Leather jackets suggestions?

I really dig these kind of jackets like pic related and Ryan Gosling's from Blade Runner but I know next to nothing about them like what kind of materials are better, what brands, things to look out for...? I will mainly use it during fall/winter/spring because canadafag.

Also, it it just better to get one tailored to your needs? I know some guy really well renouned for his custom leather jackets but is it worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/132349506679
schottnyc.com/products/b6-sheepskin-bomber-jacket.htm
schottnyc.com/products/b3-leather-bomber-jacket.htm
grailed.com/listings/3492017-Rick-Owens-Showtek-shearling-coat-FW17-GLITTER
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Posting some more inspo

just stop

K's jacket was a statement piece that was all about an artistic message from the director; "K is an autistic slave"

Do you think it is cool and fashionable to be an autistic slave? I mean, clearly YOU do.

But I am trying to impress upon you that it is neither cool nor fashionable.

Enjoy the art of one of the best films Hollywood will ever manage. Realize that you can identify with it without trying to incorporate it into YOUR identity.

Op is gay

A real shearing jacket costs upward of $1500 in good condition. Dark brown shearing is even more expensive. A full length shearing coat costs $5k new.

However I am a connoisseur of fine goods and know how to find anything at the best price.

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/132349506679

This is as close as you will find. Goslings coat is a 10-15K piece

I'm more into a ww2 type of jacket, has more character. What are some good leather jackets brand? Like really great quality. Also, can I wear them while raining/snowing?

You've never touched or experienced quality leather.

Just google "shearling bomber jacket" and pick whatever you think looks cool and enjoy it.

That's why I'm asking you, what are some good brands? What to look out for?

Highest quality leather I own is a Danier leather jacket

Really good leather is basically bespoke.
It's impossible to make recommendations.

There is a reason that iconic leather is iconic.

That's what I am going to do. What kind of skin were ww2 bomber jackets made with? Only sheepskin? Or were there other types for different countries?

Here's a couple full grain leather bombers that resemble the Goose's.

schottnyc.com/products/b6-sheepskin-bomber-jacket.htm

schottnyc.com/products/b3-leather-bomber-jacket.htm

Yes, these are normal prices for a leather jacket.

Leather technically CAN be tailored but leather, over time, adjusts to the wearers body nearly perfectly.

A leather jacket is a purchase for adults, not for a quirky phase through high school. This is because these jackets, well maintained, will outlive you. Make sure you buy one you can see yourself wearing for decades.

Wow, the first one is almost exactly what I am looking for. Yeah they are expensive, I don't plan on buying dozens of them. I am not sure what would be better, buy the one you linked me or get a custom leather jacket tailored to my liking? I mean, if I'm going to spend loads of money, might as well go all in? Or not worth it?

Also what's with the jackets designations? Like some are A1, B6, G1...is it like a template, a style of bomber jacket?

If you trust the tailor, go for the custom jacket desu. I only linked schott because i have had one of their jackets for five years and doesn't even slightly show.

Just slight variations in design. (Pockets, style, fit, etc)

military designations, yes

Hey man,
bought my dad one of these a while back as a present.

Basically what you need to know is that these are WW2 bomber leather jackets, there are a couple of models with some varying differences like cuts, zippers, different pockets and leathers - the most common models with shearling would be the ANJ-4, B-3, B-6, G-1 they're mostly American (even some of the British models were made in the US) and were originally meant to be used on freezing flights.
That last fact is important because these jackets are very warm - you should definitely consider that if you don't live in very cold climate/take long motorcycle rides - imo it's too much money to spend on a garment that you can only use for not even a full season.

Cost is going to be around $1kUSD new no matter where you look so IMO focus on finding what you like - check out Schott, Avirex, Eastman and Aero Leather Co. - and just get it since price difference isn't going to be that large.

Also if you don't mind used, ebay is full of them - just remember that if it's less than $300 you should be vary wary.

keep in mind a lot of the prices for military shearling is for historical accuracy.

I got into the leather game like a year ago, did a shit load of research. It's a deep deep money sink like you never imagine.

basically if you want shearling military jackets there's B3, ANJ-4 and RAF, all three uses the thickest shearling, they are heavy and warm, but really bulky.

For lighter military shearling there is D-1 and B6, they are more practical but not as warm.

The most accurate and well made brands are Aero, Eastman, Simmonsbilt, they are generally what people go for. There's also Real Mccoys and buzz Rickson from Japan but they are ridiculously expensive.

there are more fashionable less accurate brands like Schott and Avirex, they are most likely well made but not historically accurate.

Wow thank you, very complete post. I live in Quebec, freezing cold temperatures (-20 C or less) does happen but never more than 2 months. But how warm are we talking about? Would it be too warm for fall/winter? Are they good for motorcycle (water repellent, durable)

So in the movie goose’s jacket was actually laminated cotton with faux shearling.
That being said, the Dark Lord has pulled our souls from th abyss once more.
The rick Owens showtek shearling is pretty close (even though in the movie the jacket is technically green)
It’s still retailing for $4k on ssense but this dude has it for ~$2k
You’re welcome. Mystery fucking solved.
grailed.com/listings/3492017-Rick-Owens-Showtek-shearling-coat-FW17-GLITTER

Forgot to add picture

it's not too warm for Quebec, it'd be perfect for Quebec actually.

Truth be told they aren't the greatest jackets for harsher winters because they are short. So your ass freezes off. I still prefer my Canada goose parka which is lighter equally warm but not as cool looking. If you want to go for total warmth check out the b7, but not a lot of people can pull that off.

I think a lot of people ride motorcycles wear b3's and other military shearlings. they are not entirely waterproof, but it should be fine in most cases other than the blizzard. It will soak through in heavy rain and you have to be-careful of shrinkage.

In terms of durability, yeah they are durable, especially the brands I listed. Unless you have a nasty fall on the motorcycle and tear the jacket it should last a life time. I mean there's still WW2 originals

Montreal should have other fashion brands that have sheepskin jackets that are more geared towards fashion, but are probably more expensive.

Thanks man, you really redpilled me on leather. Do shoulder patches look gay/works with this kind of jacket? Do you recommend elastic fitting at the wrists and waist? Should I apply some water repellent product if I do motorcycle? Or better to let it natural? Also, good brand for café racer type of jackets?