theperfumedcourt.com/
surrendertochance.com/
perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

raidersofthelostscent.blogspot.com/2016/11/yesterday-and-today-la-nuit-de-lhomme.html
youtube.com/watch?v=QeiOLtaONJU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wheres a good place to order colognes from in AUS?

Also is Armaf tres nuit overpowering or is it subtle?

Have armaf CDNI and I find it way too strong

I like 1 Million and Sauvage

What other frags would I like?

Versace Eros, Spicebomb, Le Male/Ultra male.

piss and shit

I was thinking of getting a cheapie to wear to bed and around the house. Was thinking of Hilfiger Loud due to that BBC documentary. I like sweet scents but feel something floral would be nice for this. I enjoyed the drydown in Joop Homme and the floral notes in Mugler Cologne... Should I get either of those instead?

Alright Gallagher shills, I'm gonna blind buy a few of dude's bottles. Probably gonna start with That Guy and Amongst Waves.

Where does Gallagher ship from, and would you recommend switching out my picks for any of his others? "Aventus-likes" make up the heart of my rotation, so I'm really interested in TG.

my skin makes some frags so fucking sour, or is it the frags themselves?

Try changing your bath soap. Antibacterial / deodorant soap such as Dial should help with your baseline skin flora.

He ships from Texas. Usually I get my order within 5-7 days.

I'd just note, Amongst Waves is very heavy with the melon. If you don't like melon, it may not be for you. It is not subtle. It's also quite sweet.

Bergamust is very nice, it's sort of a musky, smooth citrus aquatic. Very, very pleasant. Really does smell high-quality.

THAT Guy, I haven't tried personally. From what I hear, it's not that much like Aventus, though, just shares some notes.

He always includes some free samples, probably he'll give you Evergreen Dream, since that's his newest and what he gave me last time, and Bergamust, since it's his best seller. If you're interested in THAT Guy, you could email him and ask if he could include a sample of that one. He'll probably accommodate you.

Either way, though, definitely try Bergamust. It's a very underrated frag in my opinion.

How do you guys apply those little 1 mL vials you get as samples? And how much? Dabbing doesn't seem to last too long for me but dumping about a third to a half of it on your palm and rubbing it on your wrists and neck seems to work

i just dab

I agree with what the other guy said about Amongst Waves. It's absolutely one of my favorites, but it's definitely very melon-ish and very, very strong.

The thing I like about Bergamust is it's citrus, but not lemony, and the performance is way better than any other citrus I've used.

And to be clear about That Guy, it's not an Aventus clone or anything... but if you look for similarities, you'll probably smell them. Definitely in the same vein. I like it a lot.

You really can't go wrong with any of those three imo.

Where's a good place to spray if I'm wearing pants and a turtleneck sweater? Most of my body is covered and I do NOT want to spray it on my clothing.

Directly into your eyes.

Well lads, it's nearly time. Headed back over to Amsterdam tomorrow for more shenanigans.

I'll make sure to post purchases and update you on what the ladies are wearing these days. Stay tuned for the latest trends in hooker olfactory fashion!

>turtleneck
Spray it up your asshole so your boyfriend has something nice to smell

Threadly reminder that almost every mens marly fragrance is elite

what kind of idiotic question is that? let me cover my whole fucking body but not want to spray my clothes

Thanks for the input. Maybe I'll just buy all three. I've taken bigger perfume risks.

If either of you own Bond no 9 Wall Stret / Creed Millesime Imperiale, how do those two compare to Amongst Waves? I'm not afraid of sweet and fruity (I wear YSL Mon Paris in public) but redundant would be unfortunate.

As for That Guy, I'm not expecting a clone but a genre entry. Something as reminiscent of Aventus as, say, Cedrat Boise or Scent of Peace fH. So long as it's a novel repackaging of familiar notes I should be very happy.

Just behind your ears and maybe your wrists too.

MI is really nothing like Amongst Waves. Amongst Waves is a very strong, sweet honeydew melon with crisp apple, patchouli, and some subtle ginger and vanilla. It's actually a pretty heavy scent, despite being an aquatic.

And yeah, you can't really go wrong with Bergamust. I don't think anyone would dislike it. To me, it's kind of like a cleaner, chilled-out, less obnoxious Sauvage with addition of a nice, smooth bergamot note and a big hit of white musk. Very versatile and very wearable. I'd say it's a pretty safe blind buy.

kek

What frag will make me smell like a nice morning dew, not citrus flowers and dew.

