Accutane

How many of you have done Accutane? What were your experiences? Before / After pics?

Currently have terrible acne all over my face and splotchy redness. Debating whether or not to go on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Occam.27s_Acne
youtube.com/watch?v=WqePf_B7VMk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don’t wait another day. It is a miracle drug. 6 months on it and now I only get 1-2 blemishes per year.

I've had a couple friends go through it. It can have some pretty side effects, depending on person to person and the dosage, but they've all had success with it. If you can afford, I would go for it, as long as you're willing to keep up with whatever side effects it throws your way.

this im being dead serious your life will be vastly improved in < 6 months

how bad was your skin before you went on it? How long did it take for you to achieve Bieber skin?

I have a friend who was always pretty attractive but in high school his face was buried under acne
I didn't think it was that bad because I didn't want to fuck him but apparently it messed with his self esteem a ton
He started doing it at the start of our senior year and by the time we graduated he looked like someone an /r9k/fag would make a thread about and rage over Stacies flocking to.

If acne is a major hang up for you I don't see why you wouldn't.

How much does it cost you in the long run?

i'm probably thinking of something else but i thought accutane had some risk of causing like gynecomastia or hormonal imbalances or some shit like that

not him but i was on it for 4 months not accutane but isotretinoin this last month ive been off and only had one notable blemish. Cost wise my insurance covered it so $5 per month but mandatory derm visits were $50. Without insurance i think the pill costs were $200+.

Cheap on insurance, not worth it without insurance imo.

It gave me weird depression in the 5th/6th month desu.

worked great for me but as soon as i stopped it came back ,alot less but still enough to say i have acne.

dat shit work

forgot to say it gave me ultra horrible lips whilst I was on it, but better than acne and they went away after i stopped taking it

you gonna do another round?

Highly recommended. I took it like 10 years back and it worked wonders, basically what said. My skin is in pristine condition even nowadays. At the worst of times my acne condition was only medium so my before-pic wouldn't be as harsh as on that dude in the pic, but anyway well worth it.

This. The point of it is to dry the fuck out of your skin. But the downside is your lips are permanently chapped for 6 months. But it was definitely worth it

My lips were disgusting for a few months and it made me really moody too. But it got rid of all my acne, on my arms and back in addition to my face. 100% worth it

Shit bois can the dryness be avoided with moisturiser and chap-stick? I'm bout to start using and dont wanna scare off my new gf with dry ass skin/lips.
From those who have been on accutane before, how to best deal with sides?

this. it's amazing how much acne held me back.

do another round. it will be gone for good.

I did and it was great, no before and after photos because it was 2009 and I was still using a shitty flip phone. But I had acne all over my face, shoulders, chest and back. In 2 weeks, the chest acne was gone. 3 weeks, the shoulder acne was gone. 4 weeks, the back acne was gone. And by the 5th week my face was cleared up. I did two rounds of it and now I only get the occasional pimple.

It's the best, dermatologist prescribed it and every month I just collected it from the nurse and never had to see him again, he was that confident it would work. Makes your face blackhead and whitehead free and matte.

>cure acne
>replace it with an incomprehensibly faggy ear piercing
2017 'male' everyone .talk about second hand fucking shame

he's probably a fag so it's all good m8

took it for about a year, had severe acne back then. helped a lot, but some side effects were dryed af lips, couldn't drink any alcohol and when i stopped i had some severe kcikbacks from my body being dependent on them chemicals (that made my frogs gay). Overall helped with my self esteem, made my skin smooth af, and even though i still have a little bit of acne here and there and dem side effects, would 100% recommend

I had a terrible experience with it (at 20mg a day I had awful joint and back pain, and when I started to lose my hair I went off of it), but I think most people tolerate it much better than I did. I would only use it as a last resort.

