Rick Owens General 30/09

Rick Owens General
All things Rick Owens

I'm not an expert on sizing or consumption strategy.
Am much more interested in anthology
but feel free to ask away and perhaps someone knowledgeable will attend you.

I understand there's a RO discord, but it's apparently exclusive and I think that's pretty stupid.

Feel free to converse on the peripheries

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/fullrickowens/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Frankly, I'm not familiar with contemporary Rick Owens but would be more than happy to host that kind of discussion.

I'll be pulling from older Rick mostly.

Isn't this shit expensive

At retail it's expensive and I wouldn't recommend consuming it at that price point.

Burn yourself long enough and somehow the shit show becomes a bit more affordable.

>Burn yourself long enough and somehow the shit show becomes a bit more affordable.
What did he mean by this?

Waste enough of your fucking time and eventually a dude can hustle harder.

I recall my mother spending hours in Egyptian Bazar's killing herself on $15 tourist trap toys people pile up in airport terminal bins.

I'm really uncertain what pictures to select.

It's weird out (in?) here.

I think I'll try stray away from the authour himself.

unless it's dank

Here's a dank one.

Or maybe let's take a curated trip through memory lane.

The scaffold is there

God he has sweet pecs

While I suggested a trip through memory lanes.
I'm tired of these model pictures so I'll try to retreat a bit.

So you're butt hurt just because you don't have a invite?
Just go to their insta and ask for one.

I wouldn't put it like that,
What's the insta
Do i need to message them via insta?
Or is there an email I can contact instead?

I don't have an insta.

>RO discord
Why? The discord is shit with a bunch of retards. Sure, a lot of people there actively discuss RO and own plenty of it. Doesn't mean they're not terrible at styling and autistic

I'm not sure what spurred those thoughts.
However I appreciate the insight.

Perhaps they felt that poorfags with not a single rick will pollute the quality of discussion? I have seen similar reason beforehand.

Quantity of rick =/= ability to discuss Rick.

There's plenty of material out there.

I have never owned a Geobasket or Rick sneaker in my entire life but through passive diffusion of random fucking information (against my will) simple matter of exposure. I know a shit ton about Rick sneakers.

Tell that to the discord, they might consider. Do you own anything?

mfw I have $5,000 worth of rick owens shirts
mfw I only have 4 of them
mfw it's all i wear and people ask me why i wear the same thing all the time

I'm not interested in discussing that. It's not worth discussing.

Yes I do.

>mfw I have 5000 rick owens shirts
>mfw when it's only worth $4
>mfw it's all I wear and people ask me why I smell like damp sweat
>my sweat stains have sweat stains

u making fun of me?

>fun making ? u of me
but really it was anecdotal.

why try and start a ROG thread if you're going to sperg at anybody talking in the thread?

it's lonely and i wanted to be funny

the joke is my rick owens all smells like sweat
and they all have intense sweat stains.

>why try and post in a thread if you're going to be lame as fuck

What's the general consensus on Island shirts?

The earlier versions are too whack for my taste. Pic related is from Walrus, but the collar is weird.

Glitter makes the best, but as far as I know none of them are in white

Thoughts?

Mountain or shut the fuck up.

mountain shirts are fine. I prefer the silhouette of island on my body type. Hence why I asked.

I provided my thoughts,
which is what you asked.

Mountain or bust.

are you OP

Yes,

and I need to go to bed.

I'm pretty sure you posted this thread just so you could shit post

People have nothing cool to say about Rick Owen's

I actually really just want people to share their stinky Rick Owen's t-shirts with me
that's I want.

but instead i get a whole bunch of fucking memers

You must be new, but I'm gonna explain:
Even a couple of months ago you could see invites for every Veeky Forums discord around here, so anyone could get in(I'm in most of them but I rarely use them).
It seems like all of those invite links that you could find here or just by searching in the archives for invites were nuked, but some discords you can find them simply by gooogling them.
Now you can get in by asking them a invite on instagram:
instagram.com/fullrickowens/ this is their insta and you can message them(I think that dms(direct messages) only work in app and off course you have to have a account).
Or go to the fashion discord and ask for a invite since most posters are cross posters.

Thanks friend.

Guess I'm fucked.

Didn't meet the bar on that sweet sweet RO fan club.

God I love his denim. I wear detroits and torrence cuts with anything. The fit is unbeatable, and ages so beautifully

There's a small riphole on the ribbed part on my jacket. I'm so sad now.

