How to keep my beard under control

It looks too unkempt and this picture is taken after combing it, using beard oil and beard balm. Nothing seems to keep the weird curl away. I guess my beard is too thick or not soft enough?

Anyway, how to fix it? I want a more uniform and clean looking beard. Should I try a certain product that works really well or let a barber fix it somehow? Or perhaps cut my losses and trim it to a certain length and keep it like that?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qPSA7lrToL0&t=10m02s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

trim it short

It's curly, get used to it.

Fucking trim it. Stop buying into the shitty beard meme that people try and sell you.

Too patchy, shave it. Try again in 5 years to see if you still can't connect it.

It's not patchy, but yea I can't connect it. I'm fine with it tho I just want to control it.

But I'm guessing there's not much I can do about it. Thanks for the replies, guys

Try not gluing your pubic hair to your chin.

Ayy, I've noticed similarities before too but I'm fine with that too

when's the next bombing?

Next eid al-fitr inshallah akhi

Not sure if you can salvage that.
You have almost no hair around you chin. It's all below your jawline, which looks awkward.

What is colloquially known as a "neckbeard"
OP, are you by chance an enlightened atheist who respects women?

I've had acne right there, so I was thinking about getting some cream or whatever. It's probably not going to fix it, my brother has the exact same "issue" but at least I'll have cleaner skin if nothing else.

The whole jawline thing, well it looks better in action than an awkwardly angled selfie, though it would be pretty damn sweet with some growth on my chin.

I've got a pretty similar beard, keep it shorter trimmed.

it needs definition. shave the lower cheek area for a more intentional line
also:
youtube.com/watch?v=qPSA7lrToL0&t=10m02s

ignore mojo cancer, skip to 10min mark

it'll always be curly, but you can keep it neat. get a good pair of trimming scissors and clean up the mess (i.e. stray hairs) at least every other day. keep it oiled and use a badger hair brush before combing.

either go longer or shorter, tho. right now you're at pube length which isn't ideal

Here is what you have to do:

– buy a trimmer and trim it to a uniform length, it doesn't have to be super short but trimming it will make things look a lot better
– completely shave everything on the neck. relax your head and shave down from where the top of your neck begins
– shave a uniform line on your cheeks, dont have your beard too high up your face

this should make things neater and youll look a lot better. pic related looks like a complete tool but if you look at the beard itll help you get the idea. just from experience though, I feel like i look better with a shorter beard or just a 5 o clock shadow

Please trim in, get pic related and get it down to a reasonable length. Or just shave it all off

Stop being amish

TOMAI?

has anyone got any experience with waxing facial hair off at a salon? Considering doing it to prevent my face from breaking out every 2 days and to stay smooth for longer.

If I were you I'd invest in an electric beard trimmer, keep it a fair bit shorter than that, maybe a #6 buzz. The other anons are right about it being too thick around the bottom of your jaw compared to your face. What I did when I was younger to combat that was trimmed the rest of my face slightly more than the moustache so that they were more even. Basically eithet keep it all really short or let the soul patch and stache grow freely while trimming the rest until they match up.

I have your beard, just don't grow it out this long, keep it extremely tight cropped. right now it looks like pubes. been there

shave everything, it looks like shit, its just a literal neckbeard.

this isn't gonna work, its a coping mechanism for people with shitty facial hair in denial trying to make it look good, and it never works.

shave it and try again a couple of years later :(

Try converting to Christianity.