Hey, folks! For the first time in over a year...

Hey, folks! For the first time in over a year, Veeky Forums is returning to the pitch in a virtual divegrass competition against other boards.

The cup is live now and Veeky Forums will play against /wsg/ in a few minutes. I'll do my best to net us a win. Find a link to the stream and tournament info on the wiki:

implyingrigged.info/wiki/Main_Page

Come and hang out in our very quiet discord channel if you feel like it, and we'll cheer the team on!

discord.gg/v7MWnuZ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=syCSIgFjuxU
youtube.com/watch?v=GA27aQZCQMk
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky
youtube.com/watch?v=xvqeSJlgaNk
youtube.com/watch?v=q25ZU1VSEwk
strawpoll.me/14157803
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Aesthetics_Council
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pregame setup vs /wsg/ starting now

I appreciate the effort user but the vast majority of Veeky Forums unfortunately doesn't give a shit about board culture

I'd encourage you to stop wasting your time on ingrates

We face off against /a/ tomorrow. An oversight on my part: we have no victory anthem. Any suggestions on this?

There are enough that care for the effort to be worth it.

Good luck tomorrow user and how about daydream believer by the Monkees.

since Veeky Forums has no board culture, I have an out-of-the-blue proposition

It's the theme from an effay chick in a spooky fighting game

They hated the 'normie' music, so use some David Bowie as the victory screech

this works

So has the roster been updated ?

what time/how to watch?

The last day of the qualifiers starts six hours from now. You can watch by clicking the Smashcast link in this page.

implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky Forums

thanks, user

this one had some support in earlier threads as well so I'll use it for today's match (which is in about 3 hours!) and run a poll with all the options a little later

Veeky Forums VS /A/
STARTING
COME CHEER THE TEAM ON
NOW OR NEVER

/A/ SCORES
0-1

RAF MAKES IT EQUAL
1-1

FIRST HALF DONE
SECOND HALF COMING UP

/A/ SCORES
1-2

/A/ SCORES
1-3
IT'S OVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Veeky Forums IS A TOTAL BITCH

/A/ SCORESSSSSSS
1-4
KEKED

fucking brutal

Veeky Forums got wrecked got damn

Sorry I couldn't net any wins, folks. That last game vs /a/ went a lot worse because I was putting on hyper aggressive tactics to try to equalize- I could have kept it 1-2, but that wouldn't have gotten us out the qualifiers

At any rate, Veeky Forums's next official appearance will be in Spring 2018. I will try to sharpen my skills by then, and I'll try to get us some better aesthetics so we're a more fun team. I do want to poll y'all on the victory anthem that will eventually be used for us:

Fashion:

Under Night In-Birth:

Daydream Believer:
youtube.com/watch?v=xvqeSJlgaNk

Fried Noodles:
youtube.com/watch?v=q25ZU1VSEwk

My personal pick is the last one. Vote for your favourite here:

strawpoll.me/14157803

There is also an option for Something Else; if you choose it, post your idea in this thread.

How do tactics in pess work?

How can we improve the current outfit? Juventus with Supreme on it ain't enough. Also, the characters of other teams seem very impressive. Velociraptors walking around etc. What can we do with our team?

Tactics work via a manager (me) creating a formation and assigning tactical instructions to the team (how it attacks and defends).

The kits were the best I could do with the time I had this time around. Other teams have had more people with much more skill working on them for more time. Pretty much all of those custom models are created or modified in Blender, a program in which I currently have no faculty, nor the time to learn it until next summer. So we are at the mercy of the charity of the "aesthetics council" unless someone from Veeky Forums is handy with Blender.

I'm all for additional kits: do you have any particular ideas in mind? There's a standard template png that is used for creating new kit textures.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you have and to try to make changes to the team desired by the board. Shout at me here or hop into the discord linked above.

A bigger focus on black. The outfits looked really white.
goofninja + ironic streetwear branding

reviewbrah should wear an outfit that's too big for him.
Who is this "council"?

I agree the kits were too white. I wanted the Juventus kit because of the formation I was using, and it was at least something other than plain black, but now that the zona dream is dead, I'm happy to come up with blacker, better kits. I actually want to do this outfit if I can but my earlier attempts were stymied by the fact that the skirt will require modelling work, or something.

This is the council. Feel free to hop in their discord and petition for help- I'll be doing the same periodically.

implyingrigged.info/wiki/Aesthetics_Council