What is Veeky Forums's car of choice, preferably cheap (15-25k)?

What is Veeky Forums's car of choice, preferably cheap (15-25k)?

New civic looks clean

Other urls found in this thread:

jalopnik.com/tennessee-governor-leveled-a-300-million-threat-at-vw-1556229931
bbc.com/news/business-34712432
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>cheap
>15k
>getting a new car
Pls leave or atleast lurk more before you post

I'd suggest buying a used car for 6 - 8k and don't bother with financing. I'm warning you now. If you ignore this, at least factor in the cost of insurance which is $250 - $450 a month.

Good luck.

any type of car? Probably an 09 accord is best option?

The new Civic's design is too bold for me. If I'm buying a Civic, I'm not interested in sportiness, looks, or showing off. I'm interested in a modest sedan. That's what the Civic always has been.

What are you looking for?
Sporty?
Comfortable?
Nice interior?
Just something to get you from A to B?
Something that doesn't depreciate as quickly or dgaf?

Oh. Also are you willing to buy used or new only?

New Prius C, because it is 20k and gets 50mpg plus it has a high resale value.

I'm just asking for everyone's opinion. Gonna grad from college in 3 years in MIS so hopefully $65k starting salary, wondering what everyone thinks

Not gay and probably too big for the car (6'6 235)

I got a 97 civic, 192k, I've had it for almost 20k and its going strong. Civics are amazing. I'd prefer to buy new tho just to not have to deal with unexpected problems and peace of mind.

Talk about counting your chickens before they hatch

I know, this is just for fun/ shits and giggles, just giving you some more perspective

You might wanna be careful
The more you build yourself up, you'll come crashing down that much harder
A friend of mine was bound to get this huge contract which was valued in millions.
Was supposed to set him up for 15 years and would have been a huge addition to his portfolio.
He was going around looking at all the shit he wanted to buy. Checking out new cars and houses.
He ended up not getting the contract and he was on the verge of suicide.
He never managed to really bounce back from it

I know, this is just shits and giggles, barely taking it seriously, just figuring coming out of college I need a better car than my 02 trailblazer that shits the bed all the time

>buy crown vic for 3k
>drive it for 6 years
>put 50k miles on it
>spend maybe 1500 on maintenance and mostly small diy repairs
>get T-boned by a dumb butch
>no frame damage, just fucked up my body work in one spot
>her insurance pays me 2500 bucks for body work.
>just fucking sell it for 1500 bucks

Spending 1 cent per mile is about where I am comfortable.

>luck into a Pacifica with 70k miles for 2500 bucks
>the legend continues.

The Pacifica is a faggy car desu but its in great shape, has awd ( weak awd, but it's good in the winter) has remote start, and is great for travel. Comfy ad fuck and lots of space. The best part is after I pile 30 or 50k miles on it over the next 5 years I will still be able to get at least 2k for it, since that is basically the floor for a working car with 4wd.

>new cars
>shitniggawatudoin.png

dont listen to these faggots

a used car is a fucking gamble
i have a firend that goes through used cars like shoes, because thier fucking used you have no idea if they were even maintained correctly. and guess what? in a couple of years your gonna have to shell out agian because your piece of shit used car took a dump

Buy a new car, cheap right
anything japanese, they are low maintenance, and can get alot of miles on them if maintained.
taking on a new car with a car loan will also boost your credit at the same time, you cant lose

>the cost of insurance which is $250 - $450 a month
waaaat

How are civics for guys with broad shoulders and 6 feet tall?

I thought civics were better for women

Before you're 25, especially for males, insurance is horrible

Crown vic ftw

I seriously hope you're considering babying and owning what ever new car you're planning on buying for at least 20 years

20 years lol. 10-12 is fine

I bought my new subaru 2 years ago and never paid more than ~$70/mo. And I'm 26 now

do you really go through cars every 10-12 years

cool your autism businessboy

really? you're going to own 3 automobiles in your lifetime and leave the 3rd for your grandchildren?

Kia

Great little go kart piece of korean shit.

Ventilated seats are nice but it is a shit tier vehicle.

