Watch thread /wt/

Didn't see a watch thread here, so lets get one starting.

Post your watches, rate, ID watches etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/GIMTO-Men-Watches-Top-Brand-Luxury-Waterproof-Ultra-Thin-Date-Clock-Male-Steel-Strap-Casual-Quartz/32815453455.html
le-monde-edmond.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here's my pocket watch. It was my great grandfather's.

are these books all fantasy novels lmfao

Nice! How accurate is it? What's the power reserve? When was it last serviced?

why do these pasty altright faggots have such bad taste?

I'm hiding this /wt/ because the op looks like such cringey shit

Here's my DW, what do you think?

Tor?

Say that to his face you shitskins lmao

you do realize that would only prove his point right
i guess whiteys lack a brain

you've posted this once before, and everyone shit on you for owning a shitty Chinese meme watch. posting it again will NOT reap better results

hey man, i am just a sophisticated jew, i outsource fighting while i make more money than the dumb plebby goyim who complain about everything.

face it, if you had a rewarding career, had frequent sexual encounters with the opposite sex and had friends you would never concern yourself with this silly altright ''''''''''''''''philosophy'''''''''''''.

Bög?

You don't have to like what I like and you cannot stop me posting my WATCH on a WATCH thread.

Fucking wristlets never learn.

Why would you buy that piece of shit?

>Daniel Wellington

Why?

I was initially going to develop this into a series of troll posts about carrying a pocket watch and why they're superior to wrist watches and go full fedora, but I never was a good troll anyway.

I don't have any answers to your questions. I messed with it a bit before I really got into watches. It runs, but I've never checked the accuracy. I wound it regularly for a few weeks once, but I never made note of its full power reserve. And it probably hasn't been serviced in a long time. It was sitting on display at my grandpa's house for as I can remember, but I suspect it's been out of use long before that. I looked up the serial number once, and I think it's from 1918.

i'm a cheap fuck, i just want a chinkwatch that looks like an expensive watch for now. are there any guides to this? what should i look for/avoid? just browsing ebay there's old, beat up seikos for like 30 bucks, what's the hitch there? am i overthinking this? please help, my pebble steel's buttons are biting the dust after 10 months of use :(

Gimto

any particular lines/models to check out? i'm lost, and this place doesn't have good faqs for their generals like /g/ does :(

aliexpress.com/item/GIMTO-Men-Watches-Top-Brand-Luxury-Waterproof-Ultra-Thin-Date-Clock-Male-Steel-Strap-Casual-Quartz/32815453455.html

Check the blue one especially.
Also there is a chrono option, but the chrono has no minute counter.

the watches are all modeled on a feminine wrist as far as i can tell, does that mean they're geared towards women? does this matter? i really do appreciate the help, by the way

You trolling me brah?
It's a 40mm junghans copy.
The arm is just a plastic one used in dummies.

my B, looked at the wrong storefront. any watches without the logo? if there's nothing else of quality i'm down to clown but i'd prefer to go unmarked if possible

I know off DW copies mostly.

If I were you I would honestly just cop the gimto and be done with it, it has been featured on numerous "best of aliexpress" threads on WUS and it's all stainless steel.

alright man, gimto it is then. thanks for all the help, i owe ya one!

Opinions? Waiting for this rather rare Explorer homage in the mail. 170€ used, Miyota movement.

>watch thread
How about don't watch this mouthbreathing roid monkey.

Also i wear a fitbit because i can't find anything that looks better that also keeps track of my caloric expenditure. So for now, function > form.

The dial printing, the case, the hands, and the crown all look really cheap. I guess it looks like a 1016 Explorer from far away, but it also looks like it came in a cereal box so $200 used sounds like a rip-off. Looks chunky too, all the proportions aren't quite right. Is the crystal acrylic? Miyota 9015 or one of the older Miyotas?

The finishing is quite decent, maybe that pic doesn't do it justice. It's a Miyota 8125. According to many watch forums this is the best Rolex Explorer I available and also difficult to get since Zeno got sued by Rolex and they stopped the production. It plexiglas, yes, like the older (vintage) Explorer models, also the size is 36 mm which for me is a big plus.

I'm doing a small case study on watch design and i would love some feedback from you guys. its mostly related to digital watches but id appreciate any feedback.

