RIP Supreme

>Supreme is reportedly close to selling a stake to the Carlyle Group, an asset management and investment firm founded in Washington D.C. in 1987.
>At the moment, details on the sale are scarce but WWD is reporting that the deal is close to completion. This isn’t the first time that Supreme has been at the centre of buy-out rumors, with Louis Vuitton parent company LVMH claimed to be behind a $500 million USD takeover last year, although that was unanimously denied.

RIP Supreme, get out while you still can.

This is the main image on the Carlyle Group page, they totally seem like the kind of dudes that can tell you the future of the hottest street brands out there!

why would that be happening though?
the company is doing better than ever, they just opened a new store and the rate they sell their shit is absolutely bonkers and pretty unique for fashion company

you do realize some company owning a share of supreme wouldn't mean the head honchos of the company start using their time to design clothing right?

>Implying that supreme didn't died along time ago
Who cares, supreme is dead, everyone will make money

I was only joking a little with the thread. Real talk, it's probably just an injection of investment to be able to open more stores worldwide (investment firms are usually used to lean on as they know how to operate in certain countries) and do things like build bigger warehouses/hire more staff to get orders out quicker. Like something selling out in literally 7 seconds does nothing for the brand. They could pump a bunch of money into doubling or even tripling the production of some items and they'd still sell out. At worst it could mean things like the Hanes tshirts appearing in actual chain stores but the core company will stay the same.

>They could pump a bunch of money into doubling or even tripling the production of some items and they'd still sell out.
nah
you have no idea how the brand operates, this kinda shit would come around and bite them in the ass soon enough
And I don't really know about all this either
> it's probably just an injection of investment to be able to open more stores worldwide (investment firms are usually used to lean on as they know how to operate in certain countries) and do things like build bigger warehouses/hire more staff to get orders out quicker
When they already have bunch of stores around the world

11 stores.
They have 11 stores. It's not that much.

It's not that much but 11 stores around the world is probably enough experience to not need some company to tell them how to open the 12th one

They have 6 stores?

There's 6 stores alone in Japan, 3 in the US, 1 in London and 1 in Paris. It's pretty much nothing for a brand as big as these. I've heard they've wanted to open a Berlin store for a while now.

Oh, 6 in Japan my bad.

Not arguing it's a low number. Just wasn't aware of the amount of stores in JP. Where did you hear about Berlin?

It's the kind of thing that's been mentioned in the rumour instagram accounts for a while. The kind of pages that somehow get info on collabs months in advance with seemingly no sources.

Good it was dead years ago

Are you all blind? The creators want a pay day. I would sell this fucker in a heart beat. I don't care I would rather be rich than have a hype beast fashion line for internet rappers

An investment group is not going to understand/like why Supreme only releases 500 t-shirts if they could make 50.000 and still sell them for quite some money.

>you have no idea how the brand operates

Please enlighten us.

I cant see a reason for selling their shares besides (i) capital injection / expertise; or (ii) creaters wanting to cash in - which is the most sensible thing to do, imo, since the hype around the brand has never been bigger.

What is there to understand? Supreme turned "strictly commercial" ages ago; if they could 1000x their production and still sell out what is the problem? The brand is already worn by the biggest retards (hypebeasts), its not as if it could turn worse. Most probably, if goods are more accessible, chances are there will be less resellers making money out of it.

Same exact thing people said about THLA ten years ago

supreme was literally never good lol
>dude branding lmao

test

Supreme is a shit brand. They are running on the hype of celebrity endorsement and trust fund kids with more time and money than sense.

Are you stupid? Anyone can understand exactly why Supreme keeps the stock low.

Honestly what celebs wear Supreme these days? Most rappers don't, Tyler hasn't in years. I know Chris Brown is a big fan but that's fucking Chris Brown. It was a lot more popular years ago with celebrities.

you're a fucking idiot...

Yeah, it's not like they hire the right eyes to make a viable business product right? Fuccbois will eat anything up coming out of Zumies anyway...

Nice Supreme is going to be sold in Zumiez where it was supposed to be for poser skaters and children

Now let the adults and real skaters shop at Palace
I'm going to kill myself if Palace becomes the new supreme though

honestly i just want them to open more locations in the us

a chicago location could be nice

think im gonna start selling my collection and move on to something else this is basically a sign that its going the way of bape

safe move
this is what killed bape
killed helmut lang
killed margiela

This so much. It's just producing limited quantities of shit, jacking the price up 500% because it's "exclusive" despite the build quality not being significantly better. It'd be okay if their designs were unique or original, but it's just shit with a logo slapped onto it. Brandwhoring at its peak.

>jacking the price up 500%
that's not the brand doing that
that's teenage chubby filipinos

if you ever had anything by supreme that you genuily didn't like then you are a hypebeast. I have only 1 pair of pants from there. Because their pants are god tier and Im never selling em. Also buying shit from supreme that has crazy/trendy designs is never a good idea

i have a lot of graphic tees and collab pieces that probably wont be cool if supreme becomes mallcore. thats to me personally at least since im not a huge fan of wearing what everyone else wears.

supreme graphic tees aren't and wont become mall core but they aren't anything special either. better sell that shit now

also hundreds if not thousands of people have the same exact supreme graphic tees. collab or not. you aren't really that special mate. I dont know where you're from but here in NYC that shit is worn by either skateboarders literally skate for supreme or hypebeasts aged 12-30 something years old.

the chances of someone wearing the same supreme shirt as i am on any given day is pretty small right now but think about a place like urban outfitters. im sure you have been on a college campus and seen the same clothes on a lot of different people from stores like that.

who says theyre cool now?

all up and coming rappers

Supreme isn't that expensive( comparing to those meme brands that sell gildan for 300 bucks) the high prices are the resell thing. They ask alot of money because someone is willing to pay up to 5k for a t-shirt with a logo on it.

based idubbbz single handedly killing a cancer brand
now if only he could do the same to CDG and SLP

Supreme graphic tees are already the second most basic mallcore shit behind h&m tees you dumb homo

Miami store when

Hype beast fashion related is fucking cancer and disgrace to fashion anyway, so im glad this happen

I was just in Paris, I literally saw a group of 12 year olds in Thrasher hoodies all holding Supreme bags. That and some teenagers with Supreme stuff on.

Does anyone know the actual product run for their clothes? Just curious.

Get fucked Americuck brand

sell out / sell out / sell out / get out / sell out / sell out / sell out / sell out / get out / get out / sell out / get out / sell out / get out / sell out / sell out / sell out / sell out / sell out / sell out / get out / sell out / sell out / get out / sell out / sell out / sell out / get out / sell out / sell out / sell out / sell out / get out / get out / sell out / get out / sell out / get out / sell out / sell out / sell out / sell out / sell out / sell out / get out / sell out / sell out / get out /

Nigga wut, Supreme selling a stake is to get immediate cash for expansion. Carlyle Group is an investment firm, they're putting in shitloads of money expected to get it back. They're not for management advice or whatever you seem to think it's for.