ITT: historically accurate video games

ITT: historically accurate video games

Other urls found in this thread:

battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Battlefield_1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Zeppelins
lemonde.fr/pixels/article/2016/06/13/on-a-essaye-battlefield-one-le-jeu-video-qui-fait-revivre-la-premiere-guerre-mondiale_4949081_4408996.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_term=Autofeed#link_time=1465804950
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Black people were the most important members of the war
>Stupid cape thing
>A fucking mace
>American solider wielding German pistol
OP's pic is not related.

Kill me please.

My ancestor didn't sacrifice their sanity on the battlefield to be represented in videogames by black people.

>implying blacks didn't fight in WW1
/pol/ pls go

Yes, Trench Maces were a thing.

So is stealing small arms from both sides.

CQC weapons by inflitration teams were highly irregular. Nobody issued "mark I, mace" you built that shit on your own or paid the rear echelon blacksmiths to make them for you.

How about we depict an average WW1 soldier through the minority that comprised only 0,05% of the ranks from that period :). While simultaneously neglecting the 8 million french soldiers and 20 million russian soldiers :). High five :).

>the vast majority of historical war games have white protagonists
>one has a black protagonist
>his race probably won't even be important
>get butthurt

There are already three threads about this same game.

I'm actually more triggered by them using a murrikan dindu instead a proper french/english colonial soldier.

Why the fuck is the protagonist American in the first place?

>a fucking mace.
That was just the start...

Raiders and German Stormtroopers carried all sorts of CQB weapons in raids, shovels, clubs, unfixed bayonets, knives, pistols, sacks of grenades, knuckle dusters, flails,and whatever, alongside shotguns, pistols, and the first SMGs.

Nobody carried the standard issue weapons on such raids, they are long and got in the way.

Let it be known then that I would have been equally appalled had it been a white american soldier. What most pains is that Americans are appropriating this European war for themselves, by inserting one of its own as the propagandist, and are perpetuating this myth of America as the deciding factor of the war. And so staining the mémories of all the dead french and russian soldiers, that won't even be playable entities.

> Caring about appropriation
Go be tumblr somewhere else the game looks dope

>millions of whites die for their country in a retarded war
>but let's make it about niggers :-)

According to battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Battlefield_1 France will be included tho.

>Americans are appropriating this European war for themselves

>implying anyone wanted to be in your idiotic European wars

Europeans are fucking retarded and twice now have needed the US to save you, even now you rely on NATO (read: America) to defend you from Russia

>France isn't a playable faction
>Italy is

America being prioritized I can understand, that's to be expected. But Italy? Now that's just a big "fuck you" to France.

Who gives a shit.

A black protagonist isn't 'making it about niggers' it's just a black protagonist.

Like said using an American is retarded either way.

>Russia
>gets its ass kicked for a while
>defeats itself

It's catering to Americans. Americans became insanely buttblasted the last time a Battlefield game didn't involve them. Huge forum posts about that they, in fact, were part of the game because it's more believable that the US joins the EU than someone making a game without Americans.

>muh cultural appropriation

Its a work of fiction m8s and not meant to honor the fallen in WW1

More like America depends on NATO to contain Russia.

It's not like it would make a difference to us if they swallowed some Eastern shitholes.

What one was that?

I lmike how the most important allied country wasnt included
But heh, gotta make room for those black guys!

>America depends on NATO

>Europeans
>dependable in wars

oh i am laffin

>France isn't a playable faction
Are you retarded or do you just lack a basic knowledge of weapon and vehicles during WW2?

So far we've seen Germans, UK, US, France, Ottoman, Russia and Italy.

Battlefield 2142. Sold like shit in the US.

>no Siamese campaign

Why is this allowed?

>Britain
>Beat Argentina, one of the more successful Latin American countries

>Ameriga
>Lost to Cuba

nah it was for inbred European aristocrats and over who got shitty Alsace-Lorraine

noble sacrifice amirite

Crossing my fingers for this to be true.

