Debut

Just got done with my first piece that I will be producing! Making it with a heavy upholstery fabric (forgot the name), and an acetate liner. Quality is incredible. Will take professional photos and iron it, but I couldn't wait to post it.

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/qx1jpjlb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hate plugging myself but I haven't finished my website yet. Instagram is @lilbbw

looks pretty good senpai. i wouldn't be able to pull it off tho

nice
dodgy ig name though

Can we get a fit pic?

I mean it's instagram. The name was somewhat of a joke, but I'll change it soon because I'm now taking design work more seriously.

Looks nice. Need pic of it being worn.

Fit pic before I finished it

pretty cool. heard u were making a Youtube channel. That'd be great

>Making it with a heavy upholstery fabric (forgot the name)
this is actually dope but when you plug yourself try to have a better command of the facts and details otherwise you come off amateurish.
>label on the back:
>self: 100% upholstery fabric (forgot the name)
>liner: 100% acetate
>dry clean only

Are you planning on selling it?

To be honest thats kind of what I'm going for. I want to always be viewed as a regular guy and for my designs to speak for themselves. For now, I want people to take what I do very literally. I hate the pretentiousness in fashion, so I want to stay away from that as far as I can. With that being said I did forget the name and I don't have access to it right now.

Yes! :)

Thought it was worth mentioning I'm from Iowa. That's how we do shit here.

Are you doing these per order or just making a bunch because if you were to do per order I would have to dull the hood point, it seems too kkk for me, and I could pay a little extra for that

Funny u say that! It's actually fixed now. The shape is there without looking KKK now. The fit pic was an early sample. Hit me up on Instagram for one! @christiannassifdesigns

Took ur advice user I needed a professional name

What's this based on or inspired by? I've seen similar stuff in some Japanese fashion but I don't know the names of anything.

Honestly I used very little other influences. Been building off an imagination of a poncho for months

I don't think the heavy fabric was the best choice
it's so heavy that it just kinda falls instead of drapes
I also don't like the cut of the hem
makes it look like a too big untucked dress shirt

looked like a poncho in the first pics. good silhouette, I like how it looks here although I wish in a diff material. also, not really a fan of the pocket (?) on the front, dunno how you would carry anything in it and it would still look right.

as someone who might want to buy this i shouldn't be able to see glaring qc issues in photos, ideally you as the designer would have no qc issues but even good designers have them so w.e.
from what i can tell is uneven hems and sewing pretty much everywhere, hems look unfinished but not in in a deliberate deconstructed way more like a you don't know how to finish hems kind of way
strap details/pocket detail are a very basic execution of your concept, and yeah ok it's your first piece but you've executed those details in a super boring way and it's not even like the construction makes up for it in a "oh well it's basic but i'm going to do basics amazingly well" kind of way

looks ok here becasue of lighting but even so you can see visible puckering/ construction issues on the chest pocket
probably the best picture of it but even here you can see issues with the seam on the hood, the hems at the bottom do look much better here, strap detail looks like it wasn't sewn on evenly as well
i mean as a project or d.i.y. idea
sure great job you came up with a concept and executed it, not amazingly well but it was decently ambitious and was an ok result

for an item you will be selling to other people
it's garbage, design isn't particularly good and the construction is incredibly poor, considering that it's evident in photos, i imagine it's much worse in person

NOW THAT BEING SAID

there are plenty of dickheads on instagram and sites like big cartel who make pretty decent money doing exactly this, derivative unoriginal design with memey details like straps or big hood or meme prints or dumb pockets etc with shitty construction and they make a lot of money

so if thats your aim keep doing you but, if you're trying(and you may not be thats fair) to present this as a serious brand of any kind it's absolute trash and you have a shit ton of improvements to make

I was very excited to show it. This is a sample! Lol it's made very very poorly and I was actually just talking about that with a friend. Tonight I'm writing the steps out and figuring out all that technical shit out. I absolutely agree! Please don't be turned off by a sample. I am very confident in my sewing abilities. This is a sample that has been altered so so extensively to change elements about it that I wanted to adjust. I'll love to show you the first finished product. I promise it'll be perfect, because honestly this isn't hard to sew. Also an fyi the "pucker" on the hood is actually a pleat to allow for more fabric to make the hood bigger. Please respond because I really appreciate the criticism, and I know it'll be a non issue with even the first real product.

I wouldn't fucking dare give this to anyone. Im a respectable person. This is a bit early to show, but I was excited.

ah not, all of that was made super clear fair enough

Cool

Techwear Ringwraith

Actually, fuck you, asshole
Who do you think you are ?
Try doing something at least half as good as my art and I'll be the one judging you and mocking you on Veeky Forums
Go suck a nigger dick

christ

>Go suck a nigger dick
oh so the KKK hood was intentional?
not really a good look for some aspiring young guy to spout this kinda thing on Veeky Forums of all places

Look mate it's my own business and I'll say whatever the fuck I want to you and to anyone

so go suck
a
NIGGER
dick

double nigger

I see it being worn by some sort of asian or, you know, a fag.

