So I got an interview in a few days for a temp to hire job for an accounts payable job...

So I got an interview in a few days for a temp to hire job for an accounts payable job. This is going to be my first real professional job interview, what kind of attire is needed for this? Would a nice button-up shirt and slacks cut it or do I need to go out and get a suit?

Birthday suit

Get a suit

I did this for awhile, wear a button up and slacks; I wore a tie but idk do what you want. As long as you demonstrate a basic as fuck understanding of what debits and credits are you should be fine. Also play up your understanding of Microsoft applications especially excel (word it like that).

One more thing, when they get to the part where they ask if you have any questions say this "I mentioned earlier that I am familiar with the Microsoft software suite but I was wondering if there is any software you use in house that would be worth gaining an understanding of if I continue to look for a position similar to this one." or something like that. Shows you knowledgeable and willing to learn but every time you do this the HR lady interviewing you will break down in tears and admit she has no clue what they use and admit she got her job by blowing the boss.

Hey Veeky Forums, on the topic of jobs...

I've been looking for a sales job and I came across Vector Marketing. I'm thinking about doing it.

Anyone have any experience? You get 12-17 per appointment, then 10% of anything you sell? I just want to know how much you make in commission exactly.

>Vector marketing

Do some research goy, its a pyramid scheme.

You'd be selling Cutco knives. You'll glean some experience, but you'd be better served financially looking for another sales gig.

Lucky fuck you got a interview!? Post the letter if not a troll. I've been wait listed with Vector so many times. Opportunity of a lifetime bro get pumped. Congrats

Go with what you think you'll wear after working there for 2 years.

It's single-level, bro.

>you'd be better served financially looking for another sales gig.
Why is that? I don't really care about 401k and insurance, it's just temporary.

Very funny. I know how they are. I found them while looking for sales jobs, they didn't contact me.

>professional
Suit.

White shirt, black tie. Impossible to fuck up.

I wore a gray suit, really light gray shirt, and a red / white dotted tie and just got a professional job too OP. Get a cheap but still wool suit. Make sure it actually fits too.

>had a phone interview today
>2nd phase is tomorrow
>mfw

Hold me Veeky Forums, I think I'm going to sperg out.

honestly go in there slightly tired and you'll lower your defenses and not have sperg anxiety

Well bros, I applied and I'm going for the "interview" now. Will update with details.

Just got back. It was ok. I don't think I like the assistant manager.

Since we're talking about suits, found this in another thread. Figured it might help.

Honestly buy a suit and wear it! I went to a job interview for Foresters Financial. I was wearing a sports jacket button down shit and nice slacks but no tie, not exactly professional, but not a slob either. The vice president sees me in 10 seconds and takes me aside to say that I'll have to reschedule the interview since I'm not wearing a Suit and Tie. Seriously fuck that guy because the job would have amounted to nothing but cold calling with no salary, but it is a life lesson that some people are just old fashioned. I had another job interview once, some old witchy looking lady who was the CEO immediately commented on the fact that I wasn't wearing a suit, I should have just walked out right then, it was a bullshit waste of time for what would had been a dead end job. Either way I work for a crappy photography company but at least it's low stress and close to home.

A suit is the most basic thing an employer can expect from you. If you fuck this up (something that's common sense), what else are you going to fuck up if you're hired?

So, conservative business dress, guys. Literally:

>normal, plain, dark suit (in wool, well-fitting, not black though)
>light shirt (long sleeves, white or blue, in cotton)
>any reasonable tie (any normal color, four-in-hand knot, in silk)
>black oxfords (in leather) with dark socks (in cotton or wool)

Done.

And if you don't know what brand to pick: Brooks Brothers. The safest brand of all times for the office, it looks proper on cubicle dwellers or on the U. S. President, indiscriminately.

Yes, Don't get me wrong I've since bought a suit and have worn it at many interviews, none of which have extended the courtesy of sending me an email to say they weren't interested in hiring me. The second job with the lady was through a temp agency, so naturally I expected it to be a joke, but when I got there I felt a bit stupid, oh well.