Frenchies are such apatriotic fellows nowadays that they'd not even have the will to boycott the game in retaliation. They'll throw themselves at the game in spite of it litterally spitting in their face and that of their ancestors.

Those instances where you believe you've seen french soldiers seem to be italian, from how I've interpreted the trailer. Italians simply imitated the now-famed the Adrian helmet, and so resemble us.

You can see it by how they're in green uniform, rather than in the typical french grey-blue colors.

>appropriating
check the url bruh. this is Veeky Forums

AYO

HOLD

Verdun exists for you shitposters.

I should have been more specific; they haven't shown any french soldiers but they've shown the french Renault FT so the frenchies are in the game.

SO YOU BE SAYIN
*loads Enfield*
WHAT YOU BE TRYIN TA SAY IS
*gets put in segregated unit*
THAT WE NIGGAS
*chokes on mustard gas*
HOL UP SO YOU SAYIN
*serves in support role*
WHAT YA'LL ALLIED NIGGAS BE SAYIN
*defeats Kaiser Wilhelm*
THAT WE
*creates rhineland bastard*
WE WAS SOJERS N SHIET?

>but they've shown the french Renault FT

With a big-ass bong roundel on it.
Apparently, France was only a weapon manufacturer and battlefield provider during WWI, according to (no) Dice.

Danm, you hust copy pasted what you said in the /int/ thread.

they literally said they were going to tell lesser-known stories. i'm sorry this triggers your autism but it doesn't contradict the point of making the game

Lmao, actually im not that guy but I did indeed copy paste his post :^)

>EA
>implying all that won't be dlc :^)

Alright thanks! I had presumed that that was a british tank, given that there were british soldiers to its side.

twice nigga what you on about?

the ft was used by other allies as well

>errybody gets SMGs
>accurate

I was hoped for this game but now I am just disappointed.

There are NO plain bolt action rifles. None. The only bolt actions you can get are all Sniper rifles and all come with a scope.
Every other weapon is one that was historically very rare or not even used but just invented, early semi autos and smgs.
The machine guns are just assault rifles, i wasn't expecting a high degree of realism but they are quite literally just assault rifles that look different, they dont even slow you down.
The tanks are fucking zooming around at 20mph and get destroyed by 3 grenades, i thought they were meant to be slow lumbering beasts.

Oh and another thing, even the semi autos the medics get, all come with scopes for some reason.

WHY

I'm more disappointed there won't be a french rock dlc. I was really looking forward to boning huns with a hunk of alsace lorraine.

>WW1 was about le bad ass American niqqa killing evil white bois

Leave it to Sweden to make a WW1 game about their cuckold fantasies.

>>Black people were the most important members of the war
>one black character
>game is suddenly about black people
You're no better than the people who think that a movie is racist because it has a white cast

Nice, soon France will be erased from history entirely.

>it's a "/pol/cucks chimp out" episode
>again

Yes actually America does depend on NATO. It's the only thing keeping Russia from getting more involved in the eastern european shithole NATO members.

What was the pick for?

>soon France will be erased from history entirely.
Their fault to be honest. Just like Germans who will soon erase their national identity out of fear of being compared to nazis

Since "British" is in the filename I assume picking food from the gaps in their teeth.

Exactly.

If the French weren't such cucks, Ubisoft would have made the Assassin's Creed game about the American Revolution without America. Just France fighting Britain instead.

French people are patriotic as fuck.

One time I was on holiday in the pub and some lad had La Marseillaise as his ring tone and everyone stood up for it. He didn't take the call, just let it ring and stood up.

Yeah that shit never happened.

French history classes are just "why France is bullshit and how it's responsible for all the crimes in history".

How exactly is a Swedish/American game France's fault?

The French people I've met seem to like their country.

