What happened to hipsters. Where did they all go?

What happened to hipsters. Where did they all go?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipster_racism
jezebel.com/5905291/a-complete-guide-to-hipster-racism
youtube.com/watch?v=kAO4EVMlpwM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They became Americana heritage or hypebeast streetwear or normcore #menswear

they evolved into the amish.

Trump had them all secretly killed.

The God emperor strikes again

they became undercut nu male shit tattoos on forearms septum pierced fags you see in any major city

>tfw all the hipsters moved on from fixed gear bikes and now I can ride around on mine in peace

They became alt-right edgelords

this

Nah they became antifa faggots. Hipsters were always homosexual liberals.

the hipster wave of a small amount of people wanting to be "different" influenced the culture, now everyone wants to be different

so you cant really say they exist anymore

No. They were trustafarians looking for meaning in life.

My man are you fucking retarded. Have you been to places where hipsters originated like Portland and San Fran? They are liberals

neofolk (atleast in europe) had a huge impact to hipsters. like most of my friends in milan were normal hipsters playing lo fi music, then started to get into neofolk and european tradition and now ( I'm 26) they're all basically fascists. I am right wing myself but I don't buy the whole mysticism thing around fascism

>backup bike chain/belt
Does anyone seriously do this? That sounds super uncomfortable.

They used to be liberals until Obama won.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipster_racism

jezebel.com/5905291/a-complete-guide-to-hipster-racism

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew did you just write that up now lol

>jezebel

do you actually think anybody is going to click that?

they still exist in LA, hilariously enough

>Where did they all go?
they all moved to PNW, bought Canon cameras and became nomadic photographers

we call them softboys now

Thank goodness I only hit the indie music and glasses (actually need them).
Hate to be a soiboi

"Hipster" is a concept and the stereotype of what a hipster looks and acts like is always changing. Right now hipsters are co-opting extreme metal aesthetics.

The modern hipster originated in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY

The original term was coined by Beat poet Allen Ginsberg in his poem "Howl" in the 50s and meant something entirely other than the williamsburgian variety. They almost certainly both came out of NYC though

We have a ton of hipsters in Toronto.

New Yorker here, the hipsters in Williamsburg aged and now have cushy coding jobs for start-ups so they have money to afford not looking like a college drop out

Isn't this just Slackercore? A friend I have sort of draws some stuff from this, the Mac DeMarco and camels are ez gimmes, but the LaCroix is eerily present as well.

They became a yuppie because the ex-college hipsters have a job now and they want to look professional.

delusional

They are a mix of Yuppie/Yimbie and Dad/Mom hipster.

Everyone will look back in twenty years and see hipster stuff/heavy tattoos old people fashion.

can confirm, work with a bunch of them and their hipster pals come in all the time

you triggered me by posting that awful film and camera

the zoom stylus is terrible and that's the worst fuji film

fuck

this

Hipsterism as a counterculture became too commercialized too quickly. Then as the term became """"mainstream"""" people just used it to refer to shit they didn't like or understand. Like thrifted clothing or shoes that aren't ugly-ass trail runners.

I robbed them all. They walk diff when they're from outta state.

>Where did they all go?
portland

They became nazis and shit. They were upper middle class brats anyway, so it was natural

Don't know what's worse, the person who made this picture, the person who captioned it or the person posting it on here

you

cringe

go away and wank you tvdaddy on your subredit

It's honestly lke if you literally skipped an entire year and where mentally still last years october. Are you faking this shit or genuinly retarded?

they discovered Veeky Forums

Yes, because people wanting to be different is totally a new thing that has never existed before or since this one trend.
You fucking joke.

They didn't go anywhere. They just became common enough to no longer be news worthy.
Also, we have actual neonazis running rampant now, so we no longer need to settle for trivial shit to complain about. The fascists stole the hipsters' press.

Do you speak this awkwardly too?

you probably suck at life ya dork

Hipsters were and are a common sight though.
Where can I find more neofolkers?

well said OP

>hipsters
>becoming nazis
They started hormone therapy and praise communism now famalam

>jezebel

Jesus christ yall are the most pretentious bunch of people on this website and I thought Veeky Forums had that title

>thinks proudboy retards are "nazis"

Hipsters have continued to be the same dumb druggie degenerates they have always been. What they almost never are are right-wingers of any sort.

