LUNARCORE THREAD

LUNARCORE THREAD

Other urls found in this thread:

weylan-yutani.org/category/costuming/nostromo-crew-shoes/
thirdlooks.com/2017/05/costume-design-in-the-alien-franchise/
other-worlds.co.uk/
vanityfair.com/style/2017/10/sci-fi-fashion
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've probably got a hundred unique fits by now. Shit, I gotta catalog em.

What?

What?

rip poet

Here’s some weak shit, but hey, it’s better than no shit

shit is always shit

>shorts
>lunarcore

W2c knits like that

wtc boots? I know they're PF Flyers but everything they have in stock right now isn't even close to these.

lol
I love this board sometimes

Carry On Lunarcore

its diy tho

Awesome. Could this be really a thing in future or will it get more 5th Element style?

> W2c knits like that

dis

lmao a true icon

They're regular pf flyers but with the eyelets modified to be rings. It's a pretty simple modification but might be kinda hard to do at home idk

w2c jacket?

The pants are a really good starting point, but I don't you are quite there yet.

I seriously have a massive wardrobe of lunarcore fits comprised of components I've mined from all over the world and just about every sample sale and dead stock clearance I could find over the last 4 years. Like, I really went ham on this. I stopped caring what Veeky Forums thinks because it's strangers on the internet and I've gotten so many positive results IRL with this look.

I've never posted anything because, believe it or not, I haven't posted here at all in the last 4 years.

We want to seeeeee.

Would you be willing to just like... lay out a few choice outfits or items and post a couple pics?

there's two pairs of raws in that last pic, everything else is for the 'core, and it's not ALL of my findings, either. As for shoes, here's about half of my current collection, 3/4 of which is for lunar fits.

well, seeing this thread, I decided that it's time to start to document them. I'm actually about to go grab some photos a friend took and forgot to email me - pics of my latest fit and findings.

I feel like eyewear and headgear are what really set a great lunar fit apart from an okay one.

What are you rocking up top?

Usually just a shaved head or there's a hood. I accessorize with bags, and I've mined the PMC-focused apparel companies for that.

Pic related is a jacket my fawkin rich ex bought me on my birthday. Puma x UEG, "Gravity Resistant". Best thing to come of that relationship.

My latest kicks are these super tall AF-1's.

These are my latest pants that weren't thrifted, I think. They have snap closures that tighten up the ankle to show off your shoes better and curved legs, twisted seams, slightly dropped crotch & pilot's lap pockets.

more pics, maybe some fits?

Oohhhh nice!

Mine are kind of a foresty green color that you see on combat pilots IRL but never on ground troops.

I'm working on the fits, I've never really bothered to tbqh, after I left Veeky Forums and the fucking south, I just focused on making money and developing the look. I've had crazy shitloads of tailoring done. I effectively own the jacket worn by the pilot in prometheus now, thanks in part to knotch showing me the base garment. Once I got that base garment, I spent like 80 in tailoring and ended up with

And nicholas K has put out some shit that is just beyond description, like some full zip satiny flight pants... I should go find those.

would these shoes be a good starting point for lunarcore?

Avoid black at first. I'd do white, light grey, green, even tan.

I have no fucking decent camera for these pilot pants Nicholas K did, but imagine drop crotch full front zip WWX flight pants with some modern touches. Rick goes to the air force. They're unreal.

My latest boots are Adidas tubular GSG9's.

show the jacket

Post em all! And get a tripcode.

Only have webcam, and its shit but here ya go for the moment

whoops. it's asymmetrical. It's been tailored for me specifically.

put it on

I gotta bounce, man. I'm like, a working musician now. Really. And I'm not gonna trip again, that was a shit storm.

A.) I don't take orders
B.) I gotta sound design client to meet in an hour

I'm just saying I never stopped. I got this style really locked lately. It's been years, and I spent them developing this kind of shit.

And no disrespect or anything I gotta get shit done and bounce

I'll post a bunch of fits ASAP. There are a lot, I just never imagined heads would GAF.