>Patriotic Europeans Against the Islamisation of the West (Occident) (German: Patriotische Europäer gegen die Islamisierung des Abendlandes), abbreviated PEGIDA or Pegida, is a far right political movement[3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11] founded in Dresden in October 2014 that aims to resist what it sees as a threat posed by Islamic extremism, Islamisation[12] and calling for the enforcement of existing laws to curb immigration, particularly for Muslims who it views as refusing to integrate.[13][14][15] Offshoots of Pegida have been formed in various countries.
>The Alternative for Germany (German: Alternative für Deutschland, AfD) is a right-wing populist[13][14][15] and Eurosceptic[16][17][18][19] political party in Germany. Founded in April 2013, the party won 4.7% of the votes in the 2013 federal election, narrowly missing the 5% electoral threshold to sit in the Bundestag. In 2014 the party won 7.1% of the votes and 7 out of 96 German seats in the European election, and subsequently joined the European Conservatives and Reformists (ECR) group until its exclusion in April 2016. As of March 2016 the AfD had gained representation in eight German state parliaments (of sixteen). The party is currently led by Frauke Petry and Jörg Meuthen.

>Blacks "wiz here n shit AYOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
>French and Serbians are forgotten

Meanwhile, I'm wondering if biplanes of that era went after zepplins regularly, or if they went after Zepplins at all.

Instead of focusing on balloon-busting (which had much bigger potential to be one of their "giant vehicles of importance" and would still be historically accurate), they went for the zepplin, the battleship and the giant Mark 1 Tank.

So I actually have a question. Did the air forces of that era manage to launch a successful air attack on a zepplin? It seems impossible and Hollywood as fuck.

Seriously, what's with the cape?

Because muh quota.

Yes.

The Harlem Helljumpers would hate the fuck out of you and your ilk.

>French and Serbians are forgotten
everyone forgets the fucking serbs m8

Oh no, trust me, we were really disappointed by this

>Did the air forces of that era manage to launch a successful air attack on a zepplin? It seems impossible and Hollywood as fuck.
yes, several
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Zeppelins

>idiots saying the black soldiers a South African
fuck off, only a tiny number of blacks volunteered (in an attempt to win favour from the whites ruling) and they were not permitted to fight as it was a Europeans war. They helped dig trenches and build infrastructure and were housed in separate camps, same as the boer war

...that's school, lad

"LE WHITE MEN R EVIL OLY SHIT MUH SLAVERY ONLY COMMITED BY EVIL WHITE BOIS BLACKS WERE DA FIRST VICTIMS COLONIALISM BAD BAD HITLER MONSTER"

Theu really really suffered, I feel bad for them

Je suis français aussi couillon et personne n'a levé la parole de mon côté c:

Quelle bande de cocus

>Frenchies are such apatriotic fellows nowadays
>The only country in western Europe with a successful patriotic party
I hope you're American otherwise it's ridiculous to say this

Yet a lot of people think they wuz evil fascists

No, France has been confirmed as not is the game, and maybe future DLC by the press.

I hope you read frog.
lemonde.fr/pixels/article/2016/06/13/on-a-essaye-battlefield-one-le-jeu-video-qui-fait-revivre-la-premiere-guerre-mondiale_4949081_4408996.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_term=Autofeed#link_time=1465804950

>No, France has been confirmed as not is the game, and maybe future DLC by the press.
mfw it's true

They like their country but they dislike some historical figures that actually contributed a lot to the country.

Try telling the average Frenchman that Napoleon did a lot of good for France and Europe, or that Napoleon III was a good domestic ruler. They will discard your opinion with "muh wars" "muh Sedan" and start praising their god emperors Mitterand and Louis XIV.

>Getting mad at Harlem Hellfighters
why?

Because an irrelevant diversity regiment is included in the stead of France and Russia, two of the four major players of that war

>and Louis XIV.

Never understood this meme
This dude was one of the most tyrannical ruler France had (thousands more times than Napoleon), he started countless wars of aggression (when Napoleon mostly fought in self defense) yet he's remembered as a great king while Napoleon is seen as a dictator

How are they irrelevant?

Average Frenchie loves Napoleon (I), tho

>7% of the vote

I was about to say "yea, we're cucked" then I remember a very...honorable leftist user would post this kind of picture

Not the left wingers I've met anyway. Even some conservatives dislike him because of "muh monarchy".