Any LEOs on here

Any LEOs on here.

Looking for a new watch.

Considering this.

/k/ watch thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

farfetch.com/se/shopping/men/d1-milano-mechanical-watch-item-12339555.aspx?storeid=10897&from=listing&rnkdmnly=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

One watch to rule them all

This or a F91-W if you're super poor. I wore a F91-W for years until the battery died and I just bought a nicer G-shock.

Aren’t G-Shocks kind of chunky?? Don’t they get in the way?

Havent had any experience with the g-shock getting in the way. Also have a suunto core all black, which is also a good watch. I just dislike the battery and the finish. But I loved the large head, ability to lock the screen somewhat, euro date order.

Eh, yeah. It's not too bad though.

Inverted screens are a meme. They are hard to read and don’t make you more tactical. Get ghe 5600. Not too big like new memeshocks and not too small.

Infantry approved

That's like saying retard approved. Sure you know what glue tastes best but I'm not trying to eat glue.

seiko skx173

It looks pretty good. My only gripe with it, is that it seems nearly impossible to activate the small buttons on it when wearing gloves. and with their big buttons seem better in this regard.

Why bother getting a heavy, bulky, uncomfortable watch with "g-shock" protection when digital Casio watches cost less than 10 bucks and are perfectly fine, unobtrusive gadgets that do exactly what watches are supposed to do? They're indestructible and last for ages, too.

>inverted screen cuz “tactical”
>have to activate the illumination or squint really close to read it
Retards.

This. If I were looking for a watch for a job that could get as physical as I imagine LEO jobs get I wouldn't want some super heavy rugged tactical pseudo crap. I'd go with some cheap funtional stuff that wouldn't cost me more than a shrug if I damaged it.

Been wearing one of these in the military for three years. Had to replace the strap since it broke about a year in but besides that it's been sweet. Sure I'm a rear ech fucker but we still do gay shit because command are dicks.

>I'm a rear ech fucker but we still do gay shit because command are dicks.

I'm not sure I understand that. I'm not sure I want to.

>that do exactly what watches are supposed to do?
The thing is in today's world you'd prefer a watch that can do more.

why the hell would you be asking a cop about a watch? do they know watches or something

All casios can do the standard stuff. Keep date, stopwatch, ect. Do you want an apple i-watch? That's not something I'd bring to a LEO job.

Compass is always nice for LEO. But I use it for MIL purpose, alti, baro, water proof, solar charge, compass, sunset/sunrise, alarms, etc. always useful.

Because I am an LEO and want advice on what watch to get?

I have a Fitbit (yeah whatever) and want something rugged that can take a beating as well as not being too chunky (G-Shock) and maybe have a bit more functionality if possible...

Honestly, just get that. I would go with the plane jane version, but to each his own I guess.

The other G-Shocks are too fucking big and gimmicky. Brands like Luminox and other "tactical" watches are overpriced, and no "operator" or LEO is actually using them.

You don't really need any functionality besides time, date, and stopwatch. It's cool, but all the extra shit clutters up the dial, and no one really uses it.

Just buy the DW-5600 G-Shock: it's simple, can take a beating, and it's cheap af to replace if you somehow break it.

The only criticism i have is that the "adjust" button in the top left corner is recessed, and hard to press in without a little bit of a long fingernail.

My personal dream watch
>woah oh intensifies

The pseudo crap, is crap. You're paying 200 bucks for something that does exactly the same thing as the F91's and Dw-5600 G, which are way less. That being said, they'd probably do fine.

I'd stay away from it though.

They're VERY chunky. I had a hard time getting my old one under the sleeve of a winter coat.

The DW-5600 is actually kind of big, sit's higher than you'd expect, but you won't have that problem.

This is true. The point of a watch, at it's base, is to have a portable piece, that can let you check time at a quick glance. Why get one with a screen that actively works against your eyes?

*I'd stay away from it, just like this user says

Sorry user, got ahead of myself. You speak truth. "Tactical watches" are the best indicator of a dumb mall ninja.

I will say though, that Luminox's luminescence and legibility are fantastic. However you pay out the ass for a tiny swiss quartz movement, in a fat, overpriced case.

G shock is the best

This is the ultimate /k/ watch.

Just ordered a Tissot Automatic III. Paid 285 after shipping. How'd I do /k/?

Horribly if you intend it to be a /k/ watch. Quite badly if it's just a regular watch.

I have pic related because I am autistic. I replaced the metal band with a rubber one. It is heavy but it works.

>how you want the new submariner to look Hans?
>just fuck my shit up

I would avoid a black display OP, they're hard to see in sunlight. Get a GW-6900, it's a solar powered G-Shock. I've had mine forever and its never let me down.

Vostocks are cool too, although less practical, but they're the true Kommando option. I never wear mine because I'm not crazy about metal wristbands.

oh shit senpai what model is that?

>their g-shocks don't have bull bars on them

>Veeky Forums
Really, mods? Are you going to move surplus threads here as well, knife threads to Veeky Forums and tank threads to Veeky Forums?

