- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients

Rate my skin care effay

Which one?

The one of the right

Opinions on Neutrogena's Hydroboost products? My dermatologist recommended a moisturizer from that line to me.

Which one though?

What do you mean?There's a left and there's a right. Choose the one on the right.

Which one??

This guy is wrong. Higher SPF is better

50 spf

You should always make sure that your lotion blocks both UVA and UVB.

Does the 50 not block both just because it doesn't specify?

My nose and right to the left and right of it are super oily, but under my bottom lip it's super dry. I've been double cleansing and moisturizing (morning) and double cleansing and moisturizing with Vaseline (pm). My nose and its sides are finally not oily all the time, but now under my lip it's so dry that it's cracking and red. Help please

Did my high school acne perma ruin my face?

I cannot grow a full beard.

SPF 50 blocks more UVB, not UVA needs to stated to be safe.
Skincancer.org states
>Use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher every day.

Need a picture

so - i have pretty bad scalp acne, and i just shaved my head. what should i do about it?

You'll be fine. Nothing too big. Just stick to recommend routine and give it time

I'm 23 and have had these empty spots since 18. There is still hope for recovery? Awesome.

Not the other guy, but no, It shouldn't affect your hair follicles once the acne is gone. You probably just take longer to grow a bear or it comes in patchy.

>have had good skin all my life
>rosacea out of fucking no where
>look like asap yams now
>no cure without dermatologist
why are we here just to suffer

Because the act of giving birth is so purely selfish and evil that it demands retribution unto the next generation.

A genuine advice to anyone that is suffering under their acne:

don't waste months and tons of money trying to construct an elaborate skincare regime with over-the-counter products. Just go to a dermatologist as soon as possible. They're trained to help you with this

What's everyone's thoughts on just using warm water to shower?

Every soap or cleanser I've used has just broken me out, both with and without moisturizer afterwards.

how does male skincare differ from female?

I hate sounding like some vegan idiot, but changing your diet might help.

Usually my cheeks and nose are a little red. Started dieting 6 weeks ago, with my only source of carbohydrates is through vegetables.

Skin has been flawless. No redness, no irritation, no pimples.

Anyone have experience with acne scar treatments?
I had severe acne on face back and chest during my teens which I treated with accutane.
Im now looking into all this laser and microneedling treatment, does any of it work significantly?

It doesn't. It's all marketing

I'm totally serious here. When I sweat after long walks or working out I smell like wet dog according to my friend. Is there anything I can do about it?

Had minimal issues during teen years even if my hygiene was far from great.

Facial skin/tone became great around 18-20 (i'm 23 at the moment) but the last year or so I've started getting increasingly more breakouts, my face is still not even close to being bad but it's starting to annoy me as it's not decreasing or staying the same but instead slowly increasing starting from upper neck to forehead.

Some things to note:
two weeks ago started some cheaper exfoliation/cleansing/moisturizing shit, but that doesn't seem to help, I feel like it made my pores around nose look much better but the actual acne/breakouts increased if anything.

Seems like majority of the acne is around the beard/moustache area, but none around temple or below ears, basically just cheeks,moustache, neck and a bit on forehead.

Anyone experienced similar bullshit?

>pic not me, just some dude from google who gets similar amount/type of acne

fuck how could I forget.
I noticed that I ALWAYS had at least a little bit more of acne on my left side of the face, which has now increased even more.
Also I am left-handed too, which may or may not be part of the issue, maybe unconsciously touching the left side of my face?

Wich side do you sleep

Every time I shower then skin I get these red spots on my torso which are very itchy, it goes away after like 10 mins.
I've been to the doctor and they said it might be because water dries out my skin so I got prescribed some thick ass motorisering cream, it kinda helped but definitely didn't fix it.
So I went back to the doctor and they basically told me I'm fucked and there's not much to do, apparently it's something some people have and that it's can be triggered by different things like water, heat or even just being touched.

Anyone experienced this? What'd you do other than killing yourself?

How to get rid of one of these?

Why wont dandruff FUCKING LEAVE

Tried stridex but it was making my face all shiny like I'd gotten botox.

Does salicylic acid always do this or is it just the stridex?

idk, both desu, can't tell on which I wake up lol.

Just wash your hair properly, wash all the shampoo out and don't use too much in the first place

>tfw blackheads on nose
what do
they arent terrible but squeezing them out is obviously bad idea

also mild acne on chest (also blackheads on chest skin, im pretty sure those are causing the issue)

Tips to deal with baggy eyes? Something that's quick to apply, don't have my own space.

Stop the warm water and switch to cold.

I have extremely fast greasing skin and that's the only thing that really helped for me.

Plus I only use soap for crotch and armpit areas during my daily showers and once a week or so I give it a full go.
Has worked pretty well so far.

My acne also pretty much stopped when I decided to only let cold water near my face and no soap at all.
My skin got all flaky and naturally peeled over a couple of days.

No, you take a shower after.

