Traditional Japanese in modern fashion

Haori, hanten, noragi is there a way to wear them without looking like a weaboo Veeky Forumsggot?

Other urls found in this thread:

indexamo.com/collections/shop
kirikomade.com/collections/happi-kendo?page=2
sousouus.com/product-category/mens-apparel/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pic related is vivism's sanjuro down coat a little out of my price range but it looks comfy and I'd like to integrate something like this into my wardrobe

Shades of grey has kimono tops and denim noragi like pic related seems like a good light jacket for fall

As a white guy I want to avoid being mistaken for a weaboo, so I'm wondering if anyone has any opinion on whether if it's possible to pull this off or any experience with similar styles

Kimonos look good if you're a tall well bearded guy going for an artsy vibe

Is that kimono made of denim?
I kinda wish it was not.

Looks good to me. I doubt normies will be even able to recognise these pieces, maybe they see they have a certain eastern look to them, but i think most would just think it's just a funky jacket

stop worrying about looking like weeaboos
if you are good looking and confident no one will give a fuck
if you are "y-you too" stammering faggots who ask people in waywt threads whether you can pull a piece off, better give it a miss.
you'd be amazed at the shit you can get away with when you're assertive

>little out of my price range
understatement of the minute

The Sanjuro Kimono Down is my favorite Visvim piece of all time. Love how they blended it with the more militaristic look of a bomber

It's the comfiest jacket I own

I quietly chuckled at this too but I let it slide
it just turns these threads into shouting matches over who is a poorfag.

this. I hate this fusion technique. yohji hakamas in denim are also a travesty

Op here I agree denim isn't the best I'd like a more comfortable material for something like this but it's a modern cut
On the other hand though something bulky like this hanten pic related would be perfect if it wasn't so ... traditional? Maybe it the sleeve weren't quite as wide it's hard to find good pieces in this style that aren't vivism or blue blue Japan which cost an arm a leg and your first born

Forgot pic

indexamo.com/collections/shop
I feel like this could be for you

you own a real one? dang nice job

I'm going to get a cheap rep and re-stuff it with proper down filling, redo the weathering, etc.

you can tailor the sleeves if you feel like it, take them in a bit

didn't mean to imply poor-ness, but once you're paying above 1k per item it doesn say a bit about one's lifestyle. It's a completely different life and set of priorities to be dropping that much cash on fashion items than the vast majority of people

not even just expensive. it's also rare. backin 2015 retailed for $1700.
You can find it used on rak for $4k today

yeah exactly.

depends, are you a jap with god tier facial aesthetics?

go back to tumblr or /pol/ where your racial beancounting and rent-seeking mean something.
if someone is confident, good looking and in ottermode good shape, they can wear a fucking dashiki and it will look fine.

Yeah, I bought it when it released at the Visvim flagship store back when I was in Japan for half a year. Still the most money I dropped on one item of clothing but I don't regret it.
If I hadn't I think I'd buy a replica off of taobao just because the siluette is so nice haha

you sound bitter, no you can't wear one of these, you are a skinny goofy looking white twink with bad posture and will be laughed at wearing this.

omg I run the risk of the brisbane meetup crowd laughing at me behind my back!
halp!
you're a pale poorfag overweight manlet trying to shame people who wouldn't look at you twice in the street. good luck with that

t. scarred-shitless gook gatekeeper

What's the function of that?

to encase the upper half of the human body and protect it against the elements

W2C?

how's this

blue blue japan makes them from time to time

jacket is nice. I'd go with tighter long sleeves like the guy in

I just got that turtleneck today, it was sort of a test outfit. i wore this one to class last week

you big on kimono jackets? where do you get yours?
any opinion on the vintage kirikos?
kirikomade.com/collections/happi-kendo?page=2
I hit up the onsen in hokkaido about once a year and I like to go full native when I fly over there.
Keeping an eye out for a good deal on one of the visvim ones or similar

Those are a total ripoff, vintage tops are very cheap in Japan. If you actually do go there just hop into vintage/thrift or specialty shops that are off the beaten path

>If you actually do go there
lol why do people in this place get so cagey when they meet someone who might be living a good life
I'm the fucking king of the kamikawa subprefecture. Going on 4 years now.