Lowest quality expectations from them, leasing makes a lot of sense with Kia.

idk. thats longer than average

I bought a new 16 accord EX-L v6 last week.

I traded in a 12 Camry that I bought new 4 years ago for 10.5k. I paid 22k total for it when I bought it.

If you are fine with a 300 dollar car payment you can trade in cars every 3 or 4 years and be okay with a low interest rate.

If you can't afford that, then you have more problems than ”only poor people finance cars so buy a cheap piece of shit that will break down or require maintenance all the time”...

Really depends on how old you are and what you make salary tho.

>I traded in a 12 Camry that I bought new 4 years ago for 10.5k. I paid 22k total for it when I bought it.

That's weird. I paid 22k for the Camry 4 years ago, traded it in for the Honda and then paid 22k total for the Honda.

Ambiguous sentence not so ambiguous after all.

^This guy fucking gets it. Wrenching your own car is a red pill hobby and extracting that much value out of a vehicle should be celebrated.

I checked autotrader for what a pacifica goes for in my area. 5-7k CAD. If you can pull that off crown vic record off in a chrysler product I think you've earned a place in automotive valhalla.

Both of those cars are pretty nice. My ideal car is a Tesla, but that'l be a long time before I try to get one. Hopefully by then new will drop to $35k and used will be in low 20s

1996 Geo Metro Hatchback

I enjoy waiting for great deals on used luxury cars. If you can figure a way to get into the carmax dealer auctions, I'd suggest that. Usually you can just go up there and give a dealer a hundo or two and he'll let you bid on cars with his credentials. Bring an obd to check out the cars though, carmax will hide airbag lights and some other shit.

Currently driving a 2012 Infiniti G37 that I picked up at a dealer auction for 15.5k when the blue book is 21k private party. No mechanical problems.

Not the greatest car out there, but it's fast and sporty while also giving me the feel of a luxurious 4 door daily driver.

If youre a lame excuse of a man who can't self diagnose and then self repair your own car then do what this guy said.

Otherwise buy used, only logical choice.

Maybe you should have said that in the OP if you wanted valid advice.

>insurance which is $250 - $450 a month.
What the fuck? Did you hit a child?

Thinking about the new mazda 6. Thoughts?

you could do better for the same money, but if you like the way it looks and drives go for it bro. they make decent cars.

I'm under the age of 25.

Older Honda and Toyota are good. Your newer kias are boss. Older Ford focus will last forever. Ford Vics and Buicks are good as well, but gas is a pain - they'll run FOREVER though and easy to maintain.

Bought this: Holden Cruze JH Series II - CDX Turbo Diesel Used.

Fully decked without keyless entry.

Reviews online smash it into the ground as shit, but they clearly have no idea how to drive it. No issues, a dream really and gets about 1000K to 60L

Redbook is 14000, paid 10100 for it on a 1300 ticket.

expiry on registration was 2 months - NSW CTP insurance is~$500, Registration ~$500,
conversion and stamp duty was ~$400
single rear tyre was wearing, replace both $300
and radio / entertainment system was locked out ~$100

just told them i'd pay $500 off the ticket and they'd wear the cost for it to be insured and pay the on-roads.

Final price is where we ended up. Freaking bargain if you ask me.

$13300, not $1300

I started at 60, got a Chrysler 300. I like it a lot, though of course all college girls think it looks like an old man car kek

Dont be a sell out cuck and buy a foreign jap car. Buy an American car and support the economy. Dont be fooled by the idiots who badmouth American cars. They're mostly chinks -- because they make up 3 billion people and can perpetuate their own bullshit and manipulate idiots in to buying their products.

Traditionally, cars have been the foundation of our economy. And this is a direct correlation. From the golden age of the 1950s that brought us a prosperous boom and things like drive-in movies, motels(motor hotels), drive throughs, how everyone was getting a piece of the American dream to the 2008 stock market crash and the bankruptcy of GM and everything else in between.

If you are an American and you dont buy American, then you are a sell out cuck and can fuck off in your new little five dollar feminine cuckmobile made by slant eyed, souless dog eaters half way across the globe and be a nice little conforming peasant.

