Derby thread

So i've been wearing sneakers my entire life and want to upgrade myself into wearing derby shoes so Veeky Forums do you have any good brand recommendation and maybe insp too?
Fyi i am 23 and wear minimal cloths
>no doc martin please

Other urls found in this thread:

gentlemansgazette.com/derby-shoe-blucher-guide/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fucking legendary, i miss alex's old fits

Interested in this too, bump.

Anyone?

Also interested

What is this jacket called and where do I cop one?

If you want quality buy british heritage brands second hand on eBay. I got a pair of Loake made in England derbies there for 35 quid. Retail is over 200. They appeared brand new, sellers stated that he'd worn them for one occasion.

Brands to look for:
Church's
Trickers
Loake
Cheaney
Grieves and Hawkes
Bally(not UK heritage but still good)
Solovair

Stay the fuck away from Allen Edmonds and other ugly shaped americunt shoes.

good list desu

thanks user.

Any brands you know that do larger sizes? I know lanvin does but Not sure of any others

this is a good list
if you want to drop some $$$ and you want something minimal and less traditional take a look at ann demeulemeester, marsell, guidi, or oficine creative

Long Wool Jersey Cardigan / Coat. Brand in the fit pic is Yohji Yamamoto.

Japanese brands onway. Cheap as shit on any japanese 2nd hand site (probably could get any of these for sub $200 with patience).

1. Mr Olive.
Classic bulky styles that suit minimal clothing looks. Friend of mine owns some, very nice quality.

2. Foot the Coacher.
Well known for collaboration with Takahiro Miyashita, produces high quality, often bizarre footwear.

3. Yuketen.
Very popular for their 'ripple sole' derbies, produce quality classic shoes. Anything that isn't ripple sole goes for pretty cheap.

4. Lad musician.
More cheap & cheerful but some very modern designs, mostly still made in Japan so the quality is decent.

Hope this helps !

That other dude listed a bunch of good English brands, probably better if you want a dress shoe rather than a more casual derby.

But do they come in western sizes?
t. US12/EU45/UK10-10.5 (EU44 in CPs)

Yep, but unfortunately those small feet Japanese don't onsell many in that size.

I'm a size 11 and I've gotten some amazing deals, though English shoemakers might be better for you though since they often aim for a higher size bracket for men, just figured i'd share the brands I like.

what the fuck these are so cool

>Cheap as shit on any japanese 2nd hand site
and then how do you ship it to USA?

3rd party shipping companies. I use FromJapan since they keep costs low and are very reliable. Yahoo / Rakuten advertise services on their site now too but I've ne'er used em.

Hell yeah, love those side laces

thanks man :)

how to use FromJapan sevice?

brought these from cos, did i fuck up?

they're okay

thinking of picking these up as beaters.
yes i realize they're not derbies

he still posts sometimes tho

I like the silhouette, but I'm guessing by the price they aren't well crafted.

id of shoes?

bump

anyone have any experience with viberg?

Chunky Dries derbies with zips

1461 mono.

you need some big wool pants to pull these off properly tho. like house of the very islands, yohji, edwina horl type stuff

BUMPPPPPPPPPP

Bc theres a zipper on the side? No you dont

These are not too bad.

My staple derbies are a pair of Alden Shell Cordovans that I wear scuffed. I do use shoe creme, but I don´t like the polished look too much. My style is similar to OPs pic, but less loose and less white. Also I am a bald man. I really love them because they work well with the more SZý outfits as well as the more "formal and fitted" ones.

nut

I have shoes similar to pic related but can't for the life of me figure out how into casual with them

help me Veeky Forums

what are pants like this called?

Visvim patrician low

Raf chain derbies

Paraboot chambord

Hender Scheme Samidare

Sanders longwings (i.e. Thom Browne without the pull tabs, same factory & all)

Hender Scheme neo monks

Marsèl wooden sole

Andrew McDonald shoemaker

Sanders makes thom browne, they make shoes for many other brands too

Doc Martens 1461.
y/n?
if yes, smooth or carpathian?

help please.

w2c derbies in US 14

No, they're Raf Simons.

Hows the sizing on RW postmans?
I want a pair of derbies I can wear in shit weather without worrying I'll fuck em up

Ugly sole.

Feel bad for you user. I'm size 12, and that can still be a pain to find sizes. 13 is like the biggest most brands go. If you have $$$ get some MTO's.

I kinda like the chunkiness. Wouldn't want it to be my only pair of derbys though.

Anyone own 1461 monos and can help me with sizing? I'm a 9UK in Stan Smiths.

Anyone know a pair with a similar silhouette to pic related?

Is it possible to wear a shoe like pic related unironically?

that's a great fit. navy/black fits are patrician tier

sick, wtc?

tts and very comfy. I wear them for work and I'm on my feel all day.

monos are tricky just try them in a store

>and I'm on my feel all day

they look fine
pair with black cropped slim jeans, black socks white dress shirt and either a tight black sweater or an oversize navy one like

you can't even wear it even ironically.

do they have fake welt

damn that sucks.

Made a post earlier, but only brand I know so far that goes to my size is Lanvin

ann dememelmerseteurmem like 2 seasons ago

Docs usually run big but the Monos are built on a slimmer last so theyre more true to size

wow that's an amazing fit

Size down half if you can, the leather does expand. I went TTS and they are a bit too big

How is it so hard to get a simple pair of black derbies yet one can get boots for a similar price (~$200) easily?

berlutti

>Lad Musician
quality fluctuates a LOT, wouldnt recommend for shoes desu unless you're happy with taking a big chance on Zara quality

>Foot the Coacher
Own 3 pairs of their shoes. Excellent brand

>Looks like shit my dad wears
>Cool

not derbies

why

Your dad must be effay as fuck.

He's blind, those definitely are derbies

>there is only one way to wear those shoes

fuck people who only consume fashion through a computer screen are fucking retarded

Well they only come in full sizes so I guess I'm stuck with a 9. I'll have to try them on I suppose.

the only other wild card is if they were Bluchers.
but the difference is so subtle, gentlemansgazette.com/derby-shoe-blucher-guide/

I have these from the last conspiracy pretty comfy
and you can always get them on sale

do you have any fitpics with them?

I want to get these so bad, but I can never find them on sale. Where are some good places to look?

Yes. They look like walmart dress shoes.

viberg is top quality, if you have the money or find them cheap go for them. one of those brands that despite being a bit of a meme is imo very good

good to know, thanks for the info! i actually found a pair for sale that the guy claims retailed for like 1100$, but he's selling them for ~300$, they're cordovan shell with a dainite sole