If you do end up doing Accutane DO NOT stop using it before you are told to stop even if your acne is gone. It just comes back then you build up a tolerance so it takes longer. Happened to me and Im acne free now but it took much longer than it needed to

I always had chapped lips

I did about 6 months of accutane. Before I took it I didn't get acne everywhere, I would just have like 3 to 5 horrible underground zits at any given time. Very painful and humiliating.
Accutane worked very well for me. It's been nearly 5 years and I haven't had one bad zit in all that time. The worst I've gotten is a small blemish every once in a while around my chin, and that almost never happens. Very grateful for accutane.
Beware of the side effects though, seriously. I got horrible depression while I was on it. I thought I had been depressed before but this was the real deal. I would stay in bed all day if nobody forced me to do anything. I don't know how common that is but just be aware of it. Even with the side effects it was worth it for me.

accutane worked miracles for me but now im left with some acne scars on my cheeks.

is there any way to rid myself of them?

Holy fucking shill thread

aquaphor on lips, moisturize face

also put aquaphor on your dickhohle and nipples im being serious. they get the worst of the drying-out effect

my skin wasn't super bad, it's just that nothing fucking worked

i think i started fall time, and personally i think my skin was clear in ~ 3 months, kept going for the full 6

>also put aquaphor on your dickhohle
My foreskin is dry, but I thought my red dickhole was a totally seperate issue

scar laser treatment

I was on accutane. I don't claim to be a medical expert or anything but I made sure to research the fuck out of it beforehand, because some of the purported side effects were pretty scary. I can post a little about how it actually works if anybody actually wants but for now I'll just say, yes, it definitely works, and by and large it's a very safe drug.

The physical side effects can be annoying but they're usually not serious. You'll be more sensitive to light, you'll have chapped lips, and there may be an initial breakout - that can be pretty fucking gross, be prepared for that. But it won't last for too long. You may also get hair loss but it's not usually serious or permanent, we're not talking bald patches here, just more hair clogging the drain after you use the shower. You won't be on it for long enough to do any serious damage. You'll be monitored VERY closely while on the drug and if any of the side effects start to look dangerous they'll take you off of it, but that won't happen.

There's literally no evidence that accutane causes depression, suicidal thoughts, or mood swings. Some people get depressed while they're on accutane but it's not BECAUSE they're on accutane.

It's not the most pleasant drug in the world to be on, but it definitely works, and it is safe.

my face was basically fucked from when i was 13 to 16. i was that guy with the fucked face thats dark red and oozing with yellow here and there that you'd immediately notice in the corner of your eye.

parents sent me to fancy face spa places where id get the living fuck poked out of my face by pretty nurses and then get my face burnt all over with lazer gun things, bought expensive shit to plaster all over my face, tried weird shit like cinnamon and raw honey nth worked id just bleed everywhere.

there was one time i was at the spa again on my 15th birthday and i was getting stabbed in the face with a metal dick and i broke down thinking about how sad my life was and started bawling and the nurse just kinda ran away and left me in the dark for an hour and i could barely breath cuz of how much i was crying.

...anyway accutane is amazing. i got a prescription from a dingy neighbourhood clinic run by this old dude, stopped every other treatments, just ate pills and my face was clean within 6 months. the only side effect i had was id get alot of bloody mucus in my nose and my lips got dry. go for it op

Any feedback on how you nut / how hard your dick gets while on it / after you are done?

Accutane does work, but you have to keep taking it, which I find to be bothersome. Just get nutritious food with the money and clean your face at least twice a day, and change to fresh pillow cases every few days.

>he has acne and blemishes

I barely even wash my face.

I'm on 5th month, not accutane but just another isotretinoine brand. Best thing ever. Literally almost completely stopped getting acne 3-4 days after the first pill. Now I only get a smal pimple at the side of my chin from time to time but that's my own fault - I can;t get rid of the habit of touching and scratching my face there. Chapped lips and very dry hair are the only side effects. I get full bloodwork every month and everything's within norm.

