Relaxed Clothing Thread

This thread is for discussion and appreciation of relaxed fitted clothing.

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/how-to-wear-wide-leg-trousers-menswear-fashion-trends-style-autumn-winter-2017-a7933496.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

More loose than relaxed, but feel it should be posted anyway. Feel free to do the same

Where are those from? Margaret Howell?

Never heard of that name before.
The first one is LOLO
The other two is Nanamica

Sorry my bad, North Face Purple Label. Not Namaica.

Fucking Japan

Yeah sucks that it's not too easy to get these brands here in the West. Guess they're not that popular

Damn lemaire's runway proportions are always 10/10

Give it a few months: independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/how-to-wear-wide-leg-trousers-menswear-fashion-trends-style-autumn-winter-2017-a7933496.html

Been thinking about getting some oversized chinos from a charity shop and cuffing them to make baggy smart shorts, can't afford new clothes at the moment and need new shorts. opinions?

The west has always been playing catch up with eastern silhouette.

chinlet

Yeah I know, I've been digging the relaxed Japanese look since seeing it in Dazed and Confused fucking years back, glad that it's moving a bit more into the mainstream now as I'm not built like a teenager any more.

What do you mean? Are you saying you're much bigger than you were before? Because I've started working out and my general fear is getting too big for this fit.

what shoes are those?

W2c relaxed fit wool overcoat like pic related. Especially the sleeves, which are way too tight on most coats.

Also trifting is not an option for me

Personally don't like the idea of having relax fit top as it looks more boxy then I'll like to see myself. You'll be fine buying any coat from your favorite brand.

Yeah, mainly just wider in the shoulders and a bit taller but it means that I have to wear particular clothes for skinny/slim jeans to not look ridiculous (medium sleeve tshirts, slim fit shirts etc). this look suits a slightly wider build quite well actually, even hides a bit of paunch if your wearing the right top.

coats are always somewhat boxy.

Which is fine and don't want them any more boxy. He's asking for a relaxed fit coat

Where is the best place to cop basic sweatpants like that?

I also feel like turtlenecks could go with this look. W2c turtlenecks?

all of the people in these pictures would look terrible without the expert photography tricking us into thinking they are actually dressed well.

this guy looks like the dude from fairly odd parents

Explain

I'm assuming he means that the clothes themselves aren't that great but they're presented in a way that makes them look better. Which is stupid as fuck because that's the whole point of fashion photos and modelling in general and the true is same of literally any advertising image. Which it would follow that he's railing against the whole western clothes industry, which is really quite a strange thing to be posting on a fashion board.

These numbers don't lie

>Margaret Howell
where i can find similar shirts?

lemaire collab with clarks, they're called wallabees
i have had a pair of the regular ones that i love very much, but these collabs are something else

>Margaret Howell
But it's not Margaret Howell!
Look for any Mandarin Collar shirt, one thing I hate about Strato's models is that they upsize a whole lot to get the looks they want.

Not a mandarin collar, my bad.

CUFF LORD

It's okay, he's Veeky Forums

One of my fav pics

How do i poorfag into this aesthetic? Also why do I like it so much?

w2c pants?

>Also why do I like it so much?
Not sure about you. but I like it because it's cozy. And for my height it's one of the few aesthetics shorter to average height people can pull off
>How do i poorfag into this aesthetic?
Thrift, there's no need to jump into designers if unless you want quantity. Many look can achieved with a slight upsize with some brands

mario man

>And for my height it's one of the few aesthetics shorter to average height people can pull off

yeah i agree. i'm a lanklet and it makes it trickier to pull off

Can I pull this off if I'm fit build?

absolutely, positively not. you've got to go in the other direction entirely

so far this thread is 90% japan/asian

are they the best at this aesthetic?

well the absolute best brands imo for Cozy are yohji and visvim, and they are of course both japanese brands. very expensive though, have to buy secondhand unless you're rich

yeah i'd love one of those kimono jackets but fuck are they expensive

forgot to mention that kapital is also very good with the cozy american stuff

nice, thanks. this is my kinda style

This silhouette comes from Japanese influence, of course they're the best at wearing it.

AYYYY

Also nice quads.

i love ayygirls

Name
As much as I want to, I don't think I can pull this one off.

that's of course old /r9ktheirgirl/ ashley jones who went away

>Buying wider leg pants.

What am I even searching? Relaxed fit?

I don't understand, what?

What is term for searching wider pants? I mostly get jeans and they are very 90's hip hop.

Yeah you're right, you'll probably get the results you're looking for in relaxed fitted jeans.

Seems like this aesthetic only works for thin people.

w2c entire fit on the right

It definitely works on a Skinner body type, but you can have some muscle and pull this off. Just can't be built.

it definitely wouldn't be good on someone who is fat. would just make them look even more fat

I would agree with that
I'm a heavyset guy, I can't go a size up or it looks really bad. I wear comfy clothes cuz my wardrobe was pricey.

That's most aesthetics for better or worse. That said, I think the loose aesthetic can work for bigger guys.

Probably of no particular brand, mostly likely thrifted. Check BDU pants of engineered garments.

red hat white converse gang

>it's one of the few aesthetics shorter to average height people can pull off
care to explain? im short as hell and these types of outfits usually just end up making me look even shorter and stumpier.

How short?

How to get loose pants without ending up in dad jeans?

This is an example of a body that can't pull this off. His face is way to angular

Try something other than jeans

Hell yes you can
The wide everything make it work
(Not if your like Arnold tho but who really is)

I'm worried about my chest. I don't want it to get bigger, but not the point it messes with my drape.

No-one?

jacket id? I need that

5 ft 2 in. I'm not overweight either.

Girl?

How is not a cringe thread

hnng

geez, checked.

It's how the pieces are put and the culture surrounding it