I mean like a mint dew or something along those lines.

>pic related this kind

y so mad over smell good liquids

is it okay to wear
Prada Luna Rossa Carbon
in the winter? Sometimes I liek fresh in cold weather, feels airy and clean, as opposed to frags that are warm and musky and spicy and heavy

do do do do doo doo doo doo
brooklyn fraagrance looverrr
brooklyn fraaaaaagrance looverrr

I transfer them to little atomizers usually, but whatever gets it on your skin. .3-.5 ml sounds like an average application to me. I'd skip the palm middle man and dump directly on forearm and apply from there, myself.

Dude, I just got a vintage red bottle of Route du Vétiver and that black currant note over the rooty smoky vetiver? Forget about it; it's tits and I bet you'd love it.

KG

Lighter scents have trouble projecting in the stiller denser cold air, plus they have to contend with more layers of clothing. Not life or death, so you wear whatever you want whenever you want it, not including gassing people out.

when the cringeworthy pencil neck, redolessence, tried to make his own brand "I smell well so you can smell good" jesus

are they good

Isn't that Prada's version of Sauvage? It works best in warmer weather.

clean scents like that are difficult to reproduce

search for something grassy with eucalyptus for a bit of freshness

CB I Hate Perfume - Winter 1972

Not quite, but eh

Warning: longevity and projection will be ASS

ez

I wanna buy an old formulation of La Nuit on eBay. If it’s got the batch code with pictures and the seller has pretty much all positive feedback but it’s from some random country, what are the odds it’s fake?

I just bought a new bottle knowing that people say it's not as good as the older formulations.

With that in mind, has anyone actually done a proper double blind test between the old and newer formulations?

raidersofthelostscent.blogspot.com/2016/11/yesterday-and-today-la-nuit-de-lhomme.html

Don't forget the Muglers.
Also Boss Bottled Intense, Spicebomb, and Joop! maybe?

Anyone try the Lapidus Black Extreme version? I prefer things that aren't powdery or talcy.

Calvin Klein Truth

What is a better summer scent?

armaf tres nuit

or

insurrection pure II (damn it has sexy packaging)

Damn, I wanna cop that Gallagher core set to give it all a shot, but I don't know how long it's gonna stay warm here (fluxuating between the 60s and 70s right now). Seems like a lot of those phrases shine in the warm weather as well

what do Veeky Forums

L'eau d'issey is literally citrus flowers and dew, he asked specifically for something not like that

woops didn't see the not in there

why are you so angry?

What's something like ck one that lasts all day?
I love the scent but it has the longevity of a couple of hours.

What's a good frag for a night/meal out with friends?

I have both Creed MI and Scent of Peace for Him. It sounds like we probably have similar tastes lol.

And again, I agree with the other poster. MI is not really similar Amongst Waves, but if you like one, I can see there being a good chance at you enjoing the other.

Same with Aventus / That Guy / Scent Of Peace for Him. Similar ballpark, while still being substantially different enough to be worth owning all of them.

The One EDT, I think? Anyone else back me up on this? Or is it too "sexy"?

Why must you always torture me with unobtainable vintage scents, Mr. Guy?

Maybe I can swap some vials of my new Gallaghers for a taste of that Route sometime before the year is out...

Why are fragrantica contributers so much nicer than basenotes scum.?

anyhoo

got a bunch of l'artisan parfumeur samples today.

power rankings;
1. dzongkha (really liked this one. a bit odd. smells like a chinese herbal shop with some incence, dirt and vetiver. gonna buy a bottle. i find it comforting)
2. Voleur De Roses (apparently a unisex rose frag that a man can pull off. I like declaration d'un soir and wanted a classier rose frag. rose and patchouli. really liked it.....but it smells too feminine. my mum might like it)
3. Passage d'Enfer (lillies and incense. ilike it but it makes me smell like a homosexual or an old lady. I didn't find the incense very forward)
4. timbuktu (big hype. bit disappointing. there are similarities with dzongkha (vetiver and incense) but there's a note that I really dislike in it. prefer cdg 2 man)
5. fou d' absinthe (begins with some aniseed and cheap "christmas scented" pine car-air-freshner...then dies down to generic aromatic fougere. not as loud as azzaro or rive gauche ph)
6. two for tea (tobacco and black tea. smoky. it might grow on me but just now i find it a bit sweet and cloying)

all 6 were pretty decent.