Gotta be out. Peace.

I can sometimes fit pic related into a decent spacey ensemble. Detachable backpack.

fucking dammit

A R T E N G O
R
T
E
N
G
O

Ah, the Swedish motorcycle jacket. Been looking for one for a good price for a while now, but they seem to have dried up

This is really fucking cool but I have no idea where to get started with this. I use this image for inspo/as a guide but I don't know how to work in individual pieces with what I have. Any tips?

This is some incredible dedication to such a niche aesthetic.

that particular one is from BBS SS14 'Sailorism'
you'll never find one now

Raf did something similar about a decade ago
you'll never find one

just search for open knit sweater
current Helmut Lang womens line tends to do a lot of that
obviously that BBS is an exaggeration of the style and isn't widely produced

but seriously, are you Poet?

just kidding it's obviously you
welcome back

You could probably commission something similar.

Etsy is right over there and there are people doing some pretty weird shit with yarn.

It puts the jacket on its skin or else it gets the hose again

weylan-yutani.org/category/costuming/nostromo-crew-shoes/

here is a site from someone detailing how to modify a pair as per the movie

That's really cool, thank you user.

i think there was one on grailed recently actually, not sure if it's still up

>tfw bought warrior boots in the wrong size
It has been collecting dust and looks brown. Sigh.

whenever you can please make a catalogue of fits user

dam son

Working on it. Soon. Thank you, btw.

That's also like... a decade of collecting.

Soon, I promise.

Thanks, man. I've learned a lot about why I was an arguably shitty person during my absence.

It's personal, you know? I really wanted to flesh it out and it does so well for me in public that I wanted to take it as far as I could.

Just feel. Translate feel to clothing.

W2c

Gstar. The "air defence" model has the most extreme curving and twisting they offer, atm. Easy AF to de-brand.

are you still in touch with any other trips from the old days? what is everyone up to?

Not much. I talk to one or two occasionally, but after I moved to NC and was living with this girl I expected to marry, I just disconnected. I regret this a lot, because the girl turned out bat shit, like diagnosed schizophrenic. She was also an SJW who knew fuck all about actual feminist theory. It was six months before I figured something was wrong with her, so I stopped being intimate with her in almost every way, and I spent every hour writing music.

I miss some of those cats a lot, like Twerk, Timber and other cats, many of whom helped me to push lunarcore a lot farther by suggesting pieces I never would have, but worked real hot.

I was close with one user, we went to see pete rock and DJ premier at the east river, hung out a few times and he was just a good guy, I really dug him. I still have his info, but I'm not emotionally prepared on some level - that girl in NC really fucked me up in a lot of ways... She was two or three different people, and each one was a mask. It really soured me. I don't trust, anymore. I'm trying to open up again.

TBQH, I've chosen to return here for the time being not only to kill time while I get offa benzos (thanks again, pheebs, I'm glad you spent a month convincing me to go back on that shit), but also to face the proverbial music, the hate and maybe find some of those old friends I really connected with.

fuck man just get a tumblr

I don't want to spend a majority of time curating and documenting a life that I should be living. Also, Tumblr is fulla the astoundingly hypocritical pseudo feminists, SJWs and comes with a . shitload of baggage that I learned to really dislike in NC.

Weird, living with an SJW wannabe made me so much more conservative.

It's not the correct thread to ask this, but do you have any information from the past that may be useful, regarding making your own clothes, runway, business and history? Lots of mediafire and mega links are dead. For example. the links Trunks posted about Fashion Design and General Pdfs. The only surviving link is by a user called 'blot'.

>relying on trunks of all people for resources

yeah, I'm actually decent at distressing after all the DIY aspects of my lunar collection. Anything in particular?

To start? Fine grain sandpaper of sleeve edges, and get a seam ripper ASAP, use it on the bottom hem of your tees. The raw edge is SO much nicer, as is the extra inch of length.

Just ask, or get a throwaway mail and we can continue discussion over that without pissing off the board too much.

Sorry, I meant books and articles.