You completely misinterpreted the content of my post, which says a great deal more about your character than mine. I have relatives over there

>which says a great deal more about your character than mine.
we went from me politely admiring your jackets to catty shit like this real quick.
Well if you actually have relatives there and you actually visit the place, you should check out Sounkyo, my man. The back country snowboarding is pretty solid even if the climb up kurodake in the winter is a bitch

W2C?

Expat nips and their kids don't like to hear that waito piggu is hitting up the homeland more than they are.
Offends the honor'n'stuff

I have a dark blue hanten I copped from some etsy. I wear it moderately frequently and it's actually quite warm despite its thinness. I think it gets a few looks but it's not too out there, looking to get more into other clothing. Helps to have resting serial killer face and decent looks overall so people don't judge too much. Ofc the visvim sanjuro is amazing and I'd love to get.

I'm only a quarter japanese you dingus. I do wish I could go more, it's so expensive and i'm poor

I don't even pay my way. I look for conferences there and get work to get my ticket and hotel in tokyo and branch out from there when its over.
Fuck I love that place

same. about the hanten. not all that other shit jesus dude.
etsy has some good ones though

lmao. okok sorry. anybody found anything at brick and mortar stores though? I'm in LA and I know one 'store' that comes to the Rose Bowl flea market every once in a while but I'd like a store I don't have to pay just to look around. Also ebay is nice too but again it's all mostly vintage.

I got you, homes
sousouus.com/product-category/mens-apparel/

Too weaboo? I imagine if you wore it open it would tone down how hardcore Asian it is

Guerilla group has some pretty cool stuff

yooooo straw how you's doing?

wait wtf why are u here again

Last years shit was better

where cop kimono?

He said at the time. It was some vintage firemen's hanten
They have them on that kiriko site the other user posted sometimes. Yahoo.jp, rak and eBay also good options

How does nick wooster make everything that isn't thom browne suits look like shit?
That stocky manlet mikey rourke shit looks terrible with 99% of clothing

It's a firemans hanten and I know there's one on etsy somewhere for sure

Are the sizes on the smaller side?

The sizes are what they are. Don't go by s/m/l because those are relative terms.
Inches/cms are the same size regardless where the garment is from

hairstyle routine?

how long is it?

products?

any accessories besides elastic bands? bobby pins?

this is actually pretty hip. not a fan of that fleece beneath it but would look good with a white untucked button down

Wash as little as possible, about 16in, no products, just a hairband
I post occasionally but no point in tripping anymore

Because he doesn't dress his size, which makes him look fat. Just look how dumb this looks

i love noragis especially in techwear fits

This seems about right. He wears expensive pieces that I like but he always looks like fucking gimli wearing them.
I think loose doesn't look good on manlets because it fucks up their proportions so he probably sizes down which just makes him look bloated

Big Fact: If you are white and wear traditional Japanese clothing as a fashion statement, people will think you are a weaboo and you'll just have to be cool with it. If you take that as a bad thing, then so be it.

i fucking hate this cunt
dont know why

The GOAT

If you're good looking and confident with your fashion choices, some badly dressed Brisbane Veeky Forums manlets sneering at you is just fine

nice

that's my plan; ain't no problem with reps if the original is unnattainable

straw bb whats ur insta

@haruspicus

W2c

End of my dump

if ur buying visvim ur already a weaboo faggot
>muh artisinal japanese denim folded 100 times
>muh dyed in japanese mud

t. poor and mad

>meanwhile half the board is dedicated to yohji ripoffs

weebs on Veeky Forums ohhh no wtf went wrong?