I’ve worn acqua di gio for about sixteen years and love it. I’ve also liked bay rum, though everyone else hates it.

r8 my collection so far

I am getting rid of armaf, can't stand to smell it anymore

>either owning two bottles of MiP or owning both the edt and edp

either one is silly, user

Hows the sillage and longev on it?

who is the best youtube fragrance person and why is it simply put scents

there really isn't any good ones as a whole.

Dracdoc is boring, fragrancebros is shit without Jer, Betawiblood is probably an alien with how terrible he is with words, jeremy is infinitely more attractive than most of us so what he says about some things is kind of dumb, etc

max forti, simply put scents, j copeland are all elite

On armaf?

Longetivity is crazy, like 12 hours+.

Projection is moderate to good.

It's just my thang, Mr. Fag. I'm sure we can come to some mutually agreeable terms.

I like London and MiP a lot, although I rarely wear either these days.

Aramis Havana is a very nice bay rum EdT available online for under $30 / 100ml.

Acqua di Gio is just fine. I was also wearing it around 2000, as were most anons old enough to have been rocking frags back then. If you want to branch out just a tiny bit, pick up the AdG Profumo flanker in the black bottle.

I keep saying this, but you should use the CDNI as a sneaker freshener. I never liked it on skin, but it's a very pleasant shoe scent that hides odors well. I previously used CK2 for this purpose. Please try and report back, then I'll tell you what's wrong with your collection.

Is luna rossa carbon the closest frag to somewhat resemble petrichor?

>But it's a really good one
>
>to wear
youtube.com/watch?v=QeiOLtaONJU

Is there a difference between Insurrection II Pure and Insurrection Pure?

I honestly don't think insurrection pure exists and theres just been a confusion.

You honestly shouldn't fuck with that one at all. Which ever you were thinking of getting, it's bad and a waste of your money. $35 gets you 1/3 of the way to the Pineapple Vintage of your choice.

Recent cop. R8 for fall.

The smell is incredibly realistic but totally unwearable, like most CdG frags.

Seriously, it smells like the inside of a Home Depot.

Is there anything that smells like Tom Ford's Plum Japonais? Ideally something not as expensive?

No bitch, you R8 you're the one who copped it

>Pineapple Vintage
why is this?

I just want more pineapply and less smoke

Other than the five on the fragrantica page?

are you full arab or only half?

Is there a fragrance set you'd recommend for beginners?

is that a The One EDP? how is it?

Where can I buy (EU) samples of:
Tom Ford Private Blend
Christian Dior Privee
Armani Prive

Slav mostly, a bit Italian

It's EDP. I love it, smells so cozy and inviting. Longevity is good but I feel projection is lacking.

Other than the fragrance guide?

Go to Sephora and just smell a few things. Then ask for samples of things you like and wear them on you a day or so and see how you like it. It's cheap, and you get a better idea of what you like. It also helps to know what you like in a fragrance for summer, winter, etc.

Fuck it I bought it anyways. Spent something like 60-70 bucks on samples this week
no ragrets

Any 2017 winter fragrances (male) you recommend? I'm on the market for something new.

Works like a charm people

P U R E M A L T
U
R
E

M
A
L
T

I blind bought this a month ago and hated it.

I was born acoustic and it's tough getting a pretty girl to give me samples and stuff.

What are some rules or basics when in the store?

Smile, when talking look in eyes and mention a girlfriend

It must be hard to born acoustic.
And my question would be, why Tom Ford perfumes are too expensive. I have two (velvet orchid, noir extreme) and they smell too ''elite?''. They are just not something you could wear daily, or you have to be Pagan Min sorta lookin guy to wear those daily.

That's just the way he makes his scents.

Is this a new meme?

Wearing dior sauvage right now. Still pretty strong citrus after a few hours but can't figure out what else is there. Wood? Spice?

It's not bad but idk all dior scents I've tried have this similar note to them

If you layered a frag with a gin note and this,would you smell like Hendrick's Gin?

How is He Wood Rocky Mountain?

Not him but tons of value for the price. When i had a sample it lasted into the next day. Love it, need to get a bottle still

ysl la nuit vs DandG the one?

Amsterdam hooker fag reporting in. Just returned from my first session of the trip. A very busty (fake), slim Bulgarian blonde. She was wearing Versace Crystal Noir, which I found quite sexy. Of course, I suppose just about anything smells reasonably sexy when you've got a nice big pair of tits in your face.

Good times.

What are your thoughts on Kouros?

it's robes08 hand down best

One behind each ear and one into the hair