Yo Veeky Forums going on a trip to NY starting tomorrow. What thrift stores should I hit up?

Yo Veeky Forums going on a trip to NY starting tomorrow. What thrift stores should I hit up?

Other urls found in this thread:

yelp.com/biz/no-relation-vintage-new-york
youtube.com/watch?v=N5NhR9_HTl8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

tokio 7

Don't come to NY man. I don't want to see your dumbass trying to show off "good fits" when you look like a damn clown that obviously can't fit in

Suprem,Bape,BBC

I agree. Keep your filthy fuccman GAP wearing ass out of our beautiful city. It's already packed to the brim with shit wearing plebs, it sure af doesn't need another one.

Oh ok I'll stay home then thanks for the epic roast funny boys made me XD

Yes
I agree that you should tit up

i feel like I'm the only person from NY that thinks our thrift stores kind of suck.

They're definitely better than shit from a lot of midwestern states. But I've been to much better in Southern states

2nd avenue store called "No Relation"

yelp.com/biz/no-relation-vintage-new-york

ironic gym tees, military/leather/denim jackets, ridiculous shirts, good deals on leather shoes.

you welcome.

Our thrift stores are shit tier, but if you must. There's

>eleven. Tries to pass itself as upscale but a lot of stuff there looks like it belongs on a stuffy old Jew from the upper east/west side. Rarely find something nice but a bit pricy. Staff is very rude and unhelpful but if you don't care about that like I don't then be my guest
> which has several locations around the city. They always have something good there. More upscale
>buffalo exchange. Shit tier and a lot of clothing that even the gayest cuckiest hipster probably wouldn't wear. But very rarely you will find something nice there. You just have to look through loads of shit to find it. Last time I was there I found brand new with tags Roberto cavalli jeans for $30

>pic is ina's Chelsea locations. One of many

2nd greentext arrow I meant to say ina. Ina is the one with many locations

30 HOWARD ST, NEW YORK, NY 10013

CHEERS,
R

Much obliged. I'm coming from East Tennessee, so I'm sure my little bumpkin ass will be right impressed.

30 howard st is actually... NVM

please go there lmao

FUCK I wanna live in a place like New York so bad. Just a huge place that I can get permanently lost in and where interesting shit actually happens and I can feel like I belong because it's full of other transplants so I'm not the odd man out for not having lived there my whole life. Why do the living conditions have to be so wretched and expensive I just wanna feel at home somewhere goddamn.

You sound like a tremendous nu-male cuck townie with no chill. Kys and leave urban areas for people that have a reason to be there

You sound like someone who uses the term "nu-male" unironically so uh

Anyone from or visited Boston? Gonna be there for a week coming up and was wondering which, if any, stores to hit up.

i mean its possible to live in NYC, but not Manhattan. You may have to live in in brooklyn, and i don't mean williamsburg, bushwick, or greenpoint and even then itll still be somewhat expensive so you'll need a roommate.

Dunno where you are from or where exactly

Thrifting in major cities isn't very thrifty. The best stuff is usually picked over by local Veeky Forumsgs and retailers who can visit stores frequently, and the shops with consistently good shit price their stuff accordingly. At least that's my experience with NYC SF and LA. As far as second-hand goes, West Coast at least has Wasteland, which is basically an IRL grailed. Anyone know a NYC equivalent?

But ya, if you're not looking for designer thrift/vintage finds, you'll probably find cooler shit out in the country.

Haha I actually just got back from a trip to Boston last weekend wherein I went to a couple thrift stores, namely Thrive and Buffalo Exchange, both on the same street in Somerville. They were aight. Both fairly expensive for a lot of items.

I'm from Madison, Wisconsin as of the last year or so, and the middle of nowhere before that. I just don't think New York is in the cards for me honestly, I'm too accustomed to living in a comfortably large space that I don't pay half of my salary for.

Thrift stores in queens are good, like the woodside, ridgewood, Astoria areas

>I'm from Madison, Wisconsin as of the last year or so, and the middle of nowhere before that. I just don't think New York is in the cards for me honestly, I'm too accustomed to living in a comfortably large space that I don't pay half of my salary for.

word, do me a favor my dude and watch this and figure out if you actually want

Doesnt matter what you think of the dude just watch it the vid

youtube.com/watch?v=N5NhR9_HTl8

bump

calm down edgelord

Thanks for the video.

Honestly I don't know if I want it enough to deal with the huge upheaval and rearrangement of my entire life that it would require to move in and live in New York. Maybe if I wasn't tied down, didn't want a dog, etc.

L train vintage is great and extremely cheap
There's this other one called "no relation" or "unrelated" or something along those lines. Also just keep an eye out thrift/vintage stores are pretty common, especially in Brooklyn. Don't get fucked though, there are plenty of stores selling shit that's way marked up

Louisianafag here(new orleans soecifically); thrift stores 'round these parts are pretty bad

There's a church thrift store in Cambridge right near Harvard Square. It's small and cheap but very good selection, would highly recommend. The goodwill in Cambridge more down by MIT isn't bad either