I just finished it last friday, feels good man. My main problem was a ton of clogged pores, that would then develop into acne or huge, embarrassing cysts. I didn't get any of the serious side effects, just really dry skin that I needed to constantly moisturise. Lips weren't too bad, just applied lip balm every few hours or so.
Just go for it man, don't just wait for your acne to suddenly disappear.

Different user but I'd like an opinion of someone after the treatment. Did you have any bigger scars or even just some darker spots as acne after effects when you started?

Does it heal over time (the dermatologist said that due to dry skin it will just slowly peel over time) or do you still need to look for some additional solutions?

I was very lucky, before accutane I never got a scar from acne. On accutane however your skin is thinner and doesn't heal as well so I got my first acne scar on my chin. I also have a few red marks but I think they'll fade rather quickly on their own.

>tfw start accutane a month ago
>face cleaning up like crazy
>miracle drug is actually true
>get my confidence back
>feel so fucking good
>take another blood taste
>"user your liver test came back high, go take it again or we will have to take you off accutane

fucking kill me, I swear I will put a bullet to my head if I cant continue

is Accutane good at removing acne scars/red spots or is it just acne?

It can get rid of spots and and scars to an extent but it's kinda tricky. It dries out skin which really slows down healing process so you have to balance well between keeping it dry enough to keep peeling to get rid of blemishes while moisturizing to help develop new skin layer

used it and it worked for me

Used it, but not for regular acne. I used it for the worst type of acne that I have on the sides of my fave called cystic acne.

I used it for 6 months and they did NOT go away. All I had was such terrible, terrible side effects that put me in some real real depression, dry as fuck skin, hair loss (a lot), and just about every side effect under the sun.

My grades were freaking ruined because of that shit. I had to take a whole quarter off school, and I'm still recovering from that shit.

Right now I'm just taking a combo of 1500 to 2000mg of vitamin B5, 2000 mg of L Cysteine and about 2500mg of L Carnitine and within 2 months I've seen improvements on cystic acne that was MUCH better than Accutane.

I'd say try it if you just have regular acne prone skin, but if you see the side effects being too much, lower the dosage (I Didn't), or try something else. It may work, but it can be pure torture.

There exists strong evidenDr that Accutane can exacerbate existing depression. I know it happened with me while now I'm completely fine after I stopped taking it.

>Took Accutane when I was 15
>Never got acne
>Never get breakouts, blemishes, etc

I still have really good skin. The only real negatives was the period of taking it; bloody noses, dry skin, dry eyes, etc. And it might have stunted my growth; I'm the shortest of my siblings by a noticeable amount and took it the youngest.

I'm taking it right now after years and years of acne depressing the fuck out of me. About 4 or so weeks in so far. Only side effect I've noticed is dry lips, but that hasn't even been terrible so far. Chapstick does the trick tho. Dry spots here and there on my face too, I guess. Flare ups seem to be chilling out already. Seems positive :)

>causes leukemia in the future
>possible permanent erectile dysfunction & lowering the senses on dick nerves
>liver failures
>balding effects due to lack of oil on the surface of hairline
>possible liver cancer in the future
>depression
>possible ulcer

what this medicine basically does is that it kills EVERY SINGLE SOURCE in your body that possibly causes acne.

Every fucking drug has potential side effects you mongo cunt. Stop scaremongering, all of the shit you mentioned (most of which are totally false) are incredibly rare and are usually down to pre-existant medical conditions.

took it to get thru my teenage years. still have a couple zits here and there, never stopped as an adult. really, cutting down on fried foods and using BP is what keeps mine in check

i was on acne for 5-6 years (from 12-18) on/off and it was 100% legit. regular liver testing every few months, also on anti depressants because i wanted to fucking kill myself

i still get acne but NO cystic shit. i get acne when my pillow case is dirty, or i touch my face in the same spot. a bit of neosporin clears it right up

i didn't have any adverse side effects except the insane depression.

do it OP

I did 1 regiment of it, face is better now but still not good (was never as bad as OP pic)
I have a friend who's done like 3-4 regiments of it and still complains about his face
and you better have insurance or it was like $120+ a month where I live

I wouldn't - 9 times out of 10 the acne will fade with age.