If anyone has having major issues with acne. I'd recommend a combo of Doxycycline & Adapalene. Has managed to clear and de-red-erize my skin in about 3 days. Hopefully this is helpful for anyone interested.

What's the best way to make your skin softer and "brighter" ?

try using coconut oil before you shampoo your hair and don't wash it every day if you can avoid it.

If your skin is shiny and has more texture than normal you might be over-exfoliating.

Who's this cutie pie.

Bumping this, heard that it's natural and will go away with time.

Are cold showers better for skin?

This, usually by the unisex or men variant of a product than the women's.

Anyone here do the oil cleansing method? Is it legit?

I tried it for a while and it was bretty gud but honestly more trouble than it was worth

Interesting. I was only doing it once a day before bed. Maybe I'll try every other.

I keep getting grease on the circled areas, along with pimples occuring more often around the chin and in between my nose and upper lip. Any products that can fix that or is it beyond using certain products

These are all the products i use for my face, i usually just use these products after a morning shower. is this enough or too much?

niga why uu se 3 cleansers

Idk man, is it too much? The products on the far left is a moisterizer and the far right is something for 'oil control' which may or may not make my oil issue worse

If you excessively grease up like that your skin is trying to combat overwashing.

I'd recommend a cleansing milk instead of what you use, you just massage it in and then wash out with water. It's a lot less aggressive and does the job.

She stole my heart

How old do you think I am Veeky Forums?

I'm starting to see signs of my skin really aging (wrinkles forming, lack of smoothness, etc) and I'm wondering if it's natural or from generally mistreating my body these last few years.

bumperoo

I just don't understand these routines. I've got coconut oil, Aztec Indian Healing Clay, and access to that blue and green brand.

I'm already sun damaged as fuck so I'm not even trying to slightly decrease it, I just want to slow it down so I don't look as old as I am.

Any recomendations? Also do i just add the clansing milk to my routine or do i only use the milk?

Mid to late twenties

look up diff between stye/chalazion. styes are painful and typically look like pic but chalazions are often the remnants of a stye not properly drained and will "harden" underneath lid akin to quasi modo. I've suffered these bastards in the past and had to get them surgically removed. Healed great. But if this just occured to you, do hot compresses with a sock filled with rice for at least 10 minutes, as often as you can (only as hot as you can take).

Also, get some baby shampoo and get in the habit of gently washing your eyes. These usually result from not washing off make-up properly or touching your eyes habitually.

it depends how you life your life. i've met 30-40 year olds that have skin like milk and i've known an 26 yr old that had deep forehead wrinkles even while face at rest. it's all 'normal' but can they be prevented? yes, but once the damage is done..

Guys I'm having trouble with clogged up pores (blackheads) on and around my nose. Which kind of exfoliator do you guys reccommend? I'm a babby when it comes to this kind of stuff, please help me out.

you need to remove them first though if they are actually blackheads. use a mask or peel or w/e and then a blackhead removal tool for the ones it cant get. salicylic acid for maintenance once they are clear.
in reality black/white heads around and on your nose is just common and probably impossible to completely get rid of with out professional skin care.

it could be histamine reaction to the change in temperature. a lot of people get this for instance when getting out of the warm shower and walking on a cold tile floor.
I do, it makes me feet itch like fuck and turn hivey for like 20 minutes.

you can try an antihistamine cream, but honestly why bother if it only lasts 10 minutes.

Thanks user. I'll try it out.

I guess, it's just super uncomfortable and makes me not want to shower, the itching stops after 10 min, but I still have red spots all over my neck which is annoying if I'm going out afterwards

Close enough I suppose

Fair enough. How does one keep good skin other than not eating shit food, not smoking, etc?

Use vaseline throughout the day. You can get tiny jars at walmart for under $1 to fill and carry with you. if you rub it in a don't use too much, it won't shine and be noticeable.
>pic related is one of mine
It looks big in this picture, but I have small hands.
Personally, the little scented vaseline things they started selling made me break out (despite not having sensitive skin) so I don't recommend those. Good luck!

Ah, mine was surgically removed then came back and now it's kinda stuck :((( makes me look like I have a droopy eye.

I'll try the sock thingy and I ordered some baby shampoo the other day. Hopefully I can get rid of it.

I have always had a ton of white comedomes, not only on my face but throughout the body. Today I went to the dermathologist and she said I could benefit from isotretinoin. What is your experience with this medicine, Veeky Forums?
Does the skin look nice just by using it or should I do more stuff to it? Right now I can only think about doing peeling sessions after the treatment to reduce the small acne scars on my face.

>Doxycycline & Adapalene

any before and after pictures?

3 days sounds crazy

>currently on lymecycline and not very effective

Recs for gentle cleansers? I have a similar problem, excessive oil production which "oil control" products don't help

Anybody have success getting rid of sebaceous filaments on nose? Salicylic acid isn't doing shit.

