Explain to me the prices of Vetements please

Explain to me the prices of Vetements please.

the "total fucking darkness" and "may the bridges i burn light the way" hoodie are my grails.

clothing made in europe = western hour rates
great quality materials
the time and effort that goes in to the design process, designing and refining the idea, creating plenty of samples and refining the garment more and finally the finished product
after all that, you have to make decent amount of profit from every sold garment to factor in that high fashion is very niche, the amount of pieces created is relatively small and you have to sold certain amount of everything to just break even
if you think the prices are too much, it's understandable that's why options in different price brackets exist

>My friends very often can’t afford the clothes. Like myself, I wear prototypes but I don’t think I’m crazy fashion enough to go and buy those things. I’d rather go on holiday. I feel like it brings more use. Holidays are important. Holidays and quality time on your sofa.
(Demna)

their prices are le ironic for le internet generation

jews

death metal logo + edgy sleeve writing + sleeves too long = hi fashion somehow.
also anything that retardedly famous rappers wear in one photo becomes $10,000 more expensive.

i don't understand the slacks and dress shoes. like why the fuck?

You know nothing, stop trying to have an opinion.

VETEMENTS' purposeful overpricing is part of their concept. Something about making an ironical statement by paying tremendous amounts for basic-looking clothes or some similar edgy teenager bullshit. Also some pieces such as their jeans actually require advanced craftsmanship and are expensive to produce, but they are still not worth their stupidly high price point.

The prices are jokes. The whole line is a joke

It's a "joke". The punchline is making a boatload of money.

>You know nothing, stop trying to have an opinion.
>Also some pieces such as their jeans actually require advanced craftsmanship
spicy....

It's easy, they are a meme brand, they know that they wont last long, so they have to maximize the profits whie they are relevent.

it's ironic, subversive, hypocritical mocking, decontextualizing, waxing philosophical and it's telling the truth. the brand is one giant 'parody'. demna is a true genius

fuck off, demna

cringe as fuck please delete this post

Non confrontationally asking Why? He's maybe referring to an annoying brand but it applies to good clothing in general. You want quality, you pay for it. If not, H&M is over THERE, you know?

>good clothing
>vetememes
pick one

Understood. Makes sense.

whos this bam margera?

bam just released a cky skate vid on utube bam is back

>2017
>not wearing full vetements daily

Man, I don't know.

I can understand pricing with designers like Owens, CCP, Ann D., etc. but Vetements is what I imagine has the pricing structure of "People are willing to pay whatever because it's designer" while being really unimaginative.

Vetements is literally an ironic brand, it isn't much deeper than that.

>VETEMENTS' purposeful overpricing is part of their concept
>hurr durr im only pretending to be retarded