>how long have you been wearing watches?
>what watch are you wearing right now?
>Why did you originally purchase this watch?
>What do you like most about this watch?
>What do you find difficult or unpleasant about this watch?
>Would you be more inclined to purchase a new watch based on the design or functionality of the watch?

since 2008 (15 years old)
Omega Genève cal.1012 from 1973
Because I always wanted a dressy watch from a non-shitter brand which I could afford as a student
It's deep blue dial
The lack of signed caseback, but that was typical in the 70s
>Would you be more inclined to purchase a new watch based on the design or functionality of the watch?
Both aspects are equally important, I just try to keep a decent collection that covers all segments (dressy, diver, field, chronograph...), being the only condition that they must be mechanical. I wouldn't mind a turning fork movement though.

forgot pic

very nice watch user and thanks for the feedback.

I wanna know who attacked the screws on that movement with a chisel, it looks like someone with improper tools serviced it once.
Otherwise it looks fine, even though it's not a very expensive movement. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the case was much more expensive than the movement, the crystal is in perfect condition it seems, and the case and chain also look very good.
Can you take picture of the markings on the caseback?

who is this cretin?

I'm wearing this with a bomber

just save up and get the real thing

I really like this, what's the model number?

>wearing a timepiece in 2017
>not just looking at the local bell tower

why

Snxj89 or 7s26-3110

I am a student and currently can't afford it, but as soon as I can I will get a real 1060 and will flip this one.

Not usually a fan of Omegas but it's nice

Which one should I choose?

The one on the left.

I've never seen an ugly Orient watch until today, now I've seen two

next level

well go on then, recommend one.

>Orient Bambino 1/2/3/4
>Orient Agent
>Orient Sun & Moon
there's 6, they're all pretty nice and in a sensible price range

I'd prefer something around 38mm diameter, these are all 40+

Where'd you get that Omega from, dude? You're 15.

Appaling logo I've always thought

Are you stupid? I said i got my first watch at 15 in fucking 2008, and it was a Seiko 5 btw.

Left. Open-hearts are dumb if there's no tourbillon.

170? You otherfucker, you. These things can go for 800 nowadays. You made a good deal. What the other user said about it looking a bit cheap is kinda true, but hey, for that money you really can't complain. There is no other explorer hommage that comes as close as the Zeno. Congrats!

The real thing starts at 8000 for a decent one. user got a steal with his watch.

Since I was 15 or so, that's ages ago
Some old Rado dresswatch I got off Ebay
It had a BoR bracelet that I actually wanted more than the watch itself, but it's a pretty ok watch
So yea, the bracelet
The lugs are very thin, I like befy lugs like on a 50's Seamaster
Both important, but aesthetics mean a lot to me. Any functionality you need is in a G-Shock basically, so I have one as well

omg, you so many moni.

SARB033, could this ever be a bad decision?

Are Seikos a good entry level watch for casual and formal wear, that will last me a long time for the money it costs?

Yes.
Yes, if you mind reflections.

Anyone know about Shinola? They sell ~$200 watches, I think they're a quartz movement so it might be a rip off. I've been to a store location and the watches look nice for how cheap they are, wondering if they're a total shit purchase.

all hail the glorious lion

>People pay more than twice as much for crusty beat up 1016s than they do for 14270s and 114270s in excellent condition which are improved in pretty much every single way
I still don't understand vintage Rolex collectors. I mean yeah, domed acrylic crystals are neat and all, but is this bubble ever going to pop?

Left or right?

Probably about five years now
I switch between a Hamilton Khaki King and a Seiko SARB017
For the Hamilton, I liked the history. It's a shame the got bought up by Swatch a long time ago, but oh well. As for the Seiko, I wanted a watch that was 20 Bar WR, and I hate the look of divers.
Hamilton: The day date I think looks fantastic. Seiko: That green dial of course, and the lume
Hamilton: 40mm looks just slightly too big for my wrists. Kinda bummed that most watch companies don't have much of a selection below that. Seiko: I guess the green dial doesn't go with everything, but that's fine
Of course. What else do you start a collection for?

Garbage tier. Made in the US, so that's cool, but you're still paying hundreds of bucks for a quartz movement. Half of them are ridiculously large (47mm, are you fucking kidding me?). I also didn't realize that they made bikes too until today, and those are ripoffs for what you're paying for them as well.

shhh, go to be inbred somewhere else.

Left.
I hope you didn't pay more than $10 for that.