A fucking men

The drkshdw denim I think are a quintessential hallmark to his success

I have never heard a bad testimony to it aside from people who size way too small and end up busting that shit out.

If anything can act as proof that Rick knew what the fuck was up from the beginning it's his production of his denim.

It's also so incredibly essential to the brand, reminding us that not so long ago Rick's stuff was so much more heavily based designs taken off construction labour and military uniform.

Rick making that shit look goooooood

Never ever speak ill of a Rick owens jacket again you ungrateful pile of consumer garbage.

I usually try to fix tears in my shirt by threading the laterally across the ribs.

I don't own a Rick Owens jacket so imagine it'd be harder stitching the rayon/silk into the leather but I think it'd be worth a shot.

Maybe try turn the sleeves inside out ands ee if there's fabric under the leather which you can use to stitch the hole closed with.

Do you get what I mean?

Like use a thread and needle, stitched across the hole, kind of like suturing- pull and it should, simple a cheap.
don't put too much tension.

>Never ever speak ill of a Rick owens jacket again you ungrateful pile of consumer garbage.
No idea where you get that impression but thanks?

What do you all think of Rick-Tech? It is a new fusion of techwear and RO. I think the two suit each other very well.

Rick Owens jackets are bullet proof
your comment of a "hole" is slander and I will not tolerate that in this thread

MODS
MODSSSSSS
Cuff this fucker

well these threads are dead

>What do you all think of Rick-Tech?
End yourself

I just want a RO gf.

Yo...
Same.

stinky

Are you trying to bring it back because of Showroom video?

Go on

Nah I'm just writing rn so want to get shit flowing

maybe someone will say something cool

fishing desu

RO is for gothninja edgy faggots. People laugh at you behind your back when you go out in public. You guys know that, right?

gtfo cancer

At least they're laughing at how I look and not how I smell like they used to

>I own some rickdidas. I copped at the end of season sale
>no. I don't own any other rick. why do you ask?
>I styled these with some sweatpants and a workout tshirt
>can I be part of your club?

I'm all for Rick-stan inclusion.

Let doo's steeze it out whichever which way doo wants

how much rick do y'all own?
I only have like seven pieces but I think I might need a slave jacket

I love some of the more recent stuff Rick's been doing but I feel like older Rick fits my own style better. Favorite seasons, guys?

who gives a fuck how much rick anyone owns?

god damn it's so fucking embarrasing that dudes out there keep count of this shit

i also prefer his older stuff, they're much more supermarket friendly for me.

Suckerball, Stag-
06-10 probably strongest years for me

I was just curious because a lot of Rick's magic for me is in the materials he uses. It's difficult to get a sense of those materials without touching the stuff. I think you might be the op who said that you don't need to own a lot to be an expert, which is true to a point but there's something to be said for wearing the stuff around every day.

additionally if someone posts that they own a lot of Rick I can pick their brains on the construction of certain pieces that I've only seen in photos

where does everyone actually buy their rick owens clothes?

i don't think his materials are anything incredible but some of his fabric finishes and how he decides to use some materials is really well considered.

i agree aswell, i think touching rick when opportunity arises is very important, gives a really impression of what he's trying to facilitate through selecting fabrics for what regions.

yup, nothing displaces first hand experience.
it's not essential but is... much higher fidelity information than just images.

although i wouldn't dismiss someones opinion if they hadn't handled it.
it's an extreme luxury.

how about you ask your question first and see if anyone replies, then you can pick their brains out

that approach makes a bit more sense to me.

I guess by materials I meant the materials themselves and the treatments he chooses for them

>how about you ask your question first and see if anyone replies, then you can pick their brains out
>that approach makes a bit more sense to me.

Isn't that what I did?
>how much rick do y'all own?

I've bought some at a local shop called Totokaelo
Nordstrom near me sometimes has a a few items

I've acquired a few collectors pieces from Japanese sellers

Sure the fabric is nice ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Was that a question about construction?

I think Mastodon is my favorite Rick collection of the past couple years

Haven't looked at Mastodon closely but that image provides good incentive
Ughh what a combination of knits.
Although I imagine it'd be hard to organise it... when going to the supermarket.

yeah.
gotta get it just right =]

The zip on those cargo pockets is making me uneasy desu.

Rick's slacking on his zip alignment styling game.