lol why would i be mad, you wanna wear ur denim sharp like katana it's your business, i just find it funny now
i used to spend a lot on fashion a few years back actually, never visvim though, step away for a while and you'll realize how ridiculous it all is, you'll rationalize spending 400 on jeans now as "appreciating design" or "higher quality materials" to hide what it really is

>i used to spend a lot on fashion a few years back actually
you splurge on the good banana republic jeans, did you?
>you'll rationalize spending 400 on jeans
lel $400 for visvim jeans. maybe end of season sales in Japan or second hand.

see, you exemplify exactly what i'm talking about, your self worth is wholly tied to how exclusive your clothes are and it comes through in what you say

sounds like something someone poor would say

some people like owning shit simply because others can't have it
it's about as legitimate as anything else you'll use your money for beyond basic necessities.
A few good ways of making something more exclusive is limiting supply and charging high prices.
Visvim does both of these things. The quality itself is in line with that of most high-quality clothing.

lolwut
maybe that's what YOU did. because you're a tool.

myself, I'm equally happy making purchases from thrift stores, neiman marcus, or actual high-end boutiques.

I don't care what the piece costs as long as I like it and enjoy wearing it.

it's identity based on what you own instead of who you are, the ultimate conclusion of which is to become the perfect consumerist whore
see: for the record i do think visvim puts out quality items, some with interesting design

you don't get it and you never will mr. reddit

haha holy fuck
way to prove my point!

There are certainly people that behave as you have described. They are idiots, and you are simply one of them. That's OK. It is okay for you to be an idiot, but it is important for you to recognize that about yourself.

>mr good taste
>proud owner of 5000 karma on r/malefashion
>consistently top 5 fit of the month in fit battle tournaments
>not confined by ur standards
heh yeah i guess u could say im a wild guy, sometimes i shop thrift ya know really slumming it, other times im at neiman, guess you wouldn't know that baka

Thanks for shitting up the thread poorfag. Go thrift some pissed in Champion joggers

Fuck no
I'm barely adequate on my good days

You just take this shit way too seriously, like you take your self waaaaaaaaaaay too seriously. But here you are on Veeky Forums on a Saturday night.

I just do it because playing the fashion game is marginally less boring than not playing.

You can enjoy Veeky Forums and fashion and the possibilities of clothing without doing any dragon chasing. Well, maybe not YOU...

lmao this bald 30 year old fag trying to rock a noragi

i'll help you along on your journey then, anyone who takes high fashion seriously unless they're in the industry are the prey, anyone who's played the game for some time should realize it, those who haven't well, they're the prey

ok mr sovereign man. I have enough money that splashing some of it into clothes is no skin off my ass
Go live off the land in some cabin in alaska so you don't give any money to the corporations by mistake.
You sound really enlightened and a joy to be around in parties.

u mad u didn't get my approval or something? see, anyone can read a lot into your mindset from the way you talk, to you there's a specific in group (high fashion connoisseurs) and everyone else must be a poorfag
why would someone with the resources NOT consume what capital I consume?? that's an attack on your entire worldview, and so you reconcile it by saying they must be poor
you have low self confidence and thus find your self worth from your expensive clothing, I'm not even generalizing here, I know for a fact that that's the case for you based on what you say
i think you have the right attitude, poor students and wageslaves on this board (easily 95% of Veeky Forums) think it's a lifestyle rather than a game

consume what goods* I consume

Is that Visvim too? Fucking nice

>i think you have the right attitude, poor students and wageslaves on this board (easily 95% of Veeky Forums) think it's a lifestyle rather than a game

they're kids. wtf do you expect?

anyway, it's just clothing. get older and you start seeing people get into the same status/identity trap with houses, boats, airplanes. don't sweat the little stuff.

No! visvim is a huge ripoff. The tops just regular vintage

>No! visvim is a huge ripoff
straw don't be cheeky now, you were just starting to grow on me