LSD made me hate Fashion

used to be really into it, the whole culture, high fashion, streetwear, runway fashion, fashion theories

went on a 200ug LSD trip and it taught me that so much shit doesnt matter, including fashion

anyone else ever have this sudden epiphany off or on drugs?

no, i used critical thinking

Yes, but then I became an adult.

>off or on drugs

does critical thinking weaken your reading skills?

i watched neo yokio and now im a hikikomori anti capialist who hates the shallowness of fashion.

>went on a 200ug LSD trip and it taught me that so much shit doesnt matter, including fashion

I got stranded on a desert island for 6 weeks...

if anything LSD should increase your appreciation for this. maybe you feel guilt about consumerism and superficiality. personally I had the opposite experience.

how does what they said not answer the question?
>anyone else ever have this sudden epiphany
>no

If your'are story real life., do a greentext

>does critical thinking weaken your reading skills?
i think you need to work on your comprehension skills. Maybe more lsd?

you said taking lsd got you out of fashion. I'm saying most people sit down alone in a room and think about how meaningless most things are.

Most people dont need to take drugs to realize this. You must be 16 or srsly up your own ass and not aware of the world around you

get off your high horse dipshit. you sure as fuck are not too enlightened to the world around you.

not that guy but what is enlightenment? does it exist?

Haha I've had the same thing happen but honestly I like that I have something to focus on while your in reality ya know

>went on a 200ug LSD trip and it taught me that so much shit doesnt matter, including fashion
No shit, ultimately it doesn't matter. But while we're here might as well wear things that look nice.

>off or on drugs
>off or on
>OFF or on

This fucking board gets me so fucking tired sometimes.

I had the exact opposite experience. LSD made appreciate fashion as a form of art.

lol idk.. maybe like continuous awareness of the nature of reality and striving to stay on the a path that accounts for everything around you instead of focusing on selfish goals

woa bro

what is the nature of reality?
>striving to stay on the a path that accounts for everything around
what does this mean?

I get the not being selfish part

go full patagonia

Same dude, but most in life doesn't matter

lol idk what the objective nature of reality is. probably whatever the fuck you think it is and makes you happy.

first, i didn't say I was. Secondly you don't have to be enlightened to understand looking and being cool doesn't matter.

Something similar happened to me (albeit over an extended period of psych use vs a single night). Fashion is still fun, but I'm more concerned with craftsmanship, novelty, and how something makes me feel over the specific designers or trends. In a way, it's made me even more connected with some avant garde stuff, but only as a creative interest.

yeah same, i spent an entire trip watching fashion shows and drawing.

If you're using fashion as a symbol of status, it's obviously superficial. However, If you're using fashion as a means of self-expression, you're participating in some very meaningful parts of life. Celebrating art and connecting with other people.

Lol I remember when I was 15 too. Good times

I would think LSD would provoke the realization everything is subjective and in the mind of the observer rendering fashion both everything and nothing

I took 100ug about 2 weeks ago, I didnt have any crazy realizations or epiphanies that I had heard about. However, I took a new appreciation of fabrics and textures when I was looking at my clothes during my trip.

"adult", on Veeky Forums.

you should always be suspicious of the actual dosage if they are ""street"" tabs. unless you have more experience to compare it to...(i.e. how to know if you really took 100ug)

how long ago did you drop it? The afterglow usually does this to me too.

After a couple days I back to browsing Veeky Forums

greentext your desert story dweeb

lsd made me appreciate fashion more. i like to look good because then i feel good and am more sociable and confident etc, but to each their own

I did about about 10 trips over the last 3 years and I think I "evovled" into a asketic mindset.

I can appreciate fashion and I am a studied designer.
but I somehow don't need to own things anymore beyond a functional necessety.

my wardrobe is like the one of a cartoon character.
I basically look the same every day.
it's still evolving since I replace things when they are worn out but that means like one look every season.

I mostly own plants these days.

I am happier this way.

btw not saying my point of view is in anyway right or better than anything.
just a personal observation that correlates with ops

what I get from it is you're overtly sensitive, and compartmentalize shadows of your identity through your personal style.

Typical drug user stops understanding how they relate to the world and how society is structured.

No actually I was disenfranchised with human society before psychedelics and the change of perspective made me able to empathize with others. Taking drugs can teach you things, but try to make the conclusions AFTER the trip. There's no objective truths so saying shit like "doesn't matter" will always be entirely subjective.

The point is that no one is having this epiphany because almost every human makes this conclusion quite organically, without needing an eureka, cause it's super basic stuff. It's not about whether they're on or off drugs, but it's embarassing that OP needed drugs and thinks it's some sort of epiphany

In related news: LIFE IS MEANINGLESS!!
Its up to you to instill meaning into life.

Fashion is an achievement of human creativity.
Creativity and creative achievement are important human concept and are rightfully celebrated.
Engaging in these can lend meaning to life.

Nothing really matters except for eating, drinking water, and reproducing, so you should just do what you enjoy. I enjoy fashion. There is nothing deep about your "epiphany."

what could be deeper than something that changes how you live your life?

it doesn't need to be "universally" deep, just to the individual

this

damn...
really makes you think...

Losing your legs changes how you live your life, so would you call that "deep?" Making an obvious observation while on drugs and thinking that you stumbled upon. some kind of hidden truth just makes you an idiot.

i looked myself on the mirror, touched my clothes and felt like my fit was 100x better than it actually was.

different people are drawn into fashion for different things.

That thought was probably already in your unconscious thought anyway

Sounds like you tried making a copypasta from that neo yokio show.

