Boots general

Can we get a boots general going?

Pic related, Ann D backlaces

Other urls found in this thread:

whitesboots.com/product/whites-mp-dainite-sole/
youtube.com/watch?v=Eak7APhre4A
lindelepalais.com/en-US/product/72570
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How should a new boot feel when you put it on? The guy at my local Red Wing store said it should feel like a firm handshake, but I'm not sure if I'm actually crushing my feet or something.

Nice and snug imo. Definitely don't want boots that are just too small in hopes they will magically grow because you will really damage your feet.. They should definitely hug your feet snugly. You should also account for thick socks and or a thick insole if you plan on putting one in.

Can anyone ID these please?

>tfw no Spiral Zips ever

Though, I do have regular creepers.

I really, really like Frye boots. But they're expensive and it's nice to have some variety.

Anyone know of any other boot makers of similar quality & design, but perhaps a different twist?

Any opinions on Oak Street Bootmakers? My favorite pair of shoes is some moccassins from them, so I'm tempted to go with them again for these boots. I've seen some horror stories about their QC though, and it also seems like their handsewn shoes come from a different factory than their boots so maybe my good impressions from their shoes shouldn't apply to their boots. These are already more than $400 so I find it kind of hard to stomach that I would need to spend even more to get a really good chromexcel boot in this style, I may take the chance with these and see if the complaints online are overblown.

Also, for some reason I can't explain I just want the leather sole rather than dainite even if it's less practical. Is that a mistake? There's no ice or snow where I live, winters are mild.

what are the most effay boots for being a fucking custodian?

A fucking custodian or a sexually frustrated custodian? Pretty important difference

>A fucking custodian or a sexually frustrated custodian?

whitesboots.com/product/whites-mp-dainite-sole/

not exactly, but looks similar?

both?

Those are logging boots. Not sure of the brand but I know that White's makes similar ones that are supposedly very good. Look for a 10" logging boot for something similar

What kinds of pants do you wear while working? Post your basic custodian fit

slim fitting blue dickies, sometimes very narrow raw denim, a grey/white/bllack tshirt or denim shirt.

probably some heritage meme boots then. just make sure you get some good rubber soles, wet floors will fuck up leather soles in no time.

so yeah for cheap shit, red wing beckman/iron ranger, wolverine 1000 mile, chippewa apache

for expensive, oak street, white's, dayton

thanks!

Does anyone know any boots with a similar silhouette to these?
Preferably one that doesn't cost $1000+

Spirals best boots.

How much did you pay for yours?

r8 this cheap ass boots

580$

>Can we get a boots general going?
Yes, yes, yes!

I'm in need of help, Veeky Forums: winter is approaching, and with it the cold, rainy, and windy days. For those days I need a pair a boots that look good on a suit. Not business casual, but a proper suit.

I was thinking about black leather Chelsea boots or monk strap boots, but what other options are there?

These are beautiful af

dr martens arthur is kinda similair

|Hey guise,
I'm look for boot's inspo that could go on with non-denim trousers. especially if combat boots with cotton pants.

Black Chippewas or Red-Wings.

How the heck do I go about buying cowboy boots? They can look pretty noice with a decent suit, but what's a good brand? How should they fit?

Corcoran's are solid and you can go innawoods with them if need be. If you get the brown ones, you'll look a little less /terrorwave/.

He clearly stated they were for "a fucking custodian"!

They should be a bit tight at first, it's normal to experience some chaffing - I recommend you condition (with a leather conditioner, not polish) them more often during the first couple of weeks. If your feet actually feel like they're being forced into unnatural form and you get cramps or something of that sort you should prob get a larger size. If the larger size is too large you can get insoles/thicker socks (assuming you don't want to consider another model).

I think that for cotton pants you'd be best to look into boots that don't have smooth leather, texture looks more fitting imo
I'm thinking of stuff like Danner Tachyon's
youtube.com/watch?v=Eak7APhre4A (ignore mall ninja commentary)

I have a pair of black derby Solovair's (pic) that are pretty versatile and I feel comfy about wearing with a suit or just casually. Out of all of the boots I've had it's also at the fairest price-to-quality ratio, good customer support as well.

you can't beat this
why do most of the boots posted here look like the sole is glued on?
that's disgusting

ohhhhh fuck corcorans look so good

i wish the model with the slicker toecap and combat-sole would be more common

Ann Demeulemeester Zip-Up Boots

The right plain derby boots can work but your options for more formal are basically:
Balmoral boots
Brogue boots
Monk strap boots
Button boots
Chelsea boots

I like this outfit
How much are the boots?

They are on sale at L'Inde Le Palais.
lindelepalais.com/en-US/product/72570

r8 my boots, /fa

Hahahahaha

thats my old pair actually, pic is from my grailed listing. great shoe but kind of difficult to work with.

or....

id on pants?