Accutane can make your depression/insomnia worse, and it also gives you permanent dryness in your eyes/lips, contributes to hair loss, and causes you to sweat more. Note these are generally not short-term side effects, they last after taking the drug.

> took accutane for 6 months

It clears up your acne that's for sure, but the long-term side effects aren't worth it imo. Keep your sanity and bear through the acne. Unless you're like mid-20s, it will fade and get better.

i'm finishing the treatment now and it has been a miracle. with cetaphil as moisturizer and some lip balm it isn't that bad. i also take some liver supplements cause it can be quite hard on it. definitely try this shit

I overcame my acne using retina and Clindamycin. Accutane has seriously fucked with a cousin of mines head.

Mine was fucking terrible, but it was my fault. I'd sit at my computer playing wow just popping acne because I'm a degenerate masochist apparently. Hurt like fuck, but still, every day, pop, pop, FUCK, OW, pop.

My back is scarred to shit, but there's little no no acne. My face? Let's say I look like a fucking burn victim, still, there's only small amounts of it.
Honestly want to just kill myself retroactively for being so retarded.

Isn't Accutane the stuff that's used to cure cancers?

How can ppl use it so freely against stupid shit like acne? What's the point in cleaning your face when in a couple of years down the line you end up with even more fucked up shit like liver failure or whatever else the side effects are for it.

IMO risking it this much just for a clearer face is not worth it, but as I said its my opinion so if it worked for you I'm glad, acne truly is a bitch.

what liver suppliments do you take? shit is taking a toll on my liver

>tfw got my prescription today

i can't wait to be rid of this shit

Guys I'm currently on antibiotics + 2 creams (1 BPO + 1 topical retinoid).

My acne is inflammatory, with no or very few nodules and cysts. I'd say it is of moderate severity.

Will it work ?

Sources ? Most doctors say the side effects are temporary (hair loss for ex)

fun and slightly related fact:
diet and skin cleaning routine have MUCH less to do with acne and skin blemishes than genetics

I ate like shit (a lot of oily sweet foods) in my HS years and i only had maybe 1-2 pimples/zits per month max

tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Occam.27s_Acne

Was on fa sticky abd found this. Can anyone recommend good products for exfoliator cleanser astringent n moisturizers?
Have white heads an bad box scars an discoloration

Did Accutane
It made the acne worse before it got better
During this worse period it was pain and discomfort you couldn't imagine.
They were giant blister pimples so big that they converged all over my face and back, I could feel them moving and growing throughout the night.
This lasted 2 weeks then it all went away.
The dry skin was irritating. I peeled my lips off once a week.
Did a year long course, acne came back
Have deep tissue scarring from those first 2 weeks
Also have peyronie's disease, not sure if related or not, there appears to be a lot of people on the net that claim they got it from accutane too, but it's not listed in the side effects.

Fuck acne

how do you fags get rid of this shit?

for all the dudes with chapped lips I'd suggest petroleum jelly. My lips chapped insanely bad last winter, various chapstick didn't work, but vaseline did. There are tiny 2oz containers that you can pocket. Or buy empties tubes / re-fill chapstick tubes with petroleum jelly.

I wish to know too.

Same problem plus hyperpigmentation
Acne. Org doesnt have much on it

I'm guessing you've gone on minocycline (spelling?) tablets? They worked wonders for me when I went though some BAD bouts of cystic acne. Ask your doc

ive been on about 300 mg of minocycline per day and some bs 400$ cream and that stuff helps a little but i think my pores are just fucked up. while i still use acne stuff daily i havent seen much improvement. i wash pillow case and towel for my face all the time and stopped leaning my head on my hands still nothing its not a full face of acne just enough around my jaw that it irritates me. just not sure if accutane is worth it at this point, i know it will give me confidence but im too worried about the long term effects

>How many of you have done Accutane?

