I'd like to get inside the heads of different demographics

I'd like to get inside the heads of different demographics.

If I'm going to be a copywriter, I need to know who I'm selling to. The what is immaterial, it could be anything, but it needs to chime with their emotional needs.

I'm particularly interested in white collar women. Doctors, dentists, etc, in the 25-35 age range. Young women are big spenders and professionals are big earners. Seems like it could be a goldmine if I can understand their dreams - not necessarily the kind of dreams they would say out loud, since I know how to write between the lines.

What are some resources I could use for this kind of demographic research? Are there statistics that could tell me the demographics of different films books, or types of music? What's your own experience in this area, Veeky Forums?

I tried posting this on /r9k/, but the board moves way faster than the people there can think.

Maybe you should try meeting some.

If you don't have the balls, just quit already: you're not going to make it.

Meeting a statistically significant number of female dentists takes more than balls, user.

Their dreams are to get married and have kids, just like every other woman. The trick is marketing to dumb millennials who have daddy's credit card

everyone literally wants the same things regardless of demographic

crack cocaine?

the propulsion for desiring crack cocaine you fucking twat

just alter the stakes

Yeah. Like power tools. Women really love power tools.

you're thinking about it totally wrong. don't ask for advice and then be snide.

I took "things" a little literally, but I'm still correct.

Power tools represent the phallic principle, which women don't want, or at least, don't want in such a large dose.
Otherwise they'd be enthusiastic about the 2nd amendment and smoke cigars. Among other symbolic actions.

You're not wrong, as such, but you're thinking far, far too vaguely, and even being vague about your vagueness. What I'm looking for is specifics.

OP.

It's time to get outside.

depends on what you are selling

i would focus on getting your hands on the data or consulting with a firm that already has it. look at the numbers first and ask questions. dont rely on what women say they want (because they want whatever looks appealing and happens to float by them)

i dont know of any resources myself.. your best (and cheapest) bet might be to build a website that appeals to them (make up a miracle product and say it is in development), sign up as an affiliate to amazon and other sites (especially those selling products for women), and track the data you get from banner ad clicks.

offer a newsletter that you can fill with your own blog posts (gives you a chance to practice your writing), and have member features like a free ebook upon providing age, location, etc.

Hey dude, I sometimes visit Veeky Forums to give some advice to people who work from home/freelance as I'm a Copywriter myself with quite a lot of experience (pic related).

Here's the questions you need to answer in order to target your audience effectively:

1.WHOis the specific target prospect? (be specific, gender, education, employment, family)

2.WHATis the nature of their specific problem? physical, mental, emotional? Is it annoying, painful, bothersome?)

3.WHENdo they actually experience the problem? (How often? How long?)

4.WHEREelse does the problem affect them negatively? (what are the ripple effects, or domino effects?)

5.WHYcan't they solve it themselves?

6.HOWhave they tried to solve it but failed? ('the full menu' of solutions that don't work)

7.WHATIFthey could solve it, what would life be like? (the possibilities of a life without suffering)

Once you answer these questions it will be much easier to figure out how to approach your audience.

I'll be lingering here today so if you need advice on anything else go for it - I'll try to help/

think of a man, and take away reason and accountability and that's your female mindset.

>re there statistics that could tell me the demographics of different films books, or types of music? What's your own experience in this area

you can buy that shit on the onion network.

we do automated highly-targeted advertisement based on intelligence we gather ourselves. There are a lot of legal problems and hurdles you need to overcome and sharing that information, especially for commercial purposes is an extremely excrutiating process and almost not worth it. what you can do instead, if you have the infrastructure, is hook into other web-services as an external content provider and gather your own data. or you buy that data from corporate spies. of course you make yourself liable if anyone were to find out, that's why we don't do it.

This is good. How did you get started?

You mean Tor? I didn't realise they had legit stuff.

Well, I got started by reading books about a wealthy mindset (The Millionaire Fastlane, The Richest Man in Babylon, etc.) and then I figured that I always wrote great English essays and all that in school (I'm not a native English speaker).

So I got into Copywriting and joined Elance/Odesk (now Upwork) where I got a couple gigs, but the clients there were not looking for quality so I quickly ditched that platform.

Then I found Facebook groups and forums where I absorbed a lot of info. I started reading books, devouring courses and digesting all the info into notes.

I then used those notes to consistently create short, valuable posts/videos in the groups/forums - people saw that and soon clients started contacting me directly.

This is all condensed of course, it took me almost 2 years to get where I am now, but I just graduated and I make an easy $2-3k/month with less than a 15 hour work week.

Now that my studies are done I'm gonna go all in and work my ass off while traveling with my laptop as an ATM that spews money out whenever I need it.

The keywords here are: be active, be visible, be consistent.

Is this bait?

Have you ever considered advertising your own products, or as an affiliate?

Being a sadsack is just being an idiot in slow motion.

Absolutely. Now that my studies are done, I'll focus on client work to have a steady flow of cash and I'll also be working my own book, then maybe a course.

Having a background in Copywriting is amazing if you're thinking of putting out your own products.

As for affiliate offers, I know there's an infinite amount of money there, but I want to create my own legit persona with legit offers.

He has 30 teeth. He could have one pulled by one dentist each and meet 30 dentists.

First thing to realise is that for anyone, man or woman, but especially women, WANTS are more powerful than NEEDS.

What a woman wants drives her more than her emotional needs. She needs shoes, she wants $500 shoes. A woman wants to feel superior than all other women in her entire circle. She wants to think she is the prime candidate for insemination when the cavemen come back to camp.

You need to sell the belief that having product X gives them the edge.