Watch thread

Didn't find a watch thread.
Post and discuss watches

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qObNSx3NLxI
youtube.com/watch?v=NgSYZIUrRkw
youtube.com/watch?v=KW4aW5ANDbs
youtube.com/watch?v=m2B3nHfIlEA
ebay.com/itm/CITIZEN-MEN-STAINLESS-STEEL-DATE-WR-BD0020-54E-/380887816635?
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

with that picture, fuck your thread, try again

What do you think?

It's scratched to shit, the crystal can easily be replaced but the case is totally fucked too. I'm assuming it's as poorly made as all the other Soviet watches which means it's chrome plated over pot metal so even if you wanted to polish up the case you couldn't.

The case is fine. The crystal is pretty fucked and even if that's acrylic you could polish it up.

Before you guys start flinging shit at each other over shitty OP's pic I'll post some nice links.

Mr. Philippe Dufour talking about his work
youtube.com/watch?v=qObNSx3NLxI

Mr. Goldberger talking about and showing some watches

youtube.com/watch?v=NgSYZIUrRkw

Mr. Gabriel Benador showing some of his collection aka what an interesting collection can look like

youtube.com/watch?v=KW4aW5ANDbs

Mr. Marc Andre Deschoux explaining what Mr. Hayek did for watchmaking with Swatch Group

youtube.com/watch?v=m2B3nHfIlEA

Thewatches tv is a very good channel for learning about watches and the industry. Hodinkee is kinda nice, but very biased. Honorable mention for Theo & Harris' Christian Zeron for being an honest young guy and making watches accessible for a younger market.

Value reply, appreciate it my friend.

Very nice, it's rare to see such good posts as yours especially in a shitter thread like this.

fuck off with that quartz chinkshit

Hello, I have been sent here by /g/ and /adv/ because I need a little in looking for a watch.

I'll say immediately that I am no expert

I am searching for a watch similar to the one in the pic (skagen holst watch), but with a smaller diameter (38mm instead of 40), possibly with the seconds hand and a slightly darker colour for the leather.

Unfortunately I can't find one that I really like.

Other characteristics in common with the holst should be: crystal not in acrylic, reflective dial (also aquamarine, green, grey colours are fine), width of 6.5mm or less.

Anyone can help me?
Suggesting watch brands selling similar products is okay as well

Thanks a lot

I was at a collectors' panel with Gabe today at Watchtime - was really unfortunately bland in person.

What do you think of this, Veeky Forums? Had to take pic through display case

Don't mind me, just posting the best watch of all time

No
Casio is great but not the only watch to wear, it doesnt replace a dress watch

What is with this insufferable trend of wearing anal beads and bracelets and shit next to your instagram-shilled Chinese garbage watch?

Thank you.

He comes across as superboring, but childishly mesmerized by his watches and really seems to know his stuff.

Your trolling is rather weak.

Pic from Thibaut Pellegrin's instagram. He's the Director for A. Lange & Sohne in Western Europe.

Trolling? I was under the impression that i can wear any watch i like.

LOL at any grown man using Daniel Wellington

Is this worth going for?

>that bezel
my dick

Serious question, but is the bezel the most distinctive part of a rolex? Why not just get a cheap automatic and slap a nice bezel on it?

which one the tag or the nixon..

only the tag has a bezel

so a bezel is the thing with the numbers and grooves that rotates

My two loyal good gentlemen

stop posting your shitter watch, it is trash, and you got scammed pls off urself

Found this in the trash

put it back

My mom just bought me a wooden watch as a gift.What is a good fit that goes well with a wooden watch ?

Wear it as a dress watch in important occasions or in work to stand out from the crowd. Do not take it for outdoors activities or clubbing etc.

use it once out of compromise and then burn that piece of crap

Bought the Wostok/Vostok for $6 a couple of years ago. Finally got my inherited omega serviced.

Why is this still a thing?

No. That's what's called a "rotating bezel" which is common on dive watches and other tool watches. The term bezel generally refers to the area of the case surrounding the glass. For example, this pic shows two rolex datejusts with two different styles of bezel.

I'm really not into chronographs, or really, any tool watch with functions that I would never use... But god damn the speedmaster is really a work of art.

I have this Green Vratislava Conceptum (polish microbrand)

>All these Daniel Wellingtons
Pls no. I thought you were better than this, Veeky Forums.

Contributing with my Tudor oyster from 1960.

yeah i love it, it's the hesalite and stainless steel one

i use the chronograph when cooking

i also keep it running a lot when i'm out to get that beautiful seconds hand to sweep around and so people don't ask if my watch is stopped

Look into Junghans, or I guess Nomos if your budget can stretch.

Where it belongs

Anyone else love a Speedy on brown leather?

maybe

how easy is it to change from SS bracelet to strap without scratching the damn thing

I hear ya, but at the same time I would still prefer to use my gshock for cooking, that way I don't care if it gets grease or anything else on it.

If I had the money I'd definitely buy one though.