Oh, I'm mostly self taught, or I've taken knowledge from, say, a few years of working construction and ported it over. That's how i know what grade of sandpaper to pick up, for example. I can probably answer your questions, I just don't have a text that I learned from. I just sifted through the net as a whole, and took bits that fit my goal.

I will, however, suggest that you study costume design in film. That's like, 90% MacGuyver tier shit more often than you'd expect.

Try these: thirdlooks.com/2017/05/costume-design-in-the-alien-franchise/

other-worlds.co.uk/

Fucking RLX was making the sickest shit, now they just pump out fucking golfwear. WHY? The integrated thumb holes on that jacket are in my UEG/Puma "Gravity Resistant" jacket posted above. Probably one of my favorite parts of the whole piece.

Thanks.

Thank YOU - That pic you posted is awesome info to have in one place!

You're not going to get that kind of thing out of an egotripper. The second he gives you actual material, you go away to learn yourself instead of paying attention out to him. Much like the Catholic Church, the narcissist gets his power by insisting that he's the only one who can answer your questions, not those dumbass books, don't worry about those...

Ego? you think I need props from strangers to discuss something I love? How shallow are you? How much do you project in day to day life?

Narcissist? Really? This is not about me, it's about a look and what's required to achieve it. I could care less about internet points, and you can see that in the years I spent building a niche wardrobe and not telling people about that shit.

You're just off base. Go apply that shit to someone else your age, or start looking deeper. Not everyone has your shit motivations. And if you got a book that lays this shit out, why don't you post it?
I would be genuinely grateful if you did.

You could just get white converse high tops, that's basically what they are anyway

They're PF Flyers. You can read about 'em on other-worlds.co.uk/

Bravo man, amazing collection, looking forward to seeing all of it. Also, glad to have you back (even if it's not the happiest of returns), although just know that really a lot (and I mean A LOT) of the old heads are long gone, but there are still some good threads here and there, just don't get too disillusioned if things aren't necessarily the same as before.

It's a little bit of a rabbit hole honestly, but where would you like to start? Like, which of the things that you mentioned interests you most?

Welcome to getting in to a "style" (and I'm means this truthfully, not sarcastically). Your best bet is to just look at clothes, lots of clothes. Browse web shops, look books, social media, image boards, etc., and find pieces you like (get into the habit of saving up money just in case a 'grail' comes along). And now this, creating a style takes time and money, so be patient, and you will be rewarded in due time. Look at Pseudo, he said it took about a decade to make a wardrobe. But buy what you like, and the pieces of the puzzle will eventually begin to fit together.

>I got this style really locked lately.
can't make claims like that when all you've shown is clothing on racks
come back when you have pics and we'll see how much of god's gift you claim yourself to be
as a matter of fact, your tone is disgusting and I can see why you'd be bullied away by Veeky Forums

I know right? And the funny/sad part about it, is that almost all of it eventually hit the sale rack (And of course it never went to outlet). It's not my style, so I didn't pick any of it up, but I appreciate it. This is me btw.

Also, exhibit A is exactly what I was talking about when I mentioned how the board has changed in my previous post.

you think it's bad now you should have been here in 2013

I'm really looking forward to sharing it, to be honest. I mean, I built it alone, and people like the look, but there aren't many cats in the real world who would look at it with the 'eyes' you and other anons of like mind would.

Sorry about the long ass post, and it's not the happiest of returns, but i was kind of scared of this place for a long time because it had gotten so toxic it actually threatened my love of fashion, as dumb as that sounds.

As for Tumblr, I actually have an empty account and use it to research little aesthetic details when I'm working on expanding my look. Everything will be fine and then I'll pass by some ass insisting that there are 58 genders and a wage gap while also declaring gender is a non existent societal construct and I fuck off, you know?

What I do have is a notebook fulla words that I know will trigger search engines. I pump these into Yoox, Porter, Tumblr, instagram and further my mental range of this style's potential boundaries.

