Does anybody else here find shopping in person humiliating and take away their dignity?

Does anybody else here find shopping in person humiliating and take away their dignity?

Whenever I ever went shopping with anybody growing up, my family would get extremely annoyed with me because I was so picky.

But to me, shopping screams "I need clothes" and there is nothing more degrading than telling other people I am dirty and poor so much that I need clothes. I feel like they know how little clothes I have, and my pickiness also feels lowly for some reason as well.

Whenever I shop, my adrenaline kicks in and I'm constantly looking around me and I whisper with whoever I'm with and I don't like ANYBODY to be near me.

I especially hate when clerks come up to me and ask if i'm finding everything okay, and they'll watch me like i'm a weirdo.

Does ANYBODY else feel this way? It keeps me from living life and I googled "shopping humiliating" and all I got was crossdressing humiliation fetishes.

I'm like this and very insecure so it makes it worse

If shopping is for poor people then why are a lot of clothes so expensive. Clear it's a hobby for people with money. Also sort out that social anxiety you're literally the only person who thinks like that. no one is thinking that except perhaps "why is that jittery guy by that rack looking around like that?"

clerks prolly think you're there to shoplift you weirdo lmao

Same

I feel the same way, try shopping with close friends. Also, understand that no one pays attention to other shoppers, which should make sense because I doubt you've ever thought "why is this guy so picky?" while shopping

>Does anybody else here find shopping in person humiliating and take away their dignity?

Yeah.

>But to me, shopping screams "I need clothes" and there is nothing more degrading than telling other people I am dirty and poor so much that I need clothes.

Nah.

>I especially hate when clerks come up to me and ask if i'm finding everything okay, and they'll watch me like i'm a weirdo.

They only do that to people who look like shit.

Looking like shit means you are not very bright, which means you can be manipulated into buying things.

It's a broad application of IMT. Not personal. The salespeople are also not too bright and don't really understand what they are doing.

Bottom line is that feeling awkward and miserable is just part of the learning process. It's a good sign. It means that you are smart enough to understand that something is off.

Oh also, you have social anxiety and should seek treatment right away.

If you don't feel like dealing with that, try herbal supplements. Tea and CBD tinctures can help.

No I like shopping and I feel good when I find nice things. I only thrift. I also feel better the more nice things I get. Or when I find nice shit for super cheap.

Social phobic autist here, I shop online or figure out precisely what I want beforehand and get in and out asap.

Post a fit. Any fit.

so much autism

For the record, you guys, I am very sociable and im fairly extroverted and enjoy company of others. I am not a total social autist, but I have developed a lot of it to cover up these problems.

I just happen to have these few weird phobias but am an otherwise normal person.

yeah I used to be like that when I was young

wat

Here is a fit, any fit (but it's not me).

>dressing dapper casually
faggot

get therapy dude

When I was growing up, my parents would take me to standard poor people's outlet stores to shop and would get made at me for being picky, but then would refuse to buy me things that I liked because they had arbitrary problems with what I wanted to wear (mostly that they didn't want me to dress in all black). The first time they let me go out shopping on my own, they got mad at me for what I brought home just because they insisted that they were "womens clothes" and told me that they're not letting me go clothes shopping on my own again. Now that I'm an adult, I find shopping for myself easy because I can actually just buy what I want from where I want, but my parents still try to give me shit not just for how I dress but for how much I spend on single articles of clothing because they somehow see caring about fashion and paying more than outlet store prices as some kind of inherently negative thing.

Long story short: I've always fought with my parents about clothes, and it hasn't ended just because I'm in my 20s. I also have a permanent complex about people judging me for the clothes that I'm looking at and buying when I shop in public because of it.

i dont like shoping because i dont like crowded places and because of my social anxiety but to me ur thing sounds even more weird. cuz of this i dont go in small places with much customer service.

Post a fit. Any fit.

"You need therapy because this makes no sense"

Is like,
actually doing pretty good at convincing me that this makes no sense and my fears are totally ridiculous. I appreciate that you guys are being nice instead of calling me names because I didn't choose to have this sort of phobia.

I've been trying to get therapy to help me understand some issues but it's really difficult because I live in california so healthcare isn't available and i'm from a rural area with no doctors. Whenever someone says "get a shrink" I wonder where exactly they think i'm supposed to get one.