Where do you buy your watches?

it's not hard

Can I order the leather strap that comes with the first omega in space watch and will it fit my speedy moon?

eBay, zenmarket, watchrecon

Measure the lug size

Depends how careful you are, mine already had a couple, pretty easy to avoid if you're not cack-handed.

Then get a springbar tool (should cost about $10 or less)

They're basically the same model aren't they? Check the lug width but I think they're both 20mm.

Actually FOIS needs a 19mm strap, not 20.

To be honest you'll be better off anyways measuring the lugs of your watch and getting a third party leather strap that you like. OEM straps are typically way overpriced.

thanks friends

W2C something like this?

China

Cool collectors piece. I have a few Disney character watches, but I've never seen one like that.

Need a bigger watch, user.

picked up a tag 2000 from ebay for $480
its quartz sure, but i enjoy the accuracy

people who spend money on tags should be lobotomized, seriously whats wrong with you?

What are you spending money on?

>I enjoy the accuracy

There are some good reasons to wear a watch. Timekeeping is not one of them.

The only thing you enjoy is the TAG HEUHEUHEU badge and you know it.

Which is fine. It's a cool badge with some interesting sartorial history.

But own that shit. You're a poorfag with a watch-badge fetish. Don't try to make that something it isn't. What you are wearing isn't a status piece. Never has been, never will be.

>There are some good reasons to wear a watch. Timekeeping is not one of them.

wut

why do you wear a watch then? rofl

Grandpa willed this to me, is this too flashy for someone 27 y/o?

Because I enjoy them.

Yes.
Put in a lockbox, safe, or safe-deposit box and leave it there for your grandchildren.

Looks pretty cool, but more of a streetwear thing

Bought through Jomashop, got a piece of shit that didn't work, spent $35 just to send the damn thing back to get my refund.

Went to an authorized dealer and paid $100 more than Jomashop wanted, but got a real warranty and met a cool dude who owns the place in the process.

what watch are you talking about?

guy who posted the tag, why you hating on tag so much? serious question

if you just trolling, dont bother answering

pleb

Pair it with a tracksuit for Tony Soprano-core.

Hi.

Alright lads, im just gonna come out and ask, at the risk of sounding cringey

Whats a watch that would give off an heir of biker-esqe masculinity but still effay? I got a gold wedding band and a club ring both gold, so i was thinking something ostentatious would fit, like pic related is what im thinking, but if anyone has a reccomendation or could steer me in a direction i would appreciate it

$100 or so is what im in the market for,

>Inherit the solid fucking 18kt gold brick known as the Rolex PRESIDENT
>Throw it in a safe and forget about it to let someone else inherit it later
If your grandpa gave you such a nice watch he presumably wanted you to wear it and you should. Maybe you don't want to walk around with it every single day, but at least wear it every once in a while. It's a good watch. Make sure you get it serviced, too.

Different user, but

Pre-quartz crisis, Heuer was a very accomplished watch brand (with a particular legacy around racing chronographs). After the crisis, it was aquired (like so many brands) and became tag Heuer. Unfortunately a great deal of tag's business is selling vastly overpriced, uninnovative watches and pouring money into aspirational advertising and celebrity tie-ins. Their high end stuff has gotten a little better more recently (as has everything in the lvmh group) with stuff like their microtimers and cheap tourbillons, but their basic business practice is the same. They've even started dropping "tag" from some of their watches, branding them simply as "Heuer".

Similar sad story with some of the bottom swatch brands like longines.

Looking for a cheap watch (under 100 bucks). Is a Timex Fairfield good ? Shit looks great for the price.

Get a citizen with a stainless steel case.

>Invicta
>Ostentatious

By its very definition you can't get an ostentatious watch for under $100 christ

That's the Rolex fucking President. Don't you dare not wear that. Maybe not every day but it's an absolute icon, too special to hide away.

>cheapest is 250€

i wear this guy in the daily

whaddya think?

>on the daily
ooops

ebay.com/itm/CITIZEN-MEN-STAINLESS-STEEL-DATE-WR-BD0020-54E-/380887816635?
What the fuck are you on about?

small watch because small wrist.

How easy is it to service your own watches? I've got a Seiko 5 that I dropped once, and gains 2 minutes a day now. Figured it's cheap enough that if I fuck up, I can just buy another. But, I'd like to learn how to take watches apart. Is it worth learning, or should I just take my fancier watches to an expert?

swatch is terrible except for some of their chronos. but do what you want. this one at least seems to have no seconds hand so you lucked out because the ticking is unbearably loud and annoying in standard gent models. the design is fun but not well readable at times I imagine.

>Nivada

never heard of them but that's some nice design you got there.

100% not going for respectable or status symbol, just like to have fun with my fashion

Very nice. Is that a quartz piece?

thanks for the info

The tools and oil and stuff you'll need will probably cost you way more than the watch is worth. You can look into it if you think it would be fun, but it definitely wouldn't save you money. It's quite a bit more specialized than doing an oil change in your driveway or something like that.

Watches, in the current year.