Sorry no pictures.
>3 days sounds crazy
That's exactly what i thought. I thought it would be bare minimum of 2 weeks.
it's basically a combo of an antibiotic and a cream that dries out the skin.

skincare newfag here, have noticed i get a lot of blackheads on the nose & forehead, despite the rest of my acne being gone since post-highschool. What should I buy that does something like this?

moisturiser for oily skin? Someone told me before to stay away from creams but they're all i can find. No matter what i do, i get shiny after 2 hours of washing my face.

I always sweat too much, i've used countless deodorants that don't seek to work. I don't even do any strenuous things, just going to school and shopping etc, but it makes me sweat in my armpits mainly. Any fixes?

I have to share my experience with you, Veeky Forums, because what I'm doing with my skin now seems to be working.
I've been fucked over by r/skincareaddiction and r/asianbeauty, praising these expensive "holy grail" products which don't work.
Fuck CeraVe. Fuck CosRX. Fuck aloe vera and snail memes. Fuck all these shitty irritants. All they did was make my skin worse.

I thought, fuck this, might as well do nothing. Best decision I've ever made in my life. I now do water only cleansing. I use the telephone shower thing and set the nozzle to jet and the pressure to something mild enough for your face. After that, I pat dry while leaving it damp enough to apply moisturizer. I do this morning and night.

Existing pimples just dried out and fell off like the dead skin they are. I still get the occasional whiteheads, but not as numerous and widespread as when I was using cleansers.

Initial reactions would be "ewww wouldn't that make you oily and gross?". The water and the patting are enough to remove the excess oils, trust me. Just change your towels and pillowcases everyday.

I have been like this since I was a teenager. I tried water-only method before without moisturizing and the results were not good, so I was discouraged at first. Don't go full caveman though. It's okay to touch your face if you know your hands are clean.

I'm male, 22, combination skin/oily T-zone, and acne-prone. Don't know how this would apply to women or anybody who uses makeup.

Moisturizer is simple hydrating light moisturizer, btw. Any moisturizer would do, I think.

>he doesn't clean his face ever

im gonna vom

Can you not read? I said I'd been washing my face with traditional cleansers for most of my life and only dropped doing them 2 weeks ago.

If this is what works for me, I'll stick to it. What I'm trying to say is that there is no one clear cut solution to everybody's skin problems.

sure bud anything it takes to justify not cleansing your fucking face in 2 weeks

How do I get rid of the redness around and underneath my nostrils

Chances are what you consider blackheads aren't really blackheads. Especially on the nose.

moisturizer or makeup

if you have broken capillaries, you can get laser treatment to get rid of them. Try face creams too

lymecline guy here

do you need a prescription for these or what?

I give up anons. My skin gives me terrible mood swings and has made me a recluse shut in, I've tried a bunch of shite, nothing works. I will book an appointment for a dermatologist tomorrow, and if accutane is the solution they offer, fuck it I'll take it. I don't even have 'acne' in the traditional sense anymore, everything's just red and patchy and PIE horrible looking that seemingly won't go away, for years by this point... in hindsight I should've done this from the start, instead of thinking I could buy up some magical concoction of products in an feeble attempt to clear my skin.

Clay mask.

I went on a masturbation binge 2 years ago when I was depressed until my dick skin was burning I would have stopped but I was almost going to finish and it was a Siri (Actress) video and it felt too good so I finished. The next day my skin was burning and erections hurt due to the skin being broken. Once it scabbed over and healed there is a bright pink spot and it's easily noticeable when flacid. How do fix?

my arm skin (and back less so) has looked like this for years. I'm 20, what can I do to fix this shit

i used to have acne issues a teen that cleared up entirely after a round of accutane, but how the fug do i get rid of dark spots on upper back/shoulders? its been years since i had anything other than the occasional pimple on my back and they've gotten better but are p obvious still when you're nearby

vitamin c serum, lactic acid peels, retinoids, most chemical exfoliants. keep in mind pretty much anything (except vitamin c serum) that lightens spots is also photosensitizing so you'll need to wear sunscreen or a shirt with adequate protection or the spots will get even darker and you'll get sun damage.

It's probably your diet

Shaving has a huge impact on your acne and if your acne centers around your moustache/beard areas that's just more evidence towards it being related. Switch to safety razors, they're better and easier than anything else. You can get a cheap safety for up to $30, blades are cheap as fuck as well - you could probably use a fresh blade every shave (no need tho) and still pay less than for some Mach 3 or w/e.
Learn how to prepare your face before shaving for an even smoother ride.

Keep your routine as minimal as possible - I used to have like 4-5 products that I used on a weekly basis, going by description on the packages alone I should have been able to blow up the sun when it reflected off of my face with how protected and glowing soft my skin was supposed to get - instead my skin was meh, not horrible, not great.
In hindsight I was using too many products and my skin just wasn't getting enough time to heal and adjust moisture and pH.
It was a bit counter-intuitive but cutting down to just a daily wash, moisturizer and a weekly exfoliation got me great results.

The guideline for choosing products is keep it clinical, unscented, uncolored and as gentle as possible - the less you fuck with your skin, the less it's going to try and fuck you back.

Beyond that stop touching your face, switch pillow case at least once a week (generally a good idea even if you aren't acne prone).