This probably isn’t even him as anyone can set their name as Christian Nassif

>haha, didn't say a badword for real you guys :D
already screencapped everything and archived the thread, you ever going to be something I'll make sure this bites you in the ass, enjoy

Overly critical in some areas for no reason.

>garbage
No need to add salt to the wound, simply criticize, offer user advice and point out the flaws.

>plenty of dickheads on instagram and sites like big cartel who make pretty decent money doing exactly this

Incorrect. The current and most popular trend is screenprinting graphics onto tees and is what is continuously surging in popularity these days. Rarely anyone does more than screenprinting.

Fair enough, user has many flaws and is a beginner but you honestly sounds like a pretentious fucking asshole. Get off your high horse, everyone starts somewhere and doesn't need some pretentious loser on a Mongolian basket weaving forum to bash him and insult him unnecessarily .

To OP, continue improving and seeking advice, do not listen to losers like this user who feel the need to constantly trash the work you feel so happy about. It's pathetic. Sad!

t. internet warrior

Lol bitch

Do it bitchboy
If you're not into niggers I'll fuck you myself
Open wide

Cheers
C

Damn, Not gonna lie , I want this for show with my band. We play stuff like:

clyp.it/qx1jpjlb

I think this gothninja kinda shit is pretty cringey, but obviously plenty of people disagree with me and you did it well for what it is. Plus I really like your ethos and you've been very gracious about criticism in this thread. You should be proud of yourself and I wish you success, OP!

buddy, literally any can just change the name. Like me, right now. The other replies don't even look like OP's typing style. Clearly a troll. Get used to Veeky Forums.

nice damage control

>OP gets REKT on Veeky Forums after showing off his lazy designs
>buttblasted, he starts responding and insulting people
>realizes his mistake and tries to pretend that other people did it but not him
wew Christian
Like, wew

See you at the klan rally !

Do you think you're being clever? You clearly don't know anything about fashion and aren't posting anything constructive. I can't even. I have my very own style and it just comes from things I have been thinking about for a long time, nothing relating to the KKK. You, on the other hand, seem obsessed by it. Fuck off my thread now!

Faggot

You guys are fucking idiots, aren't you?

>I have my very own style and it just comes from things I have been thinking about for a long time

Nigga please, you've just been watching too many Moomins episodes.

Yo what the fuck that's not me lol I'm not a dumbass.

next time use a trip, dumbass

What the fucking shit dude I need to buy a name this isn't cool. What the fuck. Jesus christ. This is the real Christian Nassif. Here's proof. What the fuck

I didn't know it was that much of an issue lol wow people really impersonating me. Forgot I was on fucking /b/

More proof

U too stop this shit. I'm going 2 post every reply with proof from now on. This is stupid and unnecessary

>inb4 dox

Yo real OP here. I'd fucking love a death metal band to wear my shit. Absolutely love it. Please contact me on Instagram @christiannassifdesigns

Man I get that /b/ is a shit show but Veeky Forums? Come on. I have to pay fucking money for a trip now? This is so annoying and unnecessary.

>pay o use a trip
what

Here's ur proof it's not me. Sorry if some fucking douche bothered u

*to

Exactly what I was thinking. With no offense, OP needs to search for better suited materials.

stick with swimming

Got this figured out I think

Hell yea I thought u got a trip with a Veeky Forums pass oops I'm a dumbass

>screenprinting being more popular somehow means people arent creating shitty meme clothes as well

your statement and my statement werent contradictory yet you think they are???

also youre being a tone policing retard who even acknowledges that you're on Veeky Forums but gets upset at the fact you're on Veeky Forums and its not a faggy hug box like reddit

literally what

That is just a poor redesign of the traditional luhka (pic related)

hood is too pointy

looks like klan wear

*goblin klan wear

reminds me so much of that guy who would post really dark fits here years ago. i think they were full rick. the reaper of Veeky Forums

No one is tone policing I just don't understand why you're so hateful towards someone so happy to show their designs to Veeky Forums.

Also memey clothing is definitely in the lower end of popularity compared to screenprinted graphics. your point implied that the type you mentioned was the boom, which, they aren't.

We don't need a fucking leddit hugbox but being so spiteful doesn't help anything

cool, just don't wear it with the hood up

Thank you :) it really just comes down to I'm trying to make my own clothing and get feedback!

Did you make the pants? I see on your instagram you wear a few similar pairs (or maybe the same)
Anywhere to cop?

>picks on this comment in particular for being hateful
>oh lol i'm not tone policing!!!!

fucking kill yourself faggot

I REALLY love the idea of this. Thinking waxed black jeans with some SLP combat boots. I saw your fit pick and it seems the fit isn't quite there yet.

The proportions seem a little off. I think you need to put this on a mannequin when you're sewing and aim for a shorter fit. You seem to be going for the oversized-hoodie style when it just doesn't quite cut it.

I think if it fit more like pic-related, then you'd have more buyers.