Why Veeky Forums hate SLP?

why Veeky Forums hate SLP?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/4XY33VzWob/?taken-by=jamesfukinhurst
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can't speak for all of Veeky Forums but I hate it because people that aren't meant to wear SLP constantly wear SLP.

Veeky Forums hates everything

I actually really like it

You must be new, Veeky Forums used to suck Hedi's cock both for his work at slp and manly at Dior.

The only problem with slp is that most people see slp as "normal clothes", it's not crazy like some avant-garde designer, but even though it looks normal, is incredible hard to pull off slp due to the cut of his clothes. You have to be Paris fashion week/heroin tier to pull it off.
So most people that try to pull it off, look like shit on slp because they don't have the body for it(just go to those slp insta accounts and see what I'm talking about).

This

can't say that I hate it
as far as the designs go, I don't really appreciate it, I don't feel its very creative, original or interesting, not that I expect every brand to be those things but when the context and background of the brand is Yves Saint Laurent it just feels mainly sad that this is what the brand has come down to
and Hedi's work on Dior was great so you have basically 2 elements that are great but that ended up just really boring and seemingly creatively bankrupt collections
but I get why it's hugely popular and it probably made shitloads of money so that's something for the brand at least

I can never have that body type because I work construction. Is there a designer for us 6'2", built 200 lbs. types?

Wrangler
But fr no love for the swole bros I guess it's athletic garb forever :-/

The skinny era is coming to an end. Just check the number of comfy threads featuring full cut clothes on Veeky Forums.

In 5 years everyone will go crazy for pleats and drape. In the mean time check the comfy thread. And look at designs by yohji y.

dont be memed into wearing loose stuff, its just going to make you look fat

just go for classic styles

I hope this style never dies, maybe gonna dump a little bit later on

I am 194 cm (6'4) and 75 kg, with lanky arms and legs.
Do I have the body to wear SLP, regardless of the fact I can't afford it

Twinkcore

Looks fine

because it's basic bitch shit

Follow the slp bois(the models) on instagram.
Most of them wear cheap clothes and they make pretty cool fits and all of them have body like yours.

as a symbol of counterculture going corporate, it's pretty revolting

they do a pretty shit job of imitating vintage clothes

Same length and 90 kg but still feel skinny. You must be lanky as fuck.

It has been appropriated by streetwearidiots

symbol of counterculture?

Got any names? Only one I know is Dylan Brosnan

Yeah, my limbs are skelly tier. Pic related is hand and wrist

yeah, back in the 60s and 70s slp used to be pretty avantgarde and forward looking. now it's the exact opposite, what was once fresh and bold is now vintage and "safe."

Can't find the account, what's the account name?

a slp model is sometimes on Veeky Forums too, i dont think anybody's asked him what clothes he wears though

i am 5'9" 128lbs
do I have the body to wear SLP?

It's one of those brands that attracts people whose phenotype are hopelessly at odds with the actual product.
Like Rick Owens

Former slp. Doesn't he walk for Lanvin these days like all the Hedi crowd?

yeah he did lanvin, i think he stopped modelling though, he's a musician like every other slp model, does he have instagram??

also to everybody asking "can i wear slp" or saying "you have to be this and not this" i think most would agree that all of the models, while similar looking and seem to have similar interests, none of them really care, that's the unifying thread, that they just wear whatever they like, be themselves, you wouldnt find them asking permission from strangers to do something, it's like they feel that they already are that something, so if you have to ask, then you're doing it wrong, either just do it, or wait until you find something that makes you wanna just do it

Because Saint Louis park is full of niggers and it loooks like a third world country

Because Veeky Forums is full of 16 year old, street-wear scum

I think it's cause Hedi Slimane's designs got normalized too fast and that's not really his fault. I think a lot of people look at the crazy designs and patterns he did and jumped to them and only wore those. Because the clothes had a modern but nostalgic feel to them is what really marketed them to a large audience and because a lot of the clothes were so simple a lot (not in a bad way) anybody could put on a pair of tight black jeans and a tight jacket and feel like they could pull the designs off.
A lot of the people who wore the clothes that posted online sized down too much and lacked a lot of originality. They would go and buy everything he did instead of buying a few pieces and adding it to their wardrobe.
Hedi wasn't at the edge of the avant-garde like he was for Dior and I feel like a lot of kids on here don't really understand minimalism and look at Rick and Raf Simons like a god, even though Hedi was probably the best designer of the 2010's.

It was popular for a few years, but then it got more mass appeal and last few SLP collections under Hedi was just repeating the same stuff. It got normalized, done to death, and boring.

Half the body

Yeah I know, he's the guy with the cape from the aw15 show.

I'm to lazy to list all instas, but here is a pic with a ton of them tagged, then just start lurking through their insta, they tag each other, so is easilly to find most of them just like that.

instagram.com/p/4XY33VzWob/?taken-by=jamesfukinhurst