a youthful appearance. But you could get away with dull/faded colors if another piece of your outfit is vibrant-ish. If you want to wear a patternless single colored poncho, maybe try a poncho with ruffles/folds. What is your sun sign?

Part of me feels like you're talking out of your ass, but I've always liked horoscopes, and I do have a bit of a baby face, so you're not wrong so far. Brown hair and eyes, standard men's business cut hair, and a goatee with the moustache and beard not connected. I tend to wear mostly autumn colors, but I agree, I think a dark poncho would make me look like an edgelord and I should go brighter. How about some greens and tans, like a desert or steppe sunset sort of color scheme?

Well you get what you pay for, and my advice is free of charge. I'm a taurus sun and I love wearing green and tan aswell. Absolutely wear those colors. Wear bright colors that you love and give you confidence. You're going need all the confidence you can get wearing what many people see as a useless and pompous piece of clothing. I don't see any issues with your hair or facial hair (pun intended). What other clothes would you be wearing with the poncho? That is what could make or break the outfit.

>Is there any hope?
Not if you believe in astrology.

I actually have an outfit for cowboy action shooting. My main one is brown leather boots, black slacks, white long sleeve button up with a gray vest over it gray, straw cowboy hat. Sometimes a black coat with coattails over it. If I did a poncho, I'd probably keep it simple with cowboy boots, jeans, and white button up.

If you can put on a cowboy hat, look in a mirror, and have no doubt that you love how you look in it, then do it. Otherwise, maybe try a different risk.

Generally I'd say the same logic as above applies to a poncho, but the difference here is that the poncho in American culture is so specifically tied to Clint Eastwood that I think it'd be hard to wear one without looking similar to the guys who try to wear the jacket from Drive.

>Talk me out
now why in tarnation would i wanna do something like that?

Easy, Pete!

A little plain for my tastes, but I'm an absolute madman. Incase your wondering, I have no poncho (poorfag). If you get one, make a thread for it. Wait so you don't wear your western garb around females?

I just started competing in CAS, which actually requires an old west costume. I like the look so much that I want to start wearing it as my actual clothes and not just a costume, especially since if you take off the poncho and hat, it's pretty normal clothes. There are females at the events, but they're also in costume so it's not a good gauge for how crazy I'd look dressing like Clint Eastwood. Normally, I carry a SP101 revolver. Would that make the old west outfit seem more or less insane?

Anyway, a quick search brings up Gamboa ponchos, which are pretty much what I'm looking for. I'm not a huge fan of the alpaca design, but this is pretty close to what I was thinking. Any opinions on the look or anyone here have experience with the brand?

it would seem more insane, but in a kind of cool way

I think I'm okay with that, yeah.

I'm sorry, you are going to look ridiculous. There is no other way of putting it. Even if you have the confidence to go out people are still going to think you got out of some play or a movie. Not good

Got any recommendations for other ponchos, or is it just going to always look ridiculous?

yeehaw

I fucking hate pomeranians so goddamn much.

they hate you too, buddy.

This.

I say go for it. Doing literal Wild West cosplay is the one and only time wearing a poncho could be cooler than not wearing one. Just remember to keep it strictly on the range, partner.

Do it, they can be good, if you have a wellfit one, and especially if you're from the American Southwest, do it

Hi