I’m too poor for Canada Goose, what are my options for sub $500 -60 degrees F cold weather gear parkas?

I’m too poor for Canada Goose, what are my options for sub $500 -60 degrees F cold weather gear parkas?

Other urls found in this thread:

alphaindustries.com/mens-field-coats/alpha-industries-m-65-field-coat.htm
alphaindustries.com/mens-field-coats/alpha-industries-m-65-liner-als92.htm
sweaterchalet.com/dachstein-woolwear-military-cardigan-mens-sweater-1411/#cc-m-product-11653198231
ciehub.info/clothing/CW/M65/HoodECWFurRuff.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1.Shoplift.

2. Go out into the wild on your grandfather's kayak and start killing seals for their pelts.

Those are your options for a sub $500 -60f parka.

buy a stolen one on kijiji

Why the fuck do you need a -60 parka?

I wear a cheap pea coat with a fnice scarf and a warm sweater underneath and it's enough for me here in winterpeg.

this

Just layer cheaper gear. Yeah, it's not as comfortable/easy to move in, but a few generic down jackets will work pretty decently.

>tfw bought a Canada Goose shell from tk maxx and wear it proudly

Just get some Rick, I'm sure that'll do

this desu, you can't freeze if you're on fire

ECWCS L7 is really cheap on eBay and very warm

Himalayan/10, would totally wear this to go to the store for milk on a freezing cold Sunday morning.

North Face
Patagonia
Penfield
Spiewak

Shit ton of layers, idk about -60 but i have snowboarded in -40 in this type of shit and was fine. Lotta super warm base layers, mid layers and top layers.

Are you sure your gear isn't covered, OP?

I've been on three arctic expeditions and my cold-weather gear was always included. I bought it on my own and they reimbursed me.

>reddit, the outfit

That's incredibly fucking cold, so you might actually want to invest in Canada Goose bro. I'm sure I would, but that's several magnitudes of order more freezing than anything I've ever experienced. I can't say with authority that it would work, but I think an Alpha brand black M-65 and M-65 liner with a pricey-ass olive green Dachstein sweater underneath would look great, and would be unbelievably warm. The Dachstein's like three hundred bucks though, so combined with the rest you may as well just go with Canada Goose or something similar. Also, the military did make extreme cold weather hoods that attach to M-65s and make them look kind of like M-51 parkas, and which you can find on eBay, but I'm pretty sure they're only olive green. (And you may like that color better anyway; it just seems to me that a black M-65 would age particularly well, becoming cooler looking the more faded and fucked up it got)

alphaindustries.com/mens-field-coats/alpha-industries-m-65-field-coat.htm

alphaindustries.com/mens-field-coats/alpha-industries-m-65-liner-als92.htm

sweaterchalet.com/dachstein-woolwear-military-cardigan-mens-sweater-1411/#cc-m-product-11653198231

ciehub.info/clothing/CW/M65/HoodECWFurRuff.html

Also consider ECWCS parkas and trousers, which are made for deadly cold conditions. The acronym stands for Extrame Cold Weather Clothing System, I think.

I don't know bro, but could always buy a one-way plane ticket due south for less than five bills, if that's a possibility.

just get the warmest model from TNF, Burton or Patagonia. Then just some warm layers and you'll be alright.

Just get one on sale or used obviously

>buying CG
>sweat and get colder like an idiot

buy a normal parka and wear layers you idiot

God I hate this fucking shit, every rich asian kid on campus wears these around in 10C weather

In winter it rarely gets to -30C, it's usually around -10C, way to warm for these jackets

north face 1992 is pretty cheap, dunno if its warm enough...

Hard to find since they're only in Australia, NZ and the UK, but Kathmandu make great winter stuff. Definitely recommend

and those are the same Asians with Porsches and Mercedes wreaking into peoples parked cars because the retards can't drive

someone sounds mad

I remember when Canada Goose used to cost $500-$600

This is hands down the best answer in the thread. Period. Peacoats may be mfa in know-nothing minds, and describing items of clothing as "timeless" is obviously Reddit, but all the same PEACOATS ARE FUCKING TIMELESS. And if you're outdoors when it's sixty fucking degrees below zero you'd have to be certifiable to give a rat's ass what teenagers consider trendy and/or played out. Those coats are eternally cool because they're practical and effective, and also because anti-fashion is the best fashion. They're made for sailors who are in bitterly cold, windy, stormy, rainy weather. If they can keep sailors comfy and cozy when waves of seawater are whipped by the wind into you horizontally in aggro sea storms, then it's a burly, practical jacket. Peacoats are an invincible shell, and when you wear a heavy wool sweater underneath they insulate wonderfully. It's the best way to go in that kind of weather, in my opinion.

Well fitting vintage US Navy peacoat, the heaviest wool sweater you can lay hands on, and the heaviest wool beanie you can find. Flip the humungous collar up and you're good to go.

n.3b parka
about 200bucks and warm as shit

Houdini Spheric parka

I'm just passing by and I'm indifferent to cautiously-open to the idea of peacoats, but man, you couldn't even find one image of a peacoat in a decent fit that isn't from behind?

no it isn't retard

£130 from uniqlo

Anything -20 and below needs a hood if you want to be comfortable in extreme windchill conditions desu. Otherwise 700-fill down is plenty warm with proper layering

I have the same problems since I am going to kiruna.
I think McMurdo Parka from TNF is fine

I wear something like pic related, cost me around (guessing the exchange rate) $200. That and a thick jumper, a shirt and an under shirt. Keeps me relatively toasty at circa -45 C.

Wtf the ice must have been horrible