How the fuck does this wikipedia article even exist?

wikipedia has been taken over by SJW power "editors".

t. Triggered hipster

they work at start-ups and tech companies
they just wear more dad-core now

///SOY///

>jezebel.com/5905291/a-complete-guide-to-hipster-racism
this article is perhaps the worse application of the English language of all timeq

> hipsters in toronto
they’ve all become ‘6ix senpai’ drake-preaching hypebeasts with a big-city superiority complex who lurk around queen west and kensington market.
i know i sound cranky but god i fucking hate that city. i’m so glad i moved

Hey I also hate Toronto and those places. Plan on moving to Sudbury.

this

can you link some neofolk tunes pls mate?

ty

what is in sudbury besides rocks. whats the point of living in ontario of it's not in the gta or at least york region

actually forget the rest of the gta only toronto itself and york region is worth it

Are you fucking stupid northern Ontario is beautiful

mega.nz/#!K8AgGAYQ!drHWbi646tZ3t0DRQZleKbcMBzEeQClX1NzOMzAuETs

They turned 40.

I suspect they are still hanging in dive bars and inhabit the same towns brooklyn, philly, austin, etc but now probably wear boots and flannel or dress like post rock kids. Probably foodies or some other kind of yuppie shit like that.

i have a zoom stylus it's nice for a casual photo taker that wants to post aesthetic pics of their friends on ig and facebook

Pleb as fuck at least get a epic prime

I agree with this guy, they all just got old and toned it down. They still drink craft beet in their trendy bars, but it's just kinda normal now.

kek, remind me of my folk-metal friends in California. Most of them are making the cliche move to Oregon now.

ya. i know some super ex hipster diy ppl in philly and brooklyn.
they are all like late 30s now. all fucking normal its actually really depressing t b h
watching them struggle with being uncool

i love visiting, but actually living there would be difficult

everyone who moved to BK to be hipsters is in their 30's now married with 3 kids and works for a shitty startup

catch 'em all

>epic prime

please stop trying to sound like you know what you're talking about

I do. Just get the stylus epic with the 35mm f2.8 prime lenses and none of that zoom shit you dumb faggot kys

Cant it be that it was all so simple then?

youtube.com/watch?v=kAO4EVMlpwM

the scene kids that became hipsters all turned into basic everlane dressing plebs

sooo theyre the modern day yuppies?

>riding fixed gear
>outside of velodrome

I have those pants. Fuck.

all of these can be right simultaneously. the subculture diverged in many different directions. people who grew up in the 2000s and have more recently been to college grew into these many fragmented subcultures so they'll deny they're in any way connected to past hipsters but they kind of all are in one way or another. we're all hipsters now.

even the alt-right. gavin mcginnes was straight up a vice editor. i was recently visiting a friend in NYC and in the trendy hipster enclaves there were identity europa stickers stuck to posts. through i'd say that most of the modern hipster or hipster adjacent subcultures are left-wing if only bc the vast majority of young people are left wing.

Hipsters never existed.

It was an insult unfashionable plebs came up with to insult people who were dressing trendily at the time.

By their standards, we're all hipsters because we care about how we dress instead of going out in a ketchup/cum stained Deadpool tee from Target and baggy cargo shorts w/ New Balance Tism/Beetus shoes like "normal people."

ironically, all of these «different» teenagers end up kind of all looking the same

> york region
i just puked in my mouth a bit

I have similar boots... Shit

yeah, nah
the brooklyn hipster was definitely a specific sub culture.
you must live in the suburbs or something. or you're too young to remember 2000-2008.

We've all moved onto the next prepackaged experience you're going to catch onto in a year.

whats the point of living in any canadian city when they are all devoid of anything interesting and are inferior to the american cities they compare themselves to? montreal is the only exception to this since quebec actually gives a shit about its culture.

Nah, he has a point. Everyone who actually knows what they're talking about understands that a hipster is a variation of the Brooklyn hipster cliche you mention, but the unfashionable people he's talking about honestly believe a hipster is like skinny chinos, a patterned short sleeve and Vans. I work with people like this. They live in a whole other world of stupidity.

They grew up and became adults. They just wear typical office shit, like long sleeve shirts to hide their shit tattoos with typical "respectable" haircuts cus they work normal jobs.

The fixed gear bikes and thrifted clothes were just pragmatic choices for broke bastards during the recession that they painted with a veneer of "cool" to feel better about themselves. The proliferation of artisinal roasteries and microbreweries is a testament to the legacy they have in popular consumer culture but other than that they're in the "young parent starting to get fat" demographic now so now they're basically invisible

Ok but that’s not what it’s called you dumb fuck.

it's called muji ii you stupid ugly fuck

don't be pretentious about cameras if you don't even know the proper names, faggot.

Found the hipster

All my hipster friends either grew up to be edgy, witchy goth kids, super leftist hippies or out grew it all together.

i mean, that's nothing new. look at punks, metalheads, hippies or mods for example.

Bernie Sanders stole all their thrifting munies

They evolved into nu-males and cat lady feministes.

i'm triggered