I like it
adds to the chunkiness of the piece

have some real old school stuff
these were probably the genesis of both dunks and mohawk boots

this is the comfiest thing I own

Oh yeah, I think phatter thicccr zippers are always way more satisfying, rick does a pretty good job keeping that consistant

i was just being snide, that the zipper being flipped out away from the rail in the image above ruins the ~asstectec~ flow.

but also their being no zipper flap and the zipper strip extending also kind of upsets me

I recall missing out on buying that same pair of moon boots for like 2k yen waayyy back

to be fair it's mayb best I didn't- would have had a hard time wearing them.

i really dislike the creepe soles, have a pair of combats from creacth with them- i think i'll resole with just heeled rubber after i wear it down some more.

rick knits are without parrallel in both how soft and comfy they are.
have a few sitting in my wardrobe from the early 2000 years.

keep away from velcro hooks.

you likey rick knits?

everything apart from the cardigans and cloaks

you anti all of that or just his mens pieces?
also why don't you dig the cardigans and cloaks?

wouldn't touch any of it.
always reminds me of some desperate attempt to access middle aged men market

don't hit rick for his loose shit, need to stick to my nips n cling to my forearms

I've never really liked mens cardigans in general but I find myself loving some of Rick's stuff. He uses great proportions and subtle textile variations that provide interesting layering potential and guide the eye.

that just sounds like a bunch of air

i think the cardigans and cloaks, at least from older seasons for womens were just these long sprawling loosely knit things that hung awkwardly around the stomach.

yeah yeah rick has great fabric
sure guides the eye- whatever

I mean look at this one, for instance It's slim cut in the sleeves and the ribbing accentuates the effect while guiding your eyes vertically

The front of the body is cut to drape away from the torso creating depth

i really have no idea how clothing can guide the eyes, especially since we're looking at a digitised format.

when i expanded the image i had to scroll down to see the entire thing, innately guiding my eyes vertically consequence of digital media.

yeah rick's ribbing is great, make my nippes massive

sure it looks nice there but i think that's a very unlikely shape to take on when worn or walking

walking through air will push that depth flat against the chest, it'll begin to awkwardly pile around the sleeves.

it'll push the weird piling behind the neck up etc.

when actually wearing it and moving around i imagine it'll collapse and not really hold the same form as seen in that image

it'd get irritating quick.

I'm not trying to start an argument but it sounds like you don't really understand some of the basics of design and silhouette.

I think it's funny that you're using the fact that I'm referencing a photo of a real 3d object to deny subconscious visual cues. I'm talking about the cardigan itself, not the photo of the cardigan. Clothing is designed to be three dimensional. Photographs are just a limiting attempt to capture that.

if you say so
i'm pretty confident that while in that picture you posted it looks well sculpted...
give it just the slightest push and it'll collapse

but what do i know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i'm not denying it
i said i don't know how it works
and couldn't of had that affect with your example

i haven't done the reading there but i'm pretty skeptical like... how subtle design motifs operate to guide the eye
i don't know what that research looks like, and i don't think you've provided compelling evidence.

i understand you're talking about the cardigan itself but we can't talk about how the cardigan is proof of producing 3d orientated features if we're experiencing it as 2d

i'd be interested if you have any let's say...
psychoanalytic or neuroscience literature to back up your theory of how the eye can be directed.
although i'm familiar that kind of lexicon is applied to fine arts when deconstructing a painting or something- i've never really understood where those kind of eye guiding thoughts came from outside of explicit finger pointing or something.

At bestI'm ambivalent, worst i'm unconcerned- who gives a shit about the eyes pathway.

So what really made people from this general move out of Veeky Forums?

Fuck that's so nice, do you have any fit pics?
for the longest time I've been considering picking one up but I'm still unsure

Thinking about buying these, whats the fit/comfort like? I have wide and flat feet.

I definitely could not pull anything here off.

It just kinda seems like a no brainer to me. If you are standing in front of the washington monument you're gonna look upward to take in the entire thing. That's because as an object it extends vertically. You see railroad tracks your eye is drawn horizontally along the tracks into the distance. The same is true for almost anything.

We differentiate one object from another by following the edges. Clothing is no different. It's fashion 101.

You want to look taller and skinnier you wear close fitting pants with a high waist. High waist pants draw the eye up down while the waistline tricks the eye into thinking your legs are longer. Cuffed pants or visible socks do the opposite. They create a visual break so where your eye would ordinarily move down from the pants to the shoes it now stops at ankle before taking in the shoes.

Nah I don't really take photos of myself. Might be some snaps taken by a friend on a night out. I'll take a look. I actually have this model with the mock neck. Mine's the blood colorway though.