I know you say otherwise, but this sounds like social anxiety. No stranger is fixated on you while you shop. Most sales clerks are pestering you because it's protocol, or they get commission. Just let them know you're only browsing. If it's a commission based place, I'll just ask their name, and say, "If I find anything I like, I'll make sure to tell the cashier you helped me." Since commission is usually tallied at the register.

As for shopping with others, I get that having people waiting on you can cause anxiety. Personally, I shop alone or with other Veeky Forumsgs if I'm not just casually window shopping. If your parents are buying your clothes, you might be S.O.L. til you get your own income.

Also, make sure to replace items before they wear out. It will make shopping less urgent and allow you to be more selective without feeling anxious or too picky.

I have completely failed to replace items before they wear out. That's one of my biggest problems, and people always get on my case for how dire I make shopping out to be.

That seriously is my biggest issue. With all these problems, I have failed to replace items before they wear out. You're totally right, and that's pretty much the main reason I'm even on Veeky Forums so much lately. Shopping is on my mind.

This will help. Thank you.

nah but i always feel like people think im a thief

same

I feel pretty awkward shopping in public too but its not so bad I cant deal with it.But it has given me a strong preference for big department stores over smaller boutiques just to cut down on possible social interaction. As for people judging what you buy, people will be seeing you wears it anyway so if you dont feel judged wearing it you shouldnt feel judged buying it

Yeah, when I enter a store I imagine the clerks thinking "what's that ugly short subhuman doing in our store, is he trying to look good? lmfao pathetic"

not exposing for the highlights

You're not the only one with this it's pretty common, but the solution to most social fears is to just be in them a lot til you don't think about it anymore. Just go shopping man and you'll learn how to do it from experience eventually

>hey bro it's easier to shoplift when you're not breathing down my neck, thanks

manlets aren't people

Yes. Exactly that. Something about walking around a clothing store and being badgered by employees who probably just want to help me makes me extremely awkward and uncomfortable. This is only a problem with clothing stores and at this point i wont buy new stuff in person anymore.

if you're too autismo for just looking for clothes either seek therapy or do what I do. look online at what they have online, see what you like and then go in store to see it for yourself in person, or just order it online that works too. but yeah like the others said get help if you need it.

OP shops at the mall.

And no, it's not humiliating. It's a chance to humiliate others. I remember when I bought Geos retail at the NYC Rick store - I went to the bank ahead of time and had the whole thing, with expected tax, doled out to me in 20's.

I made the SA wait like ten minutes, counting all that out.

no. you're just a little autistic

>Does anybody else here find shopping in person humiliating and take away their dignity?
...No? You probably just go to shitholes fampai, going in person is the only way to get a good fit. When I shop for clothes, I go to my tailor, we chitchat a bit, we discuss what I need/want, he gives suggestions, we look at fabrics, we converse about the various options, what cuts work well with what cloth etcetera, settle on something, he takes my measures, on another day I'll return for a fitting, and so on. It's an extremely pleasant experience.

>pierced nips
I'm really disgusted by the way our culture encourages whores to mutilate themselves these days. Whole blocks of years' worth of fresh sluts ruined. Just an absolute, pointless waste.

Like everyone else is saying, sounds like you've got a bit of social anxiety. No one cares about you or is watching you and they'll forget your face 2 seconds after you leave.

How else are you supposed to get clothing user? People buy clothing regularly despite whether they need it or not/rich or poor/dirty or clean, no one is making some judgement about your social status because you are shopping.

It sounds like you've got some insecurities about yourself that you're projecting onto this experience unnecessarily. Why are you so worried about seeming poor/dirty? Why is that what concerns you? Why are you so picky? Is it something to even be self conscious about?

Why do people ruin their breasts with degenerate piercings

What are some things you can do to overcome this?

I used to feel that way, but then I kept on thinking about how little I, myself, thought about other people. The clerks just want to sell you their shit, it's your job to be picky because it's your money. If they think you're weird for browsing, then you can just take your money to another store, there are plenty of stores.

I never used to be anxious but ever since I moved to Paris and started shopping in small empty boutiques I've hated it.

I went to a shirt shop called HAST and it was terrible. The shirts were nice but the only mirror was next to the door and the shop was basically all windows. Worst thing was the three female assistants looking at me the whole time as I bulged out of my shirt. It was a small shop, not cool.

I'm the same but I don't feel that way in any other situation

Just because I've always dressed badly

Not humiliating, just intense anxiety and paranoia when shopping afk

You have to +18 to be on here