What's trending for preppier styles?

Hey, I'm in college and I'm unsure what to stock my wardrobe with. I have a preference for a preppy look, but with that said I think its still too early for me to be investing in blazers and shit.
I have one pair of blue canvas shoes, and a pair of boat shoes. I also have a good amount of sweaters, and on the upside I'm willing to cough up money as long as I'm not spending all of my money on one article of clothing (Like trying to buy vineyard vines).

Other urls found in this thread:

oxfordclothbuttondown.com/
saltwaternewengland.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I think its still too early for me to be investing in blazers and shit.

its never too early for investing in a blazer

>I have one pair of blue canvas shoes,
sounds like garbage

> boat shoes.
do you own a boat or know someone with a boat that you go on occasionally?

>vineyard vines
>prep

Listen man, I don't know where you are from but I'll let you in on a little something. I'm from New England, Connecticut specifically, I live 20 min from the Yale campus and have been around there. most of those kids that come from Legacy families don't even dress up "preppy" or whatever you consider preppy and if they do it isn't vineyard vines and boat shoes.

My first advice for you would be to not be something you aren't. That being said with the way you are going, you sound like you want to be a frat boy. stay off the "preppy" blogs and instagram's like KJP or whoever else you follow its absolutely pissening.

buy a pair of quality loafers, stop worrying about preppy trends and stick to traditional prep looks. it looks much better

What sweater is that? RL purple label?

idk but my dad's coworker bought it for me as a gift.

What would you suggest to look at for traditional prep looks, as well as color matching. Finally I come from a well off family and am just tired of dressing like a bum everyday (I've kinda been wearing whatever was on the floor).

dude i don't know, I don't even dress trad prep. I like the style but it doesn't fit my lifestyle. the only blog that I will suggest you take a look at is this.

oxfordclothbuttondown.com/

Like have you never heard of J. Press, O'connell's? etc.

Also pick up the Take Ivy book for some Inspo.

GQ and all those other mainstream garbage magazine's are shit

I know the brands, just not sure what I want to add to my collection

where can i get 5" or 6" khaki shorts? bearbottom and chubbies are all sold out in small.

>What's trending for preppier styles?
>Trending
>Prep

Dude, you clearly don't get prep.

If you "know" the brands, then why the fuck are you asking about Vineyard Vines?

Let me help you:

Brooks Brothers (overpriced, only buy sales).
J Press (Slight decline, but much better than Brooks Brothers)
O'Connell's
LL Bean - Declined, but still good for the price. Some good item. Shirts are only sized for fat people. Their slim fit is simply for overweight people instead of obese.
Bill's Khakis - It's different now. Just received a pair of cords on sale that weren't made in America, good quality, but not what they used to be. Supposedly Frank's is the successor (he used to make some Khaki's for Bill's)
Orvis - Good. Like an upgraded LL Bean.
Mercer and Sons - Custom Shirts

There's also a ton of good places on the Isles if you want to import stuff.

Learn more here:

saltwaternewengland.com/

Question for prep people. Anyone try Spier and MacKay? Low prices and traditional prep style (long collar points, etc). Have shit liek Egyptian Cotton etc. Worried about them falling apart, but looks okay for bolstering my wardrobe while I continue to pick up more expensive pieces.

bump for this basic bitch nigga

Cool thanks

Honestly? Abercrombie and Fitch. Just keep an eye on chubbies though I just copped 3 pairs and they were $30 each. Not sure why the website is now all sold out and everything’s back to $50

patagonia

Where can I get a good pair of cords for under $50

ebay

great pieces bad execution

Care to explain ? I'm legit curious

What's brands would you recommend. And I'd like to shop in person so I can try on the clothes

>be nip prep magazine photographer
>fly to the east coast to take pictures
>everyone wears hoodies and gym sandals
>stage photos and go home