This

daily reminder not to wear boots if you're not Veeky Forums you'll look like a skelly school shooter

Lmao

Americans gtfo this board

cop or not? 1883 Wolverine Ramon Boot

eh i got them brand new so its kinda worth

Why are teenagers so obsessed with black boots and clothes?

Like what's the appeal? Is it supposed to depict the depression, angst and lack of gf?
It's so bleak.

I don't know honestly, teenagers around here all wear adidas I rarely see them wearing black boots at all

It's just so odd, it feels like everyone that comes on Veeky Forums and doesn't lift is a wannabe high school shooter.

Why are you obsessed with teenagers, user?

It honestly seems like you are just bit obsessed about people liking something more than anything, black boots are pretty versatile, common and timeless, you'd have to try hard to get "wannabee school shooter" look or whatever you are trying to say

Yeah they are, and they look good on tall people with a certain frame, not on twinks or skinnyfats. But it seems that every one in here owns a pair of black boots, even though they look terrible in them, like this guy It just feels so... Stephen King.

I mean instead of Boots general you can call this /Columbine General/

Thanks user just bought a pair, hopefully the 41s fit me

hey, thanks, it never occurred to me to look into mil stuff, and it seems so fitting now, thanks for the advice. It also seems like a budget thing to do, since I'm from the balkans and the only way I can appreciate stuff like is by drooling on ssense.
Actually I was looking for something cleaner. My inspo is the kind of fits Lupan III wears. I have some inspo on that, that's not anime related, but I'm on work rn so anyway,
I'm looking into slowly building a more "elegant" (read shirt and trousers, apposed to t-shirt and jeans) wardrobe, since I'll slowy change situations in the following months. But since weather and streets here are shit I'll need something heavy-duty to get from a to b.
that's why I've settled on that kind of choice.

So that's that. Here the market for shoes is kind of overpriced and I was even thinking of going to a shoemarker about it after I figured more of the details out.

see >41s
Scary shit.

Cropped wool trousers is what you're looking for. Mine are from APC.

I went TTS and they fit wonderfully. Planned to cop current's season zip boot from Ann D when they go on sale but stumbled across these. Love them.

Have some (You)s since nobody is paying attention to you, it's okay that you don't like a thing

Should I wear red boots? Yellow? Blue?
I have brown boots and black boots, that should be enough. And I am not a teenager. I also don't wear predominantly black clothes.

I'm waiting on a pair of black dainite trench boots, will report back once I receive them

Jesus they are perfect.
Exactly what I am looking for.

>Cropped wool trousers is what you're looking for. Mine are from APC.
ty

red or yellow, enough with the black shit.

>buy a pair of shoes like this
>wear them a few times and then they get creased and look like utter shite
every time.

I actually ended up going for it too, I have a pair of natural color trench boots with leather soles coming.

Frye makes a lot of different models, most of which are pretty standard
what models of theirs do you like?

also their quality went way downhill maybe six years ago when they moved their production overseas to cut costs

Would be better off buying Pilot boots instead of these SLP ones I'm guessing?

Also w2c boots in big sizes, hard to find decent boots in my size :(((

Regular pilots are much cooler imo, the slps are neutered by the short height. If you're gonna wear a boot with a zipper up the front make it a 10 inch boot and wear it with your pants tucked in, show that shit off

Brown boot best boot.

>Regular pilots are much cooler imo, the slps are neutered by the short height.
not only that, the sorta rough bulky look really works with pilotenstiefels, the slp ones are way too clean and squeaky looking

True, the slps have a tiny toe box for some reason, despite also having a huge thick sole

Those zippers are garbo. Just go original

What kind of demin are you supposed to wear with boots

My levis 511s just look out of place with my redwing heritage boots

denim* shit

I'm not familiar with those. Show me please.

Cuffed 511s look good with most red wings

Rick released these wack boots recently, I don't understand them at all.

What the fuck?

have we figured out exactly what they are yet?

bump

w2c

opionions on this compared to SLP pilots and og BW Pilots?

Julius look better thats for sure.

well, they're very aesthetic
and they probably function sufficiently as footwear
thumbs up

disgusting

Just copped these, hopefully they are as versatile as I want them to be

What are some respectable/quality brands for engineer boots in the $100-300ish range?

A bit shiny but with wear they'll be fine.

Yeah I guess if I don't polish them they won't be as shiny.
I was actually trying to find a similar silhouette to

you fuckd up
they are p. leather, they will look like rubber no matter what cause they are coated with plastic

But I wasn't against the patent leather in the first place? I wanted it. Are you not a fan of patent leather?

it looks kinda garbage and won't age well
and if you don't want them to be shiny, you obviously should not have gone with patent leather cause that's the shiniest shit there is

I wanted them to be shiny, I was just saying if I don't polish them they won't be as shiny.
The silohuette of the boot was more important than the leather to me