Glasses Thread

As a general guideline, you should choose something that accentuates your face shape. One of the few things Veeky Forums is good at is choosing between different glasses given the right images. So post a picture of yourself wearing different glasses if you want any useful advice.

Other urls found in this thread:

cubitts.co.uk/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is Warby Parker any good?

Recently bought the Otis from them. Not bad at all

Why are 60s glasses so damn cool?

They were on the peak of design

Fashion scrub here, just let me ask: why the FUCK do people love thick ass rims on glasses so fucking much? I don't even like thin rims that much, I prefer rimless a LOT, but thick rims is a sin of uglyness that makes this gay Earth a worse place to live. Is it just a passing fashion thing or am I just crazy? I've used rimless for 10 years and people keep saying it's ugly.

And if I want to give up and get glasses with rims, how the hell do I get one that doesn't look like hot garbage? I've browsed through dozens of stores but on the extremely rare cases I find and acceptable one they happen to be a pair that is uncomfortable as hell. I checked the sticky but it just links to a face shape guide that says "oval shapes are the best because anything goes!" so that was no help at all.

Beaner faggot here. What kind of glasses would look good on me? I'm thinking about wayfarers

go back

The 60s were an optimistic time when people could experiment without fear. Now we're too pessimistic to create great things and too afraid of the few things that we do excel at.

Rimless glasses look like you desperately want to hide the fact that you're wearing glasses but are unable to use contact lenses.

Generally, glasses are actually a good accessory, as long as you get ones that look nice. Rimless glasses aren't an accessory - they don't look good unless you're like 40 years old.

Kek

Isn't there a chart for what kind of glasses you should get in correlation to face shape? This thread reminded me that I actually need to get a new pair.

I genuinely just think they look cooler. Damn it.

Man, at this point I'm considering getting eye correcting surgery, it's better than wearing rimmed shit.

What do you think about these glasses? I kinda like it but i have doubts that it'll look "tryhard fashion neckbeard" to others

w2c these for max $100

also would like to see the info graphic.

Bump

They're tart arnel. Start there, i think tere are multiple replicas of those

thanks user x

Moscot Lemtoshs are the same thing, different brand. Great frames.

Bit pricey, 250 for frames plus lenses.

Eyebuydirectdotcom

Why does Veeky Forums flip my mobile pics all the time wtf.

copped these tom ford tf5371's from pretavoir

i love this "mad men" style 50-60s style

Why do they look terrible on them though?

Will look amazing if you're black or male model tier

Getting these, I love the color.

Thoughts on these? I tried them on at the store and liked how they fit. I would probably go with the tortoise color

W2c cheap glasses?

@12800081
don't sully the face of God by associating it with this shitty ass general on this shitty ass board on this shitty ass website

fuck you saged and reported

I have these, but I should get new lens.

Also, these sunglasses (the black ones)

Just bought sports glasses, am I cool and young now?

Nope
Warby Parker
Zeiss

When switching between sunglasses and regular glasses, should I put the unused pair in a pocket or do I need some kind of sleeve to protect them?

To my UK bois check out cubitts, I've got Herbrand in Olive and I love them.
cubitts.co.uk/

Get a sleeve.

Ted Baker 's glasses are dope, i have it, i bought 3 years ago and still wear it until now

how'd I do?

>wrap

They used the wrong indicator.

Pretty good, just get a better haircut. Desy

w2c Bateman's glasses?

he literally says what they are in the movie you fucking fag

literally just wanna know what brands to get good glasses from. probably nothing above ~350

You don't know how bothering it is when I routinely see fucking threads like this
>w2c x from american psycho
>american psycho this and that

If you'd take the time to actually watch the movie or read the book, you'd know exactly what to look for. He goes into ludicrous fucking detail over the smallest bullshit, I mean, come the fuck on.

not our fault the character is the embodiment of most boards on Veeky Forums

that's not the point. the point is the movie and book deliberately tell you what he's wearing as a key thematic element which is why its so ironic to ask what he's wearing

I agree with you on thick rims, but rimless looks very unfashionable to me. I prefer thin metal rim

>this metal rim
my man
My glasses btw

nice. a shame these are the new hipster glasses soon, but my country is always 2 years behind fashionwise so i'll get some mileage out of them, without being associated with effeminates

I think I can pull them off without looking like a hipster. I dress fairly traditionally and have been called classically handsome, so I think itll be good

Did the maker of this chart just hate oversized glasses?

you lowkey look like river phoenix start emulating him for easy fashion king life

I've just bitten the bullet and got one similar to those. If I'm going to have rims they might as well be thin ones, at the very least.

Reminder that oversized glasses are the ugliest thing of all time

It's just a general rule.

I've had a pair of sunglasses from them for almost two years now and I've very happy with them

Just ordered these from Warby Parker, I know it's the fuccboi look but I think clear frames are dope

completely shit build quality. avoid like the plague.

reminder that oversized glasses are actually the best kind of glasses

What model?

Persol 3007V

o'malley's nub

OP are overpriced bullshit now, maybe back in the late 80's when they founded their faux-authentic brand

vintage american optical is really the only authentic option

clubmasters r deh shyeeeeet

looks better than your pimply ass, fucknut

a little round for me but the color pattern goes well with your hair color

oversized glasses means having to throw down serious cash for prescription lenses, and for those with hyperopia it's straight up not an option.

broke these bad boys a while ago, should i get another pair or go for something different?

I remember I bought my first pair of metal frame glasses as my backup pair and they were round. I ended up never wearing them because I thought they made me look like a huge fucking nerd but after my go-to pair broke I was forced to use them and now I dig the aesthetic.

>fuccboi look
>implying thats bad

I have an oval shaped head and a big jewnose. What shape glasses should I get?