Watch Thread

Watch Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

larssonandjennings.com/de/lugano-40mm-black-gold-watch-5950?utm_source=Affiliate&utm_medium=RakutenAffiliateNetwork&utm_campaign=INH/SVPJb1Y&utm_content=10&utm_term=UKNetwork&ranMID=40392&ranEAID=INH/SVPJb1Y&ranSiteID=INH_SVPJb1Y-iITgmjiEHWoxMRILjx_u8w&siteID=INH_SVPJb1Y-iITgmjiEHWoxMRILjx_u8w
imgur.com/a/6CNO8
ebay.com/itm/V-Clean-Vintage-1960s-Mens-Girard-Perregaux-Sea-Hawk-10K-G-F-Swiss-Watch-Runs-/192330374382?hash=item2cc7c89cee:g:aaAAAOSwlRZZ3Wqs
ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Mens-Girard-Perregaux-Sea-Hawk-Manual-Wind-Wristwatch-17-Jewels-/182639048913?hash=item2a8622b8d1:g:kJQAAOSwopRYZwD9
ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1960s-OMEGA-AUTOMATIC-GENEVE-35mm-STAINLESS-STEEL-CAL-565-JUST-SERVICED-/272879896483?hash=item3f88e8c7a3:g:g28AAOSw7NpZ2sIN
ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1969-Mens-Omega-Automatic-Seamaster-DeVille-17-Jewels-Wristwatch-/182814130568?hash=item2a90924188:g:uy4AAOSwrfVZUqy2
ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-TIMEX-SELF-WIND-MENS-WRISTWATCH-LOOKS-GREAT-RUNNING-4014-3165-/142531858159?hash=item212f8f8eef:g:TxUAAOSwAGlZ2ZYl
ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1950s-TImex-Manual-Wind-Wrist-Watch-British-Made-FWO-/182816329659?hash=item2a90b3cfbb:g:tc8AAOSwCmNZ2kJU
ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Waltham-wristwatch-with-jeweled-mystery-black-dial-and-warranty-/302464665363?hash=item466c4c8713:g:m3MAAOSw-89ZT-WS
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thoughts?

Moonphase is a meme complication. Unacceptable on cheap shit.

Why do I see Daniel Wellington garbage on everybody wrist ?

Also looking at a tisell myself

>[OCD INTENSIFIES]

fuck

REEEE

Got this in the mail last week. Ordered a brown leather nato band today. No pins on the sides, so I think I'm gonna have to cut the old bands off altogether.

is it okay to fall for the fluted bezel meme?

fake crocodile strap look nasty
much better

-cheap
-minimalist
-DW managed to brand themselves as a prestigious and quality brand to the youth

What's the best brand of nylon NATO strap?

I understand that they're not the most high-end brand and that they're made in China, but I got compliments when I wear this Stauer all the time. It really is a beautiful timepiece imo. Normies can't tell the difference in quality/name brands anyways.

Might just be parallax.

Any recommendations for dress watches or any watches to wear with a suit? I was looking at Orient or Tissot.

This one is mine

Refraction on the glass moron

only if you buy a datejust or daydate

like that

Vostok SE GMT. Opinions?

Vintage Vostok ?
Skagen Holst
Opinions ?

Hów's this?

quartz fashion shitters.

Hell, I need a quartz for parties because I often break my watches there.

What's wrong with that? I'm a noob.

If youn want to get into the hobby of collecting watches, you should avoy these brands as they are shutters and don't have any horological value. They are both mad in china with battery quartz movements made in China to a very low standard and overpriced for what they are. If you don't care about watches at all and just want a cheap stylish watch just go to aliexpress and look for any watch you like for below 15 bucks. Those will be as good as the watches you've posted and probably have been made in the same chink factory.

It's taken from a slight angle you twat

ID for this?

Stick a knife between the band and the lug

Croton datejust with a mother of pearl dial (genuine diamonds)

a nice watch

this

just ordered this to use as a daily beater

here's the watch that got me into watches. a waltham 25 jewel, dunno what i'm going to get next. looking at vintage omegas, an oris chronoris, of some vintage Hamilton's

sorry about the dark pic. its the only one i got

CANT UNSEE

nah. tons of low-end seikos have misaligned chapter rings. its a thing, especially with the skx007 /009

>
Also the glass is fucking flat moron

The photo is taken at an angle, are you fucking kidding me?

The problem here is parallax and not refraction, but refraction still happens with flat glass anyway.

>In optics, refraction is a phenomenon that often occurs when waves travel from a medium with a given refractive index to a medium with another at an oblique angle. At the boundary between the media, the wave's phase velocity is altered, usually causing a change in direction.
>For example, a light ray will refract as it enters and leaves glass, as there is a change in refractive index.
It doesn't say anything about a surface being curved.

>mother of pearl
Veeky Forumsggot

Why would you buy a ripoff women's datejust from a brand named after stale bread?

Been thinking about buying a Rolex lately. Is it possible to get a nice looking rolex for 3-4 grand?

it'll be grey market, that may affect the servicing, etc. or there's a risk it could be fake

just buy a used air king or date. those go for $3k-$5k. if youre 1 of those blingfags you could always add diamonds on literally any rolex

You filled the background in black - otherwise it's pretty obvious the watch is at an angle from the camera... unless you're triggered by perspective, in which case I feel for you.

It had a blue alligator style strap when I got it. Thoughts? Also i had it since two months and Im having scratches already, anyway to fix them? I dont think they're deep

>the SKX is an abject shitter
wow who knew?