Shut the fuck up.

A bike, and when you can afford it, a chauffeured Mercedes S class.

Yaris, 4-door.

I have a 2012 LE that I bought new for $16,500 3 years ago. Has been a very nice and reliable car. Paid it off in 2 years. I'm 23.

>If I'm buying a Civic, I'm not interested in sportiness, looks, or showing off. I'm interested in a modest sedan. That's what the Civic always has been.

What? The civic has always been sporty.

You're describing the Accord there, not the Civic. Accord is for the more "modest" consumer.

I'm 23, male. I pay $110 a month for full coverage, 3 year-old car, in California, desu.

Cuck detected

Enjoy dying when you get hit by some fuck in a Suburban.

>If you are an American and you dont buy American, then you are a sell out cuck and can fuck off in your new little five dollar feminine cuckmobile made by slant eyed, souless dog eaters half way across the globe and be a nice little conforming peasant.

>mfw Ford is building a $1.6 billion factory in Mexico

Forget what every other idiot has said, just get a 5-10 year old Japanese sedan for $5-10k.

You don't need a brand new car for it to be reliable and you don't need some shitty $1000 junker that's going to die within a year. If someone tells you that every used car is a junker they're fucking retarded.

Most jap cars are manufactured in America these days and aren't assembled by drunken idiots who are protected from getting fired by their union.

im a male, 24, been in an accident last year (that i caused), and STILL only pay $600 a year.

what youre supposedly paying doesn't sound right at all.

in regards to good used cars for price/value ratio:

- any subaru (especially if you need AWD, these cars are built to last and cheap to fix)
- any lexus (sensible-gentleman-classy brand that's also smooth, reliable, and generally look good in a non-showy way)
- audi A6 (or equivalent 4.2L engine), A4's are good too but not as godly smooth, not as spacious, and not as good of a value

never ever ever buy a BMW. the brand reeks desperate because anybody that knows cars knows that they're built poorly. not only but they look gaudy as well. you'll spend a minimum of 1k/yr on repairs with any BMW model due to foreign parts (whereas an audi will never break down on you).

a lot of it comes to your own research. i own a 2011 subaru outback because:
- lots of space, super sensibly designed
- AWD for winter
- newer models look great
- very smooth
- very comfortable
- hasn't had a single issue yet over a year. then again it only had 60k miles on it when i bought it.

just... dont be one of those countless retards that actually buy new cars. the moment you drive it off the lot, its value is literally cut in half. if want a new car for a used price, buy a two year old model with one owner. let that retard be an idiot with his/her cash.

Mazda 3 tbqh. Specs are better than other ecomony cars. Paying for fancy shit is a fools game when in comes to cars. Don't finance.

I got offers like that from some insurance brands, but went with Geico and pay $65 a month.

That isn't true, most of those plants are in the South and that region of the U.S. is heavily anti union. Example: jalopnik.com/tennessee-governor-leveled-a-300-million-threat-at-vw-1556229931

Also, even if they do have a union, they still pay their workers just the federal min. wage +- a few dollars. Thats peanuts compared to what gets sent back over seas and reinvested in the foreign economy.

You're full of shit mate or you've had multiple prior accidents.

no im 18 never been in an accident and have discounts due to high grades in HS/College and its retardedly high bc young men are the most likely to get into accidents, so they pay the highest rates

Have had a Mercedes, Cadillac, and Lexus and the Lexus was by far the best in terms of reliability.

Won't be buying 'murican cars for a while, I don't want an inferior and likely more expensive product.

Kia Rio. $13k MSRP, pretty good reliability, 100k warranty that's liberal as fuck (I know a guy who cracked a motor mount by going over a curb and it was covered,) and surprisingly roomy (I'm 6'4" and I got at least 3" of headroom.) Con, you're going to have to push the seat way back, so any passengers won't be happy.

Do what this user says, learning how to self diagnose a car is really easy, just spend a few hours on Youtube and search around a little bit and you can find a really nice used car for very cheap.

