Do you actually spend tons of money on your clothes?

Do you actually spend tons of money on your clothes?

All my shit costs less than 40 bucks, shirts usually 25. At most I'd spend 50 bucks tops on shoes. But I have like 30-35 shirts and 7 pairs of pants and shoes.

My only "expensive" stuff is the shitty suit I wear everyday for work.

I thrift 90% of all my stuff the rest is good sales. Haven't spent more than 100 leafbucks on anything.

I try not to buy anything that's not on sale unless I really need it and I also don't usually spend more than like $10 for a tee or $60 tops for shoes or jeans. I think the most expensive thing I own is a $200 Fjallraven jacket that was half off at that price.

I never pay retail. Mostly get my shit from consignment stores, the store I work in(get 50% off all current season, 75% off for older seasons), depop, grailed, sample sales, ebay and shit I find.

Most my stuff is made in Europe quality shit in natural materials(wool, silk, linen, cotton, leather, etc).

Probably the most expensive article of clothing I bought was a $80 parka off of Grailed. Ive bough trail runner for something under $150 but thats more for practical purposes. All of my shirts are under $30 and half are thrifted.

half of my closet is designer bs and the other half is more affordable basics. been buying more cheap stuff than expensive stuff lately tho
the only area i try to spend a decent amount on all the time is shoes. i've never had a cheap pair of shoes that lasted an acceptable amount of time so i try to only buy stuff that is at least a hundo dollars or so.

I have a capsule collection:

$900 Cashmere sweater
$1200 Dress shirt in Grey
$1300 Dress shirt in Black
$400 Dress shirt in White
$200 Denim pants
$500 Tuxedo pants
$2 Walmart Sandals
$300 Leather sneakers
$100 Canvas Sneakers
$300 Leather boots

Looking back? I regret a lot of it only because I bought it all at a point in where I honestly had no place to be buying $1000+ shirts, and I would NEVER recommend such a thing to most people

Compliment game is fucking outrageous, though

(almost) never pay retail, but I still rarely pay less than £100 for an item of clothing, but I have a small collection and only buy one or two things a month.

why have we had multiple of these threads every day since the beginning of time

show me these goddamn shirts

Well I bought timbs full price bc I heard they last well through winters and age well, but they haven't broke in yet so painful to walk too long in. Already giving me calluses. I used dubbin on them once and hit em with a hairdryer while I wore them, but still stiff and that sucks cause but hopefully it's a sign they are a quality shoe.
Otherwise I mostly thrift, buy pre broken in boots from second hand shops, buy certain pieces online for the lower cost, buy shit on sale or only if really needed, shop around for cheaper alternatives, etc.

Those really have to be some incredible shirts, like shooting lasers from the buttons etc

I consider it expensive, but in reality it's not that bad considering the lifespan of my wardrobe.

I don't really buy based on trends, everything I own is pretty well time-tested classic so I wear things until they start to fall apart.

I'd say in general, most of my casual wardrobe lasts around 4 years, dress shirts and ties last more like 3 years, suits last about 5 years, and shoes last more like 2 years.

Adjusted for time, it's really not that bad. About $1000-2000 on clothes per year for both dress and casual.

nah, they're just Ann D and RO shirts I paid retail for. The fit is really superb, but as I said, I sort of regret buying them all, especially since the ones I have sell for like $600-$900 now

Lol you guys are all poor i rock gucci amd louie all day

Ehh.
If the fit is really superb it's hard to regret too much, I imagine.

You could get the same fit with relatively inexpensive made to measure, but I don't imagine you could get quite the same look or feel.

Nobody cares, RiceGum.

Post fit.

I'll pay full retail sometimes, but most of my clothes come from the Muji clearance rack.

My rent is pretty high and then most of my money goes to music related stuff.
I dont like to buy expensive clothes because then it feels bad if they get ruined. Have this habit from childhood because used to get into lots of fights.

I mostly wear black or turtleneck and pants from Uniqlo at work.
For free time I have a mix of Our Legacy and Ami basics and used Dries Van Noten and Undercover flashier stuff. Earn quite a lot as an online shop developer, but rarely go outside and work alone so have no reason to flash out at job.