Is this the most Veeky Forums film of the year?

Is this the most Veeky Forums film of the year?

Other urls found in this thread:

racked.com/2017/10/10/16453300/blade-runner-2049-coats
magnoliclothiers.com/2049-coat-overcoats-p-788.html
amazon.com/Bates-Strike-Waterproof-Tactical-Black/dp/B00T3ITO0M/?th=1&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No. I mean yeah

No.
Nobody in it wears anything Veeky Forums.

Most of it looks decent and appropriate within the context of the film, but the fits are all boring and even the statement pieces are all boring.

the costuming of the film was intentionally subdued

Yah.

And it worked.

But the fits weren't interesting enough to make it the most Veeky Forums film of the year.

cinematography was Veeky Forums but costuming was way too lowkey to be Veeky Forums, with exception of maybe transparent yellow jacket + black outfit and maybe some of the stuff the prostitutes wore

OP is obviously being hyperbolic and wants to talk about the film's fashion.

Roger Deakins killed it as always.

The fashion wasn't great, but it did exactly what costume/wardrobe is supposed to do, which is to blend seamlessly and sensibly into the rest of the PD and narrative. For example, you only see natural fiber fabrics on the elite, whereas K's jacket is just completely function over form, looks beat-up/possibly repaired, and 100% synth. Everything fits their characters and the world they live in.

w2c bath robe?

>hoodless jacket in a place where it almost never fucking stops raining
>functional

come on now.

I liked Luv's boots.

>2049
>no one wears gothninja

triggerred

The outfits in 2049 are largely functional (with still a lot of room for expression - they aren't entirely functional).

I can't imagine the police running the streets of cyberpunk LA in baggy gothninja. It's not conducive to running at all.

Help me Veeky Forums I'm in love with his jacket and I don't know what to do.

>leather
>has belt

C'mon son.

Be careful.

Hell, I know. I'm sorry.
But cyberpunk triggers my autism to 11. The rational side of my brain is fighting for sanity.

I think Gosling might alternatively wear other, more subtle jackets in the movie? Anyway, you can find shearling-lined coats that aren't full-on trenchcoats.

You're right; the womens' outfits were on the whole better in the movie:

racked.com/2017/10/10/16453300/blade-runner-2049-coats

I'm just saying there are more accurate versions out there, my dude. The jacket is actually cotton.

I'm full autismo for cyberpunk too. That's why I wear stuff like Julius.

Who was more Veeky Forums?

Share pointers my benevolent user, for I am nothing but a retarded newfag.

>luv
>not Veeky Forums
she looks like a rick owens model

What kind of pointers are you looking for?

She's the only character in the movie aside from the waifu that could plausibly flex . She could wear literally anything but instead she goes around dressed like a librarian soccer mom. See

I'd be interested in finding a cotton one, have you found any?

magnoliclothiers.com/2049-coat-overcoats-p-788.html

This one looks promising. He's working on making it more accurate, so I'd wait for the updated photos.

I personally wouldn't use it day to day stuff, but it'd be cool to have or good for cosplay if you're into that.

Also, while we're at it, here's the boots that Goose wears in the film.

amazon.com/Bates-Strike-Waterproof-Tactical-Black/dp/B00T3ITO0M/?th=1&psc=1

That's looking pretty good. All I've found on amazon are leather, unfortunately.

Anything helps, really. Just the posting of those two images was a bliss. But as mentioned, I'm in an actual general need of a new coat/jacket. That's why the movie triggered me that much.
But generally If you have anything you love, please share link.
Bonus round for: "how to not look like a fedoralord/complete autist."

Nope. Then again, with time maybe.

I'd assumed they would custom design his footwear... interesting

>Bonus round for: "how to not look like a fedoralord/complete autist."

You could start by not trying to look like a character from a Blade Runner film...

The whole reason fedoras are reviled is that young nerds latch onto them after seeing their first film noir.

There is literally nothing more fedoralord than wanting a jacket like K's. You're doing the THING, to the letter.

This. Just do it for Halloween/cosplay, other wise you are a fedoralord.

Really though, you could wear his outfit sans the jacket and look pretty good.

Dunkirk was pretty Veeky Forums

Dunkirk x Blade Runner pretty much describes my aesthetic. But I have severe autism

Yeah, it was. The fashion of BR2049 was more interesting, though.

You got me bruv. Maybe robots don't mind the rain.

>robots

You got me bruv. I meant to say "space robots".

They aren't either of those things

you fucking bet
i thought everyone was wearing Lang or Rick the whole time

w2c the long sleeve he wears

I've got some ankle height bates I originally bought for a job because I had to have shoes with slip resistant soles. I like them, the ribbed texture on the sides reminds me of scifi stuff, but I've been wanting to get the 10" high ones

I second this.

is the rest of the film also a teal and orange bonanza? can't be that Veeky Forums with such basic cinematography

First part of the film is very grey, exept in the city where it's blue/purple. The second part of the film is mostly orange, though.

Yeah this sequel has nothing on the original

Don't listen to this nostalgia riddled retard and go see the movie. You won't regret it