I just want to add, before I fuck off, that I'm really grateful for the opportunity to talk with you about this. I've literally been discussing it with my own mind for years at this point, and if I write a lot it's a function of how excited I am to stumble into this dialogue.

sure thing, whatevs. But not until I can photo it proper.

God's gift is life.

It all DID hit the sale rack! And then people started chasing half of it like two seasons later! I swear I've bought high end nylon pocket laden flight jackets for like 60, down from 400.

Exhibit A is really something that bothers me in a larger sense, I see it everywhere. People want to punish you for stepping out, or they assume an entire backstory for you and make up motivations for you because they're insecure or jaded or they been hurt too much, and it makes me sad on a deep level I can't really feel directly.

I just wish people know I'm not competing or making up for something I feel is missing. I just want to develop a look for myself that's really me. If I can share that, I'm happy.

If doing so proves anything to anyone, I only care about what it proves to me - seeing my work in an objective second perspective is a good thing.

No, I completely understand the toxicity, but there's also the fade of hobby (I don't have many friends that are into fashion, but it's something we've all experienced, we've all had to step away from fashion at one point or another, but we've all come back eventually, but back to the main point). Although a lot has changed over the years, I think the few of us that have stayed have done so because there's still really nowhere else out there online like this, be it reddit, SZ, the rotting corpse of SuFu, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if even people stop by from time to time and just lurk, which is a shame, because people like knoch and Veeky Forumscist and spacehitler were really insightful, especially to those of who didn't have a firm grasp on the industry yet (myself included).

Also, before I forget, it's not much of an article, but it might help throw a couple more ideas your way:
vanityfair.com/style/2017/10/sci-fi-fashion

And I'd love to discuss more about this , but not necessarily here, feel free to drop me an e-mail here: dabantzfashion@gmail

i have those tubular doom primeknits as well, great lunar core shoes

>Sorry about the long ass post, and it's not the happiest of returns, but i was kind of scared of this place for a long time because it had gotten so toxic it actually threatened my love of fashion, as dumb as that sounds.
nothing has changed really, if anything it's worse, just don't take it seriously enough that it gets to you

>God's gift is life.
that's beautiful and true. looking forward to your pics!

>there's still really nowhere else out there online like this, be it reddit, SZ, the rotting corpse of SuFu, etc.

this is depressingly true

With or without over wear?

Lol

Where can I go for good inspo?

Nah don't be afraid, I haven't been here for long but you seem so purely enthusiastic about what you're into. It feels like a breath of fresh air.

A 10/10 fit if I ever saw one. A fusion of styles drawn together to form an avant-garde masterpiece of fashion. The footwear is certainly a centrepiece of this perfectly amalgamated outfit - clearly a throwback to early 1950s clown attire, while also incorporating some more modern clown elements á la late 80s early 90s Weber Bros. Now the silhouette of the footwear may hark back to these early elements of clowning, but the off-kilter tying of the laces is clearly paying homage to early 17th century British Ship of the Line fashion through the use of this rare British Naval knot. In the pants we clearly are seeing some elements of Americana with a classic black denim that provides a flawless transition from shoe > pant. Such a transition may look simple, but pulling it off with such expertise is anything but. A real traditional look through the leg is cut abruptly when we come to the waist and we are presented with some of the more experimental aspects of the fit - the hoodie. Alone the hoodie is a conversation piece, but the way this is worn it's a not just a conversation piece between friends or fellow fashion afficianados, it's cause for a general assembly. The contrast of dark - light is clearly a social commentary metaphor on the current state of ethnic relations within the global community - such a statement incorporated into fashion is truly an aspirational movement that will affect fashion in future days. Additionally, the rolled sleeves on the hoodie also say "hey, the ethnic tension is not OK and I am ready to get dirty to solve this problem". Beneath the hoodie is what looks like a plain back T, heh... anything but.. it's braided from the OPs own hair (head AND pubic) and is a unique one of a kind item with a truly interesting story.
Overall this fit is flawless, I'm not sure Veeky Forums is entirely ready for such forward thinking yet. I think ultimately, this fit will be lost on the masses.