Can leather jackets ever work or do they always look autistic?

Can leather jackets ever work or do they always look autistic?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=haxMPnuFUi4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You just have to be hot.

This, unfortunately.

there are rare exceptions
-being an actual rock star (see Josh Homme, though he is arguably also hot)
-be unconventionally attractive, but strikingly so

Normies under 40 auto assume you're a douchebag.

What about a hooded one like this?

Hooded leather jackets are disgusting imo. It looks cheap and like something a teenager would wear. Also it is much less versatile than a regular leather jacket, which is not ideal for what would likely be one of the most expensive items of clothing you will own

What would you suggest for everyday wear that's a step up above a hoodie/regular jacket then?

What's a "regular jacket" and what is a "step up?"

Much like anything cool out there it only works if you're good looking, else it will make you look like a loser trying to dress like a tough guy.

Something nice enough to go on a casual night out or to make me look presentable when running errands. Something below a blazer/sport coat in terms of how formal it looks but nicer than a zip up hoodie

A regular jacket. If you need a hood then wear a hoodie under it. If its raining then wear a rain jacket.

what is a bomber/varsity/military jacket????????

Depends on your style. If you're Veeky Forums get a leather jacket, if you are thin try a dark jean jacket. Also have a look a sweaters, for example crewneck knit sweaters (navy is a good colour for that) which you can wear over a t-shirt or undershirt or v-neck dress sweaters to wear over a shirt if that's more your style. Cardigans for colder weather, or a sherpa jacket if you can pull it off.

I'm lean/fit but I'm also manlet (5'8) so bulky shit like sherpa jackets make me look shorter. The jean jacket sounds good, if not a military jacket. Thanks for all the info, I'm shit at fashion but I'm trying to get better at it

You're welcome

m.youtube.com/watch?v=haxMPnuFUi4

Look at 12:20 for some idea of how you can make a jean jacket work, the guy should be a similar height and build to you

You could also try a bomber jacket if you find one with a good fit.

As far as other wardrobe items go you could have a look at a pair of dress boots with a heel, they add a half inch or an inch compared to sneakers and look great (they don't work that well with a jean jacket though, so maybe with another outfit). Have a look at lace up boots or chukkas, the latter maybe in suede if regular leather feels to dressy for you

Veeky Forums acts as if leather jackets are incredibly hard to pull off, but it's really not. You really don't have to be an actual rock star.

If you're either slim tall and handsome, or are a reasonably goodlooking masculine Veeky Forums type guy, you will probably look good in a well fitted leather jacket.

Best to avoid them if you look very effeminate, are fat, a manlet or are otherwise dorky looking. Don't even try coloured leather unless you're 100% sure you can... pulling off a black leather jacket is one thing, rocking a red one without looking like a tool is another.

>Don't even try coloured leather unless you're 100% sure you can

Do you think she can pull off that red leather jacket? I think it looks great on her despite being a 5'6 womanlet and looking feminine which according to you are traits that make men look bad in leather jackets

A skinny weaaboo-bitch can pull off any shit like that and you guys would sploog your pants over it.

the jacket is the least of her problems

Lolol wtf

Agree with this post

Any reasonably built 7/10 can wear a leather jacket

Imo easiest way to wear is just the classic all black/nearly all black. I wead Docs, black jeans, black t, and slim double rider and it looks good if slightly edgy, but I only wear that outfit to slightly edgy bars etc so no problem

i like the look, but they aren't versatile at all and look dogshit with anything but a t-shirt under and some scraggly ass jeans

get a regular jacket and just throw on an open hoodie under for the look

oof owie my bones

Her knees wtf

newfags