Making observations that change your world view whilst under the influence of lsd is what happens with psychedelics, you are given a perspective not normally available to you

What other things do you 'own', it sounds like you've become a minimalist

that sounds smart, tell me more

>Fashion is an achievement of human creativity.
>Creativity and creative achievement are important human concept and are rightfully celebrated.
>Engaging in these can lend meaning to life.

Ding ding ding

Everything you see on LSD was already within your own head. If it helps bring you to a shallow conclusion like 'fashion is meaningless' than you're probably a shallow thinker to begin with.

A more truthful conclusion would be that a lot of the culture that surrounds fashion is bullshit, and that people in the industry and outside of it often place value on the wrong things. Or that fashion is great, but endless pursuit of materialism can render it meaningless.

clearly you still didnt understand it yet. you are just pseudo smart now, like 90% of first time trippers

>I got stranded on a desert island for 6 weeks...
I want this to be real

I took shrooms a couple weeks ago and now I want to be creative and different, fashion is one way to achieve this

>realize nothing really matters
>kill myself
10/10 would do again

>dude just like...dude do some drugs it'll be sweet

When I took psychedelics I realized how badly I wanted to fit in, have a fulfilling and stable lifestyle with a good balance of work, hobbies, friendship and love.
It also made me realize that I didn't need drugs or heavy partying that much in my life.
I also had a similar phase to OPs and saw why people who are drugged on a regular basis stop caring about their looks. I think it's because they become "euphoric" and think that people should judge them based on who they are and not how they look (which is very wrong because people will always do that, even your close friends)
It's been about 3 years now, and I haven't touched any mdma/lsd/2cb etc ever since.
Basic things I know, but it was important things to implement for a 22 year old

Just because it, and lots of other stuff doesn't matter, doesn't mean that it's not worth pursuing. Flex your newfound freedom to pursue your real interests, whether they supposedly matter in the grand scheme of things, or not.

All I ever got from LSD was clinical depression.

imagine someone asking you to consider a question and you give up and give a meaningless copout answer when you realize you're in over you're head for even a second

drugs r good 4 u brah

In the 60s when LSD was in its heyday, the standard/minimum dose was around 250 micograms on a hit/blotter square. It is much much lower today. Also with research chemical vendors everywhere online, many people are sold all sorts of chemicals that are not LSD (why sell, the illegal, hard to find substance when you could sell a quasi-legal, easily obtainable, cheaper/more profitable chemical that your customers wouldn't be able to tell apart from the real thing or simply don't care)

You need to take like 3 tabs to have a moderate effect

Are you in high school?
You don't need to have a fucking epiphany to realize that.
Of course it "doesn't matter" but neither do most things that people do

weird.

LSD made me like fashion more

it helped me understand how emotions are translated through clothing

i take it less seriously now and just wear what i want

its fun

thats because you're too weak

hurtful

You have just had your awakening. Life is much more than common material things. There's more than the paradigms that we lock ourselves into. Life is an adventure. Enjoy it.

this.

Yeah, I've felt the same way. After a while of wearing white tees and jeans you'll start to feel weird and slowly get back into things.

/thread

meaningless anwsers are the only thing ppl on this shit board deserve

I had sever depression episode with roughly that result.

I took some LSD a few hours ago and ended up like this. Help?

for me it was the realization "wow i dont need to spend all this fucking money. fuck this, im just buying basics from here on out and focusing on color combinations"

~you reach enlightenment when you realize that, you have spent your precious time here, seeking enlightenment~

wow you are quite the psychologist aren't you user

sounds like you weren't ever really into it.

>all these people messing with psychedelics but not reading pic related

but true

pick yourself up

>waking up after one acid trip

haha oKaY sUreE

only thing you can get from that is intellectual understanding

you're still missing half of the picture

drink some water

>my fefees
go fuck yourself nihilist teenager cliche

what about if you use fashion as symbol of status on purpose. Nature its pretty clear on this, superior and inferior do exist.

>i got high once and now am more enlightened than you are core
Unironically kys

if you consider only streetwear and that kind of stuff I feel you, its not important at all. For me, fashion is visual art. Art is important. I dont care about trends and the materialistic side of fashion.

being gone off of weed did this to me for like a day

relativity you child

For any of the idiots in hear that think drugs open the mind.
They don't
I've done enough to understand that.
Just cause Dali did drugs to do art doesn't mean he understood any sort of new real perspective.
You are all dumb.
And once you chill for a couple years and stop getting your acid flashbacks you will cringe at that person, just like you cringe at middle school you who listened to disturbed.
The people saying you're an idiot for doing drugs aren't holding them selves high and mighty, you are putting yourself on a pedestal.
>#woke

being this new

>this thread
fucking cringe

I came to a similar understanding during my trip last week while looking at pic related.

It feels good to be human and to have so much control in creating your own emotions

You're absolutely right and it's a great thing to figure out. But... you're on Veeky Forums what the fuck kind of replies are you really expecting?

Yep, pretty much this. And when buying this going for things that will last (preferably a lifetime).

Bullshit. Everyone should do acid once in their lifetime.

Fuck off.

At least 2 or 3 hit trip should be a requirement before holding public office.

you're the one telling people what they should and shouldn't do based on your own extremely limited experience. you should fuck off.

The post that you're responding to is my first post in this thread. I'm only telling you that you should fuck off; I'm not telling anybody what they should and shouldn't do except for you. The only person telling people what they should do is you, assuming that you're the same person that I replied to in the first place.

The post you're responding to is also my first post in the thread, quite the scenario we got ourselves in to didn't we.

this post is equally as guilty, sure we didn't evolve to take drugs; our current society and personal growth is also completely different than as evolved. And drugs sure as fuck do open your mind, the problem is, not always for the better.