>Garbage tier. Made in the US, so that's cool, but you're still paying hundreds of bucks for a quartz movement. Half of them are ridiculously large (47mm, are you fucking kidding me?). I also didn't realize that they made bikes too until today, and those are ripoffs for what you're paying for them as well.
Thanks mate I thought as much. I'll stick with Seiko 5s or a number of Orient watches when going for that price range.

I think both are quite nice but the seiko 23 (((Jew)))el is best

yes you Just described the seiko 5 series perfectly and why they are recommended to people

My style is casual/comfortable/mellow/sometimes vaguely Nippon-inspired. What kind of watches should I consider? Are the terrorist digital watches like pic related the best option for my chill style?

I will be buying a 114270 in the near future because of the modern tmaterials and buildquality which make it a great daily beater, but the look of a 1016 and it's predecessors is just so nice and clean, for me it's the best design Rolex ever made for sportwatches.. Some day I'd love to find a nice 1989 one.

As for collectors, they don't care about it being technically better. A Nissan GTR is a much better car than a 70's Skyline, but I'd still prefer that old thing.

Also, read this man's blog. Very interesting insights.

le-monde-edmond.com/

Rate my Superocean 44

What do you think of Gucci watches especially that model ( G-Timeless Sport )

No

Are there older versions of the Seiko Alpinist? Or watches similar but not? I like the style of the Seiko Alpinist but I want to see alternatives.

Overpriced quartz watches, if you like this model get a 8926ob, Steinhart Ocean 39 or an skx007. You can change the bezel for silver one on all of them

Yes, they're pretty rare though.

Thanks user

Post em anyway baby

there's nothing wrong with wearing a daniel wellington but acting as if it's remotely fashionable or noteworthy is idiotic. it's is literally a 'good enough' watch, the point of which is to be totally uninteresting and inoffensive so that it can sell millions.

you are aware the entire company was started as a business and marketing experiment by a swedish college student?

Do it, it's great. The 1016 is a classic, but personally I like the applied markers and the flat crystal and the glossy dial on the later models. I think all the aesthetic changes were for the better. I don't understand how Rolex managed to fuck it up so badly with the 214270, though.

Sometimes the best part about this watch is its unexpected heaviness

Came with the nifty moon mission history booklet too

>Are you stupid?
yes

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

What do people think about Swiss watches?
People never seem to post anything by Swiss.

Killer moon watch

Literally how? Are you just spouting nonsense to act like you even have an argument?

thanks man. for me it is THE watch. more understated than any rolex, almost like a secret you can keep to yourself when you're among people who aren't knowledgeable about watches

but incredibly quality, beautiful steel, ghostly, spectral lume that makes it look more futuristic than vintage, and i enjoy winding it

Hey guys looking to get my first decent watch. I had been looking at a Movado meusem watch with a black or blue face but saw for a couple hundred more I could get a Movado 1881 automatic.

Anyone have assny experience with these?

Also while I'm at it I work in a business casual setting but more towards the business side than the casual.

Should I go with a blue or black face? Leather or metal?

Any help would be appreciated.

you should really get something more traditional looking, master the basics before you get all picasso

restrained and traditional seiko, oris, fortis, hamilton, alpina, shinola are all better options

Don't, shit quality and legibility. Stay away from Movado. You want something classy that's very good value? Get a Seiko Dolce. Think that's to small? (It isn't). Get a SARB033 or a SARX035, depending on how much you want to spend and how big you want the watch to be. The Dolce is the best value IMO, it's the cheapest watch with a thermocompensated quartz movement that I know of. It's also the cheapest watch with Seiko's anti-scratch coating that I know of. Lastly, it's thin as fuck, light, comfortable and elegant. The hour hand goes all the way to the hour markers, unlike the Movado: that helps with legibility. And the silver dial is classier and more versatile.

Thanks for the quick responses. Would you suggest going with an automatic over a quartz?

I got this watch last week. What do you guys think?

Not necessarily. If I were you I'd get a Vostok (or a Seiko 5, if none of 5he Vostoks look good) to see if I really enjoy wearing one. If not, I'd stick to quartz. If you do enjoy it, it's up to you to decide how much and how happy wearing on will make you.

if you are going swiss, such as an oris or a fortis, do automatic...i only like high-end swiss quartzes like breitlings SuperQuartz or the omega seamaster in quartz...but at that price point, most people just get the omega or breitling in automatic

like the other guy said, seiko makes insane high-accuracy quartz watches which are cool in and of themselves

don't just get a regular ass quartz though