New

I've designed a new vest. I've just began as a designer, and of course I have a lot of room for improvement. Reddit already tore it all apart so I can't wait to see what Veeky Forums has to say

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/streetwear/comments/74rg24/just_got_done_making_my_new_vest_i_designed
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Looks like you're wrapped in a comfy ass pillow.

Would not wear it but it's not ugly
I see potential in this vest

I'm not an expert on fashion but I like it - it's clearly avant garde but at the same time still pretty wearable IMO. you should be proud of your work.

The "puffs" look saggy and poorly constructed as if they don't have enough down stuffed inside of them. A few of them also appear to be somewhat crooked. I don't think white was a great color choice. There's a reason you don't see a lot of white down vests or coats because of the resemblance to the Michelin Man. I would have used a very dark earthy color, but that might make it look too Rick inspired.

Thank you! I appreciate It! I'll be designing more and more to come.

This was hardly even a prototype. I already have a list of things to be improved, and I agree with everything except the Michelin man part. I think it's silly to remove white as a potential puffer jacket color because of the connotation.

Forgot to say thank you for your input! I appreciate all legitimate input even negative.

out of curiosity, what subreddit did you post this on? male fashion advice?

Do you have a link to the reddit thread?
Was it inspired by the Maison Martin Margiela duvet coat?

It looks like you applied the tricky injection too much. Those laces bother me and the shoe doesn't fit with the rest much besides the color.
Also what said and that the collar looks too open to warm the neck.
Personally i think it looks ugly as fuck but that doesn't matter as i'll not use it.

Yes! reddit.com/r/streetwear/comments/74rg24/just_got_done_making_my_new_vest_i_designed

Wow you're good. I'm surprised that you made the connection. I love the concept of avant garde minimalism, and a duvet coat is that. It's so simple in construction but so different. I'll be using the basic duvet format for some other coats, and plan on putting sleeves on them. This was the first. Crazy to think the first of anything is going to be mindblowing! I know I have a lot to work on, but I'm still super super happy with how far I've come.

Come on man did you really think at any point I cared about how warm my neck was going to be when creating this?

I don't know but it is something i noticed and thought it was important enough to express.

ahaha this guy got salty as fuck

is this rick owens

How did you make it?

I actually think the look is really well put together, I don't have anything else to say that hasn't already been said here.

I really like the look from the back, but if you tightened it up a bit and pulled it in it would look much more professional.

less clean rick owens ripoff

You either have degenerate aesthetic sensibilities, want to smuggle your way into the fashion industry by catering to like degenerates, or both (Rick Owens).

I hope I wasn't too negative, the fact that you're designing and making stuff yourself is great. Keep at it.

>tripfag who takes fashion inspiration children's cartoons calling someone a degenerate

But anime != cartoons and there is plenty of inspiration to be taken from the vestimentary garments depicted in anime character designs

xD

Honestly if you wear this everyone will think (know) that you are mentally ill.

Demna Gvasalia rip-off

saying "vestimentary garments" is like saying "clothing clothes", stop trying to sound like an intellectual and just stick to dressing like an anime character

i like this

Yeah sorry mate it's late I meant "vestimentary items", my point still stands

>stick to dressing like an anime character
I don't dress "like" anything, i.e. I don't copy anything, I take inspiration from things

just call them clothes

I was emphasizing clothes so morons could focus on the matter at hand

Were you that guy that made that Raf Simons inspired stuff months back? It had that jacket with the pins.

Nah lol I think I might know who u were talking about tho.

Also fuck anyone that says putting pins on a suit jacket is now their garment

I really like it! Keep it up

Nice life vest

Why would you think anybody would believe that?

Reddit doesn't know shit.

Bibendumcore is Veeky Forums as FUCK.

Your materials and construction could be improved tho...

This is heavily inspired by Rick. I don't know what to say, I'm not a fan of his puffer anything. I guess you could work on qiality and construction.
Decent/10

Lol I completely agree and I don't know how people keep reading over this on this and reddit. It was a bullshit prototype. Of course it's not a completed item. Good enough to take a few pics and post, but I'd like for you all to take that into consideration at this point in this garment. A lot of aspects need fixing. I don't have a team of designers I can tell to do that lol it's just me.

Is that a bad thing? I love rick. Wearing a mainline rick s/s coat in the pic! Lol I'm just beginning to design. Take that into consideration please. Of course I'll improve, but I'll never be a "good designer" before I'm a shit designer. That's just life. I'm okay with that.

I like it a lot. Giving me some serious rick vibes. Feel like it could look nice in like charcoal gray similar color to ricks

If it is a prototype, what do you have in mind as the final project?

I don't know what's worse, his response or that you browse r/streetwear

I get it man, keep going.

Good eye, pass on the jacket, make some more shit. Make some shit to send out to Veeky Forums...I'd wear some shit if it's not over the top and you made up a label for yourself

I mean, it's fantastic "high fashion", looks like some shit you'd see on the runway
But in the sense of wearing it day-to-day, fuck no

I like the poofyness of it and the collar, but too me the way it flares out at the bottom feminizes your shoulders and hips. I point that out because you're already wearing long dress like clothes so it becomes unbalanced that way imo

i would do it the same, but different.

i am not a fashion guy but i would 100% wear that

looks very comfy

maybe more in the collar or a tighter collar though to make it more comfy

how much £££ for one

Very comfy, would wear.

it's not just the connotation, it's just a very offensive look. And the connotation is reason enough desu

Tbqh honest i like this but its kind of bending forward in a bad way and it makes it look worse, dont know if clothing or shit posture of model but it just looks worse than it could look.

I love it

just get off your high horse. you're allowed to have tastes but can't enforce them on others
same goes for you

I followed the link that he provided in the previous post?

Looks good from the front, but the back looks fucked; the puffs appear to be sagging and deflated. Seems very runway/designer but it's also wearable and it has a phenomonal sillhouette. Lots of potential overall.