How often should you wash your jeans?

How often should you wash your jeans?

NEVER!!! Or as little as possible... I'm a part of the classic Americana workwear heritage raw funky sewage full stinky denim scene, I'll admit it...

When they start to smell, but definitely don't wear them longer than a week and a half.

i wear them 2 days.
poorfag

APPROXIMATELY ONCE EVERY EIGHT WEEKS.

Never, except it got dirt or smelly

When they start to smell, and not a second before. This could be five minutes or two weeks, depending on all kinds of things.

If I spill milk on them

Four to five full-days worth of wear OR if you have and spills on them that could stain or discolor them. AND, when you wash them... wash only in cold water and gentle cycle; spin dry in the washer. If you must dry in a machine (only in the most humid environments) then use the lowest heat setting and don't dry them all the way. Laying flat is the best of all.

Never

Put them in the freezer once a month

Unless they have gross stains or crusty shit on them, freeze your jeans instead of washing them. Removes the smell without washing out or discolouring the dye or shrinking the cotton.

This is very important with black jeans

black jeans look best when they're faded

you should never wear jeans, but when you do you should just wash them after every use, wear them 2 days if you need to save money. unless you are retarded, washing will not impact your clothing in any way.

Wut

Will non raw 514s get sick faded even though theyre not raws?

FREEZER IS A MYTH

FFS

COLDWATER soak inside out in sink, air dry. no soap.

And yet, you have never worked.

Depends, if you want them to look like classic pale wash jeans eventually, every wear or two. If you want high contrast fades, rarely.
I love the feel of the fabric and the intense indigo colour or raws, but I think most sick fadez you see look like tasteless trash, so I sit somewhere in between. You can get nice subtle contrast variation across the fade if you wash every 15-30 wears or so.
If you go a long time between washes, sure.

Go back to /pol/ your ugly opinions are useless here

I go 6-12 months or more unless beer gets spilled on them or something. I wear a uniform at work, so my clothes don't wear out/get soiled very quickly. I'm also a scumbag though and don't care. But I should probably be washing them every month or so, especially considering I only have 2 pairs.

Also I wash my clothes (cold, with detergent) in my bathtub and dry them outside. No washer hookups in this oldass house and I'm too much of a nervous loser to go to the laundromat

NEVER
dont even wash HM denim lmao
except if their fucking stained in mud, dirt, etc

I go 8+ months before first wash to properly break in, then after that about every four or so. Just throw them in the freezer every now and then to kill bacteria, prevent blowouts, and keep them from stanking.

never

>Just throw them in the freezer every now and then to kill bacteria, prevent blowouts, and keep them from stanking.
In my experience, this doesn't actually do anything. Airing them out works better.

I wash mine every 6 months in cold water, inside out.

They never smell because I hang them to air every night instead of leaving them crumpled on the floor or stuffed in a cupboard

after 1 wear they go into the wash

On the subject of jeans being washed, is there any way for me to stretch out the cotton to it's original size?

Take a bath in them in warm water

Is this something people commonly do or you trolling?

> Put them in the freezer once a month
> freeze your jeans instead of washing them. Removes the smell without washing out or discolouring the dye or shrinking the cotton.
> Just throw them in the freezer every now and then to kill bacteria, prevent blowouts, and keep them from stanking.

You guys know that this is a myth, right ?

What are you even doing on this board ?

When they get dirty or start smelling, but the latter can usually be easily avoided by venting them regularly

I wash them after one use, and they're still in great condition
Fight me.

Idk about commonly but I Googled how to stretch jeans and that was what everyone said. I did it and it worked decently well.

I want to stop wearing slim fit jeans. I feel Im too old for this.
What's a good jeans with a more relaxed cut for a lanky dude?

Levi 501's

Wear dad jeans and work boots and fix up your house till your fingers look like carrots

This

If you're lanky and want to dress more maturely then relaxed jeans are not going to help.