Danner boots?

I'm basically entirely new to fashion and trying not to look like a child.

My grandfather used to recondition Danners in the '90s, so I have as many of these as I want. The question is whether I'll look like an idiot wearing them.

For context, I mostly wear tartan shirts, jeans, and random Columbia/Prana pants (because employee store). Any general recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=0B0jc0NJQ4qefcXdpS3hoNjlySjg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're saying you have unlimited Danners? My recommendation is to hit me with that email dog and hook a brotha up

The reason they're unlimited is that he wants to get $100-150 out of all the decent ones, so I can't really give them away.

Any recommendations on how not to look like an idiot, though?

I mean, just wear them for things that you need boots for. Nothing screams immaturity more than playing pretend in grandaddys boots.

That's what I used to do (in Oregon). Now I'm at college in Alaska, so I can get away with it (though honestly I'd be fine walking from class to class in shoes even at -30F). The question is whether it's going to look decent and what I can do to improve in general.

Wear them in inclement weather or if your hiking. If it's bad whether they won't look out of place with the standard "urban woodsman" fit. Wear good fitting jeans and a field jacket

I mean, it's not like the snow is going to melt until spring, so I have an excuse. Not to sound like an idiot, but what's a field jacket, and is it going to suck at -20? I get the impression clothing choices in the winter are basically limited to what you can fit under your warm layer(s), which (I guess?) makes it easier for me to get started.

OK, looked up field jackets and they look pretty useless unless the worst you have to deal with is some light rain/snow, not much insulation or room for layers underneath.

Do you know how they size OP? I really want to cop a pair of the Tackyons because they look pretty neat.

op ur fine if ur in alaska, nobody will bat an eyelid. dress for the weather

No idea, and they've probably changed a lot since the '90s.

Depends on the outfit. Hikers aren't as versatile as other kinds of boots since they're stuck firmly in that "outdoors" aesthetic, but they can work.

That's encouraging. Anything you'd recommend wearing with them for when I get inside and delayer?

What kind of outfits work?

Nice to see Danner is marketing to the youth of today, with their "urbex" and smartphones and their wimmin looking on in awe. I guess the guy climbing looks okay? Still kind of metrosexual for my liking.

I can do this (and sort of do, though I don't have any solid shirts, should probably find a couple). I actually have some boots like that.

If only I had a hipster pack instead of one that actually works well. People keep giving me beanies; I should probably put one on. Is it possible to wear them without looking vaguely emo if you don't have a beard?

basically and all the images below.
they work better with a bit more rugged stuff
from what i recall the mountain lites were pretty popular on hb forums at one point

>Nice to see Danner is marketing to the youth of today, with their "urbex" and smartphones and their wimmin looking on in awe.

Oh god this photo makes me angry

Apparently Carhartt does the same thing in Europe.

Those are made cheap as shit. DO NOT COP.

they do this! I wasn't aware carhartt was a workwear brand until recently. It's mainly worn by teenagers and is really popular within european skate culture

In the US they basically fetishise the concept of work to sell stuff. With that said, they do make really good clothes; it's just expensive.

Here's a huge collection of Japanese magazines OP. If you go into the folders "Go Out" and "Lightning" there is tons of the sort of inspo you're after

drive.google.com/open?id=0B0jc0NJQ4qefcXdpS3hoNjlySjg

"Lightning" is looking a bit Japanese.