The strap choice is fine, but a fuckhuge dial like that with no bezel or prominent case makes it look like a dinner plate on your wrist.

As to the scratches, it's probably a mineral crystal, and as such you won't be able to do much about them. If it's acrylic you can get a chemical product to treat them really effectively, but acrylic scratches easier in the first place.

i like this watch and its in my price range
any reason user wouldnt buy?
criticism greatly appriciated

>larssonandjennings.com/de/lugano-40mm-black-gold-watch-5950?utm_source=Affiliate&utm_medium=RakutenAffiliateNetwork&utm_campaign=INH/SVPJb1Y&utm_content=10&utm_term=UKNetwork&ranMID=40392&ranEAID=INH/SVPJb1Y&ranSiteID=INH_SVPJb1Y-iITgmjiEHWoxMRILjx_u8w&siteID=INH_SVPJb1Y-iITgmjiEHWoxMRILjx_u8w

well, it's two hundred and fifty dollars for a 40mm no-name quartz shitter fashion watch, but you do you, dude

thanks for the input user sounds like you know what youre talking about

someone please post that pic of the chinese chink shit factory pumping out these trash brands. Dont waste your money of A F O R D A B L E L U X U R Y. Get something decent.

CHALLENGE! give me a really cheap watch but good aswell

Metal band or leather?

Thanks for the advice. Well I wish I had bigger wrists but when I see people walking around with clunky 50mm diesel watches I don't feel too bad.

Dont know what the next is going to be, sarb065 gets my dick hard

Can anyone recommend a watch of good quality with a similar look?

leather straps are preferred

How cheap is really cheap? The cheapest automatics you can get are like Seiko 5s and Vostoks for around 70 bucks. The cheapest quartzes you can get are things like the Timex Weekender and Alibaba knockoffs for 10-30 bucks. Or you could look into uber-cheap Casios like the f91w for the Osama look.

never ever

You shouldn't really prioritize the straps when buying a watch because they're easily replaceable. Also, if you want a generic Chinese quartz watch with that look (black dial and brass/gaux gold case and indices) , I'd just browse Alibaba or some shit and find a twenty dollar lookalike.

>You shouldn't really prioritize the straps

I do prioritize straps because I have hairy arms. Hair gets caught in metal straps and it's fucking awful.

I'm saying that it shouldn't be a big factor in your buying decision, because you can get decent quality Italian leather replacement straps for like thirty fucking bucks. It's like buying a car on the basis of what tires it comes with. If you don't like them, fucking replace them.

Metal bracelets are a different animal, because cheap Chinese bracelets are going to have a noticeably worse feel and finish to them than expensive ones. Even prestigious companies like 1980s Rolex and current Omega have been known to cheap out on bracelets.

what do you guys think of the invicta 0075?

really thicc watch,

It's almost as if they are trying to make the worst designs possible. Its the lovely color of shit when you eat too many veggies. I wish invicta would actually try because they have the manufacturing power to pump out a large number of actual decsnt watches but they only want junkwear cheap shit.

It's like they go out of their way to design the ugliest thing possible, amazing.

The clean lines of our signature Lugano 40mm watch face combine with a black Italian leather strap, creating a subtle and sophisticated piece to celebrating dress watch aesthetic.
>combine
>to celebrating
How fucking stupid do you have to be to fall for this chink garbage? This is financial Darwinism at its finest.

imgur.com/a/6CNO8

ebay.com/itm/V-Clean-Vintage-1960s-Mens-Girard-Perregaux-Sea-Hawk-10K-G-F-Swiss-Watch-Runs-/192330374382?hash=item2cc7c89cee:g:aaAAAOSwlRZZ3Wqs

ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Mens-Girard-Perregaux-Sea-Hawk-Manual-Wind-Wristwatch-17-Jewels-/182639048913?hash=item2a8622b8d1:g:kJQAAOSwopRYZwD9

ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1960s-OMEGA-AUTOMATIC-GENEVE-35mm-STAINLESS-STEEL-CAL-565-JUST-SERVICED-/272879896483?hash=item3f88e8c7a3:g:g28AAOSw7NpZ2sIN

ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1969-Mens-Omega-Automatic-Seamaster-DeVille-17-Jewels-Wristwatch-/182814130568?hash=item2a90924188:g:uy4AAOSwrfVZUqy2

ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-TIMEX-SELF-WIND-MENS-WRISTWATCH-LOOKS-GREAT-RUNNING-4014-3165-/142531858159?hash=item212f8f8eef:g:TxUAAOSwAGlZ2ZYl

ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1950s-TImex-Manual-Wind-Wrist-Watch-British-Made-FWO-/182816329659?hash=item2a90b3cfbb:g:tc8AAOSwCmNZ2kJU

ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Waltham-wristwatch-with-jeweled-mystery-black-dial-and-warranty-/302464665363?hash=item466c4c8713:g:m3MAAOSw-89ZT-WS

didnt know if you were set on a black dial but here are some options. there are alot of vintage watches that look similar but the problem is there gonna be 34 or 35 mm. if you dont mind the smaller size i think the waltham looks nice or just save up and look for an old seamaster with a black dial

>> I see your point, but hurrr durrr what about this cheap chink no name POS is it Effay?

This one is mine. Simple but i like it.

The watch is tilted at an angle, moran.
Seiko 5
There are some vintage watches that look exactly like DW watches. I know A Lange and Sohne made some, and probably some cheaper brand too.

And you should buy a leather strap separate.

duh its tilted but not enough to cause that much difference

Very nice. Only thing I would change is white text on black to date function.

/g/

would only look good at a blackjack table desu senpai