You shouldn't wear a bulky G shock if you're a wristlet, get something with a slimmer profile

agreed, they need to recolize muh board cultcuh

Frogman

>ex-soviet
>actual military issue
>cheap and simple, kinda clunky to operate but basically indestructible
/k/ as fuck, literally the Mosin Nagant of watches

>cmd+f
>mtm
>no hits
jfc people

Seiko G757, its the watch that James bond uses in Octopussy

The F91's backlight sucks, and the rubber strap sucks the moment you start sweating. F105 Illuminator has a better light. I swap the strap for nylon, much more comfortable.

heavy duty requires heavy duty watches.

I only work a particular security job and it's not physically demanding for a job so I just got a Casio W59 that works perfectly fine and I occasionally need to know the time. some don't wear a watch on the job but it's really useful to have one.

the brand is excellent if you want the best bang for your buck. So reliable. Digital > Analog meme as well.

This

There's a guy in the UK who makes dem fucking dope ass watches from ALIEN!

Or try no label.

get this baby g, nobody ever notices it and it looks just like a gshock without being too bulky

too big on your bitch wrists

GWM-5610

It's overpriced shit that no LEO actually wears

Binland!

>G-Shocks
Do you all have Asperger's? Did your dad just give you that watch for your 13th birthday? You're wearing the air monarchs of wrist accessories. Why would you ever wear something so plasticky and bloated? So you can tell me Greenwich mean time? So you can leave it on and go for a dip in some whitewater rapids? So you can kill five minutes trying to set a alarm with one hand on that shitty little display, instead of doing it on your smartphone in two seconds like a neurotypical human being? Because of muh shock-resist?? Your delicate little thinspo wrists aren't going to resist anything anyway. Why don't you at least get something that looks proportional on them.

This Step aside

get a F-91w or GW-M5610 if you want better features that will last you 10+ years without battery change. and DON'T get anything with negative display.

>has 30m WR though

more would be better. at least give that watch 50m. that's probably a marketing ploy. take away one feature so that all the other really cheap and shitty watches don't get overlooked all of a sudden because of muh EL backlight.

also the backlight for F91 and W59 is fine and does its job. people say it's weak because they thought it would be EL initially but it goes across the whole display nicely and you can read it just fine. the B640 even has dual leds. one on the right side too.

I'm a paramedic and have exactly that watch

It's great. I wear it whenever I work and almost every other day too. Have had it about 2 years. Can't seem to even scratch the glass. I read it fine in the dark without activating the light, but a non-inverted would be even easier.

Looks way better than any other g-shock

>but a non-inverted would be even easier.

I wonder if it's true. like, with analogs people claim that black dials and white hands are easier to read than white dial and black hands.

but for digital displays visa-versa seems to be true.

you're homosexual, right?

Serial number: 224-049192. Very interesting.

>They're indestructible and last for ages, too.

This is true. Having worked in the animal husbandry industry for a number of years, I can tell you from long experience that when you're inside a mare elbow deep on a daily basis, most digital watches can't take the abuse. Not so with the Casio F91W. I've had mine for years and it's been in more moist, tight situations than you can possibly imagine, and it still works great.

Has anyone ever tried sanding off the "PROTECTION G-SHOCK" from the bezel? What would be the best way to go about so?

Is there an alternative that looks like this for around 200 euros?

farfetch.com/se/shopping/men/d1-milano-mechanical-watch-item-12339555.aspx?storeid=10897&from=listing&rnkdmnly=1

Any recommendations for dress watches or any watches to wear with a suit? I was looking at Orient or Tissot.

How did you remove the branding from the dial? Did you buy it this way? Any info or advice would be appreciated.

Orient Bambino is perfect. it only sucks if you're a wristlet then, like me so I never got one. a 36-38mm version would be nice.

Lmao at wearing a gshock with bitch wrists.

My wrists aren't even that tiny and the smallest casio around already looks proportional.

does a wristlet mean small wrists because i think i might be a wristlet

it would ruin the watch

desu i have it and it is very hard to tell what the fuck it says on an allblack colorscheme

you have tiny hands though, i think wearing big watches is as much to do with hand size as wrist thickness

typical fucking navy, blasting each others bungholes round the clock while saddam invades hawaii:(

I dont think that gentleman was boasting about having full on anal sex in his role at work in the military, but just that there's a whole heap of harmless horseplay going on in barracks, thats all :)

If by tiny you mean well above average length then yes I have tiny hands.

Henlo

Hi

I finally picked up the poor people knock off.

Cheekily breeki my man. I wear it all the time and I wear my f91-w in the gym or construction jobs.

Would you recommend the scuba dude or should I get the zissou special?

I'd recommend the scuba dude but to each their own. The scuba dude has a casual yet formal look so it's good for alot of occasions.

I ordered it, gonna take awhile to get over here from Russia tho. Did some research and copped a nice bezel and strap for it. I think they're super cool for the price range. A lot better than all the shitty 300$ Jap shits everyone posts on here

I bought a few NATO straps because metal bands rip out the hair on my arms. It took 2 weeks for my scuba dude to ship from the motherland to Canada and it came on my b-day as well. Hope you enjoy it.

Expedition

No frills 50$

Kek

yes. that's what it means.