Who the fuck even buys new cars, taking out a 20k loan for a car is ridiculous.

yeah but then you have to drive a kia

buy an ls1 mt camaro.

might buy a current model year civic once my lease is up, that way ill get one with some miles on it at half the price

You'll pay a lot of for insurance (liability and collision) but not $250 - $450 as someone said. That's $3,000 - $5,400 per year. Unless you're driving a $100,000 sports car, there's no way those rates can be real for a driver with a good record.

One other things that hasn't been mentioned here. Insurance rates can also vary quite a bit depending on where you live. I think it's still true but Harris County (Houston, TX) has the highest auto insurance rates in the country.

I test drove one a few weeks ago. Suspension is choppy af. The interior is nice though. All the controls are in the right places, like an older Ford.

Oh do you have full coverage with a $500 deductible?

I don't know the exact number as I am still on my parent's plan but its close to 3k a year and i drive an 02 chevy in CT

>owning a car

I let the money work for me instead :^)

Sorry m8, the 300 is for niggers who wish they could afford Rolls Royce.

Jesus, literally fuck off. One of the most cancerous posts I've seen on here.

E46 any model.

Pic related was 5.5k. Save the extra 10 you were talking about. And since we're talking Veeky Forums it could make you look like someone people want to hire but that's subjective.

>inb4 maintenance costs
True to some extent but only if you hire the Jews at the dealership to work on your car. M3 costs are 100% true though regardless of who does the work.

>inb4 I can't into auto repair
DIY is supremely easy on E46. Very easy to learn on.

>inb4 lol bmw fag
KYS

Reminder that if you own a Honda (also applies to other brands) to check to see if you have one of those shitty Takata airbags.

bbc.com/news/business-34712432

I'm 23. Drive a 2015 CRV. Pay ~$85 a month for insurance. Geico btw.

S600 Maybachs

Red F12 with black rims.

You have vibration issues with the CRV? Was considering one.

Need an AMG GT with black forgiato rims.

Get the Mercedes A45 AMG

I bought a 2015 Civic LX brand new for $18k, .9% financing.

It's not that good of a car, and I'm probably overpaying for insurance ($140 a month because I'm paranoid) but it gets 34 miles to the gallon and it does everything I need it to.

Don't fucking get a car. The average cost of driving per year is $6000. I live a 10 minute walk to work and use the savings on a $300 a year Prime Now subscription for shopping.

Buy a motorcycle.

Falls in the budget too- Spend $10k on a new bike and $10k on the funeral. Early retirement done right.

You can get a 2015 Audi A3 for less than $25k, and sit on a full bumper-to-bumper for at least 3 years.

Basically a golf GTI with a much nicer ride, interior, and tech.

I'm 24, male, and single.

I barely pay 90$/month on a new Audi in Houston.

What the fuck?

>6 years
>only $1500 in maintenance

Yes, let's brag about winning the lotto and that everyone should buy lottery tickets.

If an old car breaks down on my way to an important meeting or otherwise causes me to lose time, it simply isn't worth it.

It's 'cheaper' for me, both in social and potential financial currency, to lease a new vehicle where everything is covered, including 24/7 roadside + loaners.

Plus, it's not like I have to entertain or impress a client, but there is a social currency that comes with not driving a shitbox.

>If you are fine with a 300 dollar car payment you can trade in cars every 3 or 4 years and be okay with a low interest rate.

You might as well lease.

You can get nicer cars for a lower payment every 3 years.

Go find yourself an off-lease Golf GTI with ~40k miles. Lots of Audi parts, cool interior German quality & "fun to drive," still has youth appeal & you won't be in the Honda poor dude club. Maybe pay $13k for it.

Please don't if you are American, these cars are too popular in Europe, and I don't want these little cuckmobiles on big American freedom roads.

Sorry we all don't live in the slums and work at our McDonalds down the road

go drive your big ass inefficient ass muscle piece of shits faggot

all vw and skoda cars uses same parts as audi. even make the skoda and audis in the same factories lol

spoken like a true american. a true ignorant american.

You buy a big McMansion in the burbs an hour drive away from work instead of doing something sensible like renting a small flat in the city.

What do you guys think about the Mazda 5?

Feeling the Bern a little too hard there mate.