What is it with pulling your pants so high up your waist?

what is it with pulling your pants so high up your waist?

go to nyc-looks and every other pic is a guy or gal with pants above his or her waist

Other urls found in this thread:

nyc-looks.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they're called high rise pants

All those examples are pretty bad.

Anyway, the point is that it emphasizes the difference between your upper and lower body, and if you're a man that can be used to make your chest appear broader. It stresses the slimness of your waist (provided you aren't a fattie like in those pics) and if you're a woman, it makes your hips and butt stand out more because they aren't being horizontally bisected by a low-rise waistline.

Ugly hipsters wear it because they think it's inherently goofy and they like dressing goofy (when in fact it looks bad on them because being ugly will automatically make your fit look ugly)

Attractive people wear them because they know it emphasizes their assets.

That being said, they look a lot better on people who have a longer torso.

kind've funny because the pic you posted she pulls it off well IMO. would make awkward sexual advances toward

It gives the illusion of a much thinner waist for women

but it doesn't work if you're fat

if you're fat, it only makes it more obvious

>he doesn't remember a time before low rise pants
is Veeky Forums's userbase really that young?

>implying having your asscheeks spilling out of the back of your pants is somehow the superior choice

>making up rules/guidelines and pulling shit out of your ass to substitute for a straightforward answer
posts like this make me irrationally angry

I'm making basic, obvious observations

Everything I said is not only true, it's also easily verifiable.

Just stating facts.

>Ugly hipsters wear it because they think it's inherently goofy and they like dressing goofy (when in fact it looks bad on them because being ugly will automatically make your fit look ugly)
read this again and tell me it isn't PURE subjectivity

i'm making the basic observation that most of what you're writing is completely falsified reddit infograph-tier rubbish

That's clearly above her waist... and yes I know the difference between hips and waist.

It's a fact.
How sheltered do you have to be to even consider the opposite?

sounds like you've got a massive chip on your shoulder, lad, and that you were angered by the word "hipster" more than by anything else.

t. scandi minimalist cucks

btw, what's the source for these? some Sartorialist like site? Tumblr?

Tallbro here

I wish I could wear pants that fit at true-waist.

It's comfy.

But it looks like shit.

its actually true, except that part that being ugly makes the fit ugly. ugly is one thing, fat is another.

>go to nyc-looks
figured people knew what nyc-looks.com/ was

ahahahaha shit.

this shits tight

You're the type of person that needs them the most

>what are high-rise pants

Didn't it ever occur to you that it makes the most sense to design pants to cinch above the hips because the greater width of the hips holds the pants up?

yea thats what you innately try doing as a guy, but the pants crush your balls, so you dont. if manufactures made primarily high rise pants more guys would be wearing them

These are horror examples, but it's hot as fuck if she's fit and the pants are skintight

Holy fuck

not a fan of communism.