Me. On and off for two years and a half.

Does it work on acne ? Absolutely. In fact i still think it's the ONLY drug on the market which isn't a placebo when it comes to acne reduction.

But it comes with severe side-effects. Not during the course but after. The whole "Accutane makes you depressed" isn't a fucking meme. At all. After two years and a half i made my first panic attack, and i'm not known for being especially anxious. I fell into depression, which got better after stopping the treatment, but still, fucked me over.

lactic acid peels

does the acne come back afterwards?
Heard some people have to take multiple regiments

not op responder
but, i went on accutane for the time my derm recommended. I finished when I was 17, and i'm 20, nearing 21 now and have no acne at all anymore. I sometimes get one pimple once a month but desu entirely manageable.

while you are on accutane it's really important you just cleanse & moisturise, and don't aggravate it at all because you want to help your skin while its all dry and whatnot

after accutane you should also keep a healthy routine, you can't just rely on the drug completely desu

i mainly have a cluster of cystic acne on my jawline

research says its hormone related, should i try accutane?

not my actual face, but a similar pic I pulled from web

Does weaker versions of accutane exist?

My case isn't that bad, mostly because I use a lot of benzyl peroxide and moisturizer, but I still get some acne and some weeks its bad and some weeks its good, but its always there. Soon I will visit the doctor to ask for some sort of treatment. I have done two or three tetracycline cures, which worked somewhat but my acne came back when the treatment was over. Now I am considering asking for accutane, but my skin isn't bad enough to justify the accutane, so I am wondering if there is weaker versions.

I know about retinol-based creams, but they don't work permanently like accutane. Could you possibly take a smaller dosage or shorter treatment period of accutane, and would that lower the risk of bad side effects?

Nothing because national healthcare, because we're not a third world country

>peyronie's disease
Damn hang in there.

I heard Lye Soap does wonders.

>possible permanent erectile dysfunction & lowering the senses on dick nerves

Meh, as an American it won't make much of a difference. Anyway, look up Foregen, being a cutlet sucks.

Is magic. Is really magic. The best thing ever happened to me
Do it now

Do it faggot and get some oxyterocycline while you're at it.

Had terrible acne all over my back
Eventually made it outside shirtless during summer and sunbathed for like 6 hours
Got sick sunburns and later when old skin fell off I finally got my back clean

Side effects I experienced:

Dry eyes.
Extremely chapped lips.
Extreme sense of unhappiness/depression symptoms.

all of these side effects stopped within a month of coming off it once I was acne free, I was on it for three years. worth it. No scarring either.

and for a gauge as to how bad my acne was, I had to pop the spots around my mouth and jaw every morning before breakfast and drain the pus out to ease off the pressure, just so i could eat my fucking toast.

Do it faggot, long term effects are a meme. Side effects with accutane are as likely as any drug. They just overstate them so you can't sue them.

It comes in different strengths. Your dermatologist will know what they're doing

Is this legit? I've heard ppl recommend me that and salt sea water for my bacne, but I never tried it cause there ain't no sea close in my shithole of a country.

youtube.com/watch?v=WqePf_B7VMk

Watch this video OP. I thought I recognized the drug name.

get a sugar scrub or something for your lips, they have them at Target or whatever or you can get nicer ones from Sephora/Ulta

I took accutane for 8 months, had really bad acne before. The acne healed completely, but while taking it, I got these huge joint aches. Couldn't even walk without having sore hips.

Now, after four years, I finally feel like my joints are back to normal. It still hurt to go to the gym after 2 years of the treatment, which sucked majorly. However, not having acne is a major plus, so I suppose the treatment was worth it.

Nigga, it was just male pattern baldness. Complete coincidence.

>does dmt
>is 30 years old with a pikachu t shirt

fuck that degenerate

For Accutane to work it has to accumulate in your body. They target for 125mg/kg. With a lowdose it will take much longer, but